Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bgriff
2005 - 2019 discussion can be found at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/493018-book-cook-thread-47.html

Menus can be viewed at https://inflightmenu.singaporeair.com/home
Print Wikipost

Book the cook 2020 onward

Old May 31, 2022, 12:23 am

Any recommendatiosn for BTC meals for business departing Melbourne and Singapore. Had the lobster a few years ago out of Singapore and it was just ok. Might have changed?
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:35 am

BTC Lobster Thermador out of SIN. I love cheese and even I would say it was too cheesy. All you tasted was cheese.

BTC Seafood Congee out of LAX. This was the best congee I have ever had! You can't see from the photo, but there were two shrimp, two scallops and two chunks of white fish in there. I'm not usually a big congee fan, but I read somewhere on this forum that this was a good pick and I am so glad I tried it!
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
Based on all the feedback here, perhaps better to go for the lobster laksa in TPR and pick something else off of the Book the Cook options. I only wish they brought the kyo-kaiseki back .... I hope that is not a permanent "enhancement"!
estnet likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
The meatless falafel burger was not bad, but the crew forgot the tomato salsa and the moutabel. Despite that it was quite good. Would have been better with those two, of course. I got blank looks when I asked about the salsa and the moutabel!
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:05 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Interestingly enough, BTC is available for selection now for my flights in October.

For those who have traveled from LAX .. is the burger served with everything on the side? It mentions 1000 Island dressing which is absolutely dreadful. Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:05 pm

Any recommendations/warnings as far as BTC goes from JFK to FRA?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Originally Posted by legionnaire
The meatless falafel burger was not bad, but the crew forgot the tomato salsa and the moutabel. Despite that it was quite good. Would have been better with those two, of course. I got blank looks when I asked about the salsa and the moutabel!
Yikes, I booked this burger for my upcoming SIN-SFO sector! I might have to find a photo of the complete dish somewhere and save it to my phone to show them in case they forget.

As a vegetarian, the thing that annoys me about BTC is that I can't seem to request a vegetarian appetiser even if I am able to order a vegetarian BTC option. In the past, I've just had to forgo the appetiser if it doesn't work for me. It's ok...I eat more than enough in the lounges beforehand and on layovers anyway
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
can you ‘customize’ the sauces out of the BTC options? Or can the crew put them on the side - my 4-year old next to me would probably actually gobble up moutabel plain - so that would be win-win.

Otherwise, falafel burger looks like a good option for me, but I don’t like eggplant. We’re veggie, and a bit disappointed how few veggie BTC veg options there are (and personally…for me, since both have eggplant). We’re only flying in Business ex-SIN - I suspect if we weren’t in Y ex-BLR, there’s be more that way? Otherwise I’ll probably just have the standard menu Indian veg option.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I've got to say the BTC options ex-SIN are quite disappointing. Yes there's an amazing array of hawker food, but is it right that the business class experience have a foundation dishes that you can purchase across Singapore for $5? Or maybe $7 or $8 in a shopping centre. Very scant western options, I missed my previous go-to items like the Ribeye and Lamb chops. I wonder if this is temporary, or this is now the permanent BTC menu?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe
can you ‘customize’ the sauces out of the BTC options? Or can the crew put them on the side
I am sure you can ask them to. I didn't expect they would completely forget the sides on my order. I guess there's a first time for everything.

Originally Posted by emcampbe
I don’t like eggplant. We’re veggie, and a bit disappointed how few veggie BTC veg options there are (and personally…for me, since both have eggplant).
+1. which is why i thought I'd try this as a less (to me) offensive option. I picked the Indian Veg for my other meal, so that balanced out.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingJoy
Yikes, I booked this burger for my upcoming SIN-SFO sector! I might have to find a photo of the complete dish somewhere and save it to my phone to show them in case they forget.
That would be wise.

Originally Posted by FlyingJoy
As a vegetarian, the thing that annoys me about BTC is that I can't seem to request a vegetarian appetiser .. In the past, I've just had to forgo the appetiser if it doesn't work for me.
Pretty much what I've ended up doing. Not that I need the calories, but if they are advertising and pitching a certain set of features on a J class product...

Overall, I feel a decline in SQ from pre-pandemic standards. This is just another example.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:44 am

That would be wise.

Pretty much what I've ended up doing. Not that I need the calories, but if they are advertising and pitching a certain set of features on a J class product...

Overall, I feel a decline in SQ from pre-pandemic standards. This is just another example.
this isn’t pre pandemic. Before pandemic the vegetarian catering on SQ BTC or onboard was non existent. I even complained to the team in SQ Suites at the time. Guess having one veg option on BTC is a win. If you don’t special order a meal there isn’t a veg option. Compare that with ME and European airlines where there is at least one vegetarian option. Though I think it’s an East and SE Asian carrier thing. I don’t think the Japanese airlines have veg options on their menu unless you special order.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:05 am

BTC out of SIN. Warm waffle with strawberry coulis, fresh berries and mascarpone cheese. I have seen mixed reviews on this dish from this forum, but I enjoyed it. What was interesting was both myself and my husband both ordered this dish and his was presented so differently than mine! Mine is in the photo, his had the mascarpone cheese in a ramekin on the side. The mascarpone is what made this dish so lovely to me. I would order this again for a breakfast flight.

BTC out of Tokyo Narita. Salmon Chazuke. Rice with sliced salmon and dashi stock. This was very bland and underwhelming. I would not order it again.
emcampbe, FlyingJoy and onlySIA like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kat1919

BTC out of SIN. Warm waffle with strawberry coulis, fresh berries and mascarpone cheese. I have seen mixed reviews on this dish from this forum, but I enjoyed it. What was interesting was both myself and my husband both ordered this dish and his was presented so differently than mine! Mine is in the photo, his had the mascarpone cheese in a ramekin on the side. The mascarpone is what made this dish so lovely to me. I would order this again for a breakfast flight.
thanks for posting. Timely for me.

we’re flying SIN-MAA on Thurs., and selected the waffle dish for my daughters (7 and 4). They would probably be happy enough with the Indian veg option from the menu, but we’re gonna be in India for 2.5 weeks pretty much eating those kind of dishes anyway, and this will be a treat for them, and kind of fun to do breakfast for dinner (we don’t normally fly business, and this is a bit of a surprise for them too to be in the fancy lie-flats not too long after flying a fairly long TPAC routing in Y). Does look like a heavy proportion of mascarpone to waffle though, but I’m sure they’ll love it.

anyone tried the buckwheat and pumpkin pancakes, and have opinions on that? I try to eat on the healthier side, which I suspect this is, but i went with falafel burger instead. Was also considering ordering one of these for kids, and having them split that and the waffle, so they could have something a little more savory and a little more sweet.

Last edited by emcampbe; Jun 12, 2022 at 3:22 pm
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: OWE, *G
Originally Posted by bgriff
BTC menus out of JFK and FRA (and most other outstations it seems, SYD being the only exception I'm finding) no longer include lobster thermidor, so unless that changes it is sadly now an exercise only in historical analysis.
How sad! Any BTC recommendations on FRA-SIN Suites?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.