Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bgriff
2005 - 2019 discussion can be found at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/493018-book-cook-thread-47.html

Menus can be viewed at https://inflightmenu.singaporeair.com/home
Print Wikipost

Book the cook 2020 onward

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Lobster Thermidor Question

Hey folks,

For upcoming flights ex-FRA and SIN in Suites, lobster thermidor is still listed in the Book the Cook menu. However the description of the dish doesn't match. Boston lobster thermidor for instance is described as lobster meat sauteed in butter, period. Ex-JFK the old thermidor description is still posted. Has anyone had these dishes ex-FRA & SIN recently & can you confirm whether the traditional thermidor is being served or not? Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:44 pm

Is Book the Cook available SEA-SIN? When I manage my booking in the app, the Book the Cook menu is not selectable.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Is Book the Cook available SEA-SIN? When I manage my booking in the app, the Book the Cook menu is not selectable.
No it is not. LA NY SF only. According to their website anyway https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...book-the-cook/
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Do I just have boring tastes. Seems like the Syd to Sin meu hasn't changed in ages.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:37 pm

How’s the “Tongseng Kambing“ vs the “Seared Prawns with Pineapple Apple-Ginger Chutney”?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
In-Flight Menu for upcoming SIN-NRT (Supper):

Spoiler

I have half a mind to go with the Kyo Kaiseki rather than any particular BTC dish, hmmm.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:07 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
BTC for MEL-SIN (or MEL-WLG):

Indian lamb shank curry
Indian lamb shank curry with spiced vegetables and basmati rice

I'll rate this one as great. Lamb was delicious, especially with the sauce. For some reason there was few pieces of paneer on the dish (wasn't mentioned on the BTC menu, but tasted good nonetheless)

Grilled beef in green peppercorn sauce
Grilled beef in green peppercorn sauce with seasonal vegetables and gratin potatoes

This one is actually quite good. Perfectly tender piece of meat, cooked slightly over medium.

Last edited by antebellum; Feb 9, 2020 at 1:24 am
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:52 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by truncated
The SQ22 options are very meh so would go BTC if I were you.
Is this the case for both J as well, or just PE?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:17 pm

On one of my SQ flights (SIN-MEL) they list lobster thermidor as an option. Normally I'd prefer one of the more flavorful local dishes (peranakan ayam buah keluak is the choice now). But after reading here and elsewhere just how good the lobster is, and a bit of a "fear of missing out" (as it is, presumably, going away) - is it worth trying?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by tr3k
On one of my SQ flights (SIN-MEL) they list lobster thermidor as an option. Normally I'd prefer one of the more flavorful local dishes (peranakan ayam buah keluak is the choice now). But after reading here and elsewhere just how good the lobster is, and a bit of a "fear of missing out" (as it is, presumably, going away) - is it worth trying?
I think it will be alright but don’t give high hope on how it taste. Safe journey.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:44 pm

Can someone explain how some of the people report several main dishes? Does SQ let you order more than one?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:07 pm

Can someone explain how some of the people report several main dishes? Does SQ let you order more than one?
maybe they have two or three travelers travel together ? They BTC different items?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
maybe they have two or three travelers travel together ? They BTC different items?
Fair enough. Photos made it look like a set for one. So I was wondering.

As an aside, once on EgyptAir I saw someone who ordered a vegetarian meal, which was brought separately. Then, as FAs passed with a cart carrying regular dishes, helped himself to a second set. That was a neat trick
Parterre likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:21 pm

Fair enough. Photos made it look like a set for one. So I was wondering.

As an aside, once on EgyptAir I saw someone who ordered a vegetarian meal, which was brought separately. Then, as FAs passed with a cart carrying regular dishes, helped himself to a second set. That was a neat trick

think this is possible as well as long as everyone one have their meal. Think there is someone who posted recently that he have several main course from menu to try as he prefer to eat later. And these are left overs.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
You can preorder only one.

But I once had preordered lobster and then the pho on the inflight menu tickled my fancy, so I politely asked whether they could check if they have a spare pho when all other passengers have been fed. And they did, so I had the pho from the inflight menu in addition to the BTC lobster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.