Best way to reach SQ Customer Service?

Old Dec 19, 21, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Best way to reach SQ Customer Service?

I'm US based and within last week tried to call SQ 3 times (833-727-0118). First time was on hold 2 hrs, second 1.5 hrs, and 3rd time 1:45 hrs before giving up. Should I continue to wait or is there a better number to call?
Old Dec 20, 21, 9:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold, AA Platinum
Same here, Im trying to call krisflyer line at Singapore and not having much luck either. Guess Ill resort to online form and cross my finger they will address my request quickly.
Old Dec 20, 21, 10:58 am

Better to send message vis their website
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 21, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
Better to send message vis their website
yeah I gave up on trying to reach someone on phone. Cross my finger that they address my request while award space is available
Old Dec 21, 21, 9:25 am

Are the even manning the phones anymore? I've tried in the morning, afternoon and night. All 2+ hour waits before I gave up.
Old Dec 23, 21, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K (with all the rights and privileges pertaining thereto)), Hilton Diamond
I am US based and was able to get through in five minutes today. Didn't get what I wanted but I did get through to talk to someone who wasn't helpful.
Old Dec 24, 21, 2:30 am

I got through today after 80 minutes
Old Dec 24, 21, 8:34 am

try their Twitter account... send personal message
Old Dec 24, 21, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by giporlos View Post
try their Twitter account... send personal message
their Twitter account dont offer personal message option. It seems airlines are running on minimum numbers of staffs to deal with customer service issues. Its frustrating and I sent online message to SQ like 3 or 4 day ago. Heard nothing since.
Old Dec 24, 21, 8:52 pm

This is an automated acknowledgment. We are currently encountering high volume and will do our best to respond to you within 15 business days.

Email auto reply from SQ.

Whatever company these days think its even remotely acceptable to take 15 BUSINESS DAYS to respond to an email should go fire themselves!!
Old Dec 25, 21, 1:12 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well I had a simple query (email) and had to send two reminders at end of 7 days and 21 days to receive a boiler plate cut and paste response that didn't even remotely address the query. So had to fire it back asking to read the question before reverting, 2 weeks and counting since.

All this times it said 3 business days in the auto acknowledgement emails which of course was a joke as never once was it met. Now stating 15 business days, I'm not surprised, but to think this is acceptable (?), agree with you that it does not make SQ look good and does not instill confidence.
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:28 pm

How are people getting ahold of them nowadays? Need to cancel an award - couldn't on website, chat form is down, email form is down, SQ doesn't accept tweets, tried calling a dozen times the longest of which was 6.5 hours on hold before my phone died. Even tried overseas numbers but they parked on hold too. What's the secret?
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by metzgersdog26 View Post
How are people getting ahold of them nowadays? Need to cancel an award - couldn't on website, chat form is down, email form is down, SQ doesn't accept tweets, tried calling a dozen times the longest of which was 6.5 hours on hold before my phone died. Even tried overseas numbers but they parked on hold too. What's the secret?
There doesn't seem to be any method to the madness. I spent 2+ hours on hold before giving up last week, but then called one day around 10am eastern and got through to an agent in 7 minutes.
Old Dec 28, 21, 2:27 am

I was able to reach customer service via the online chat the other day. At first it said chat unavailable, but I refreshed a few times and was placed into a queue on the fifth refresh. I received a message from an agent via chat about an hour or so after joining the queue. It was not possible to cancel my award ticket via chat, so the agent called my mobile and took care of everything over the phone.

If SQ can't staff up their call centre, perhaps they could make an IT update so it is possible to cancel and redeposit an award online?

Over the past month I've needed to communicate via phone with BA, AY, AA and SQ. SQ by far and away the most difficult to get in touch with.
shrisonu likes this.
Old Dec 29, 21, 1:25 pm

Programs: VS Gold, SQ Elite Gold, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, AS MVP Gold 75k
3 hour hold. hung up.
2.5 hour hold. hung up.
30 minute hold. hung up.
12 second hold, Someone answered.

There is no method to the madness. Pure luck. Of course i got a completely unhelpful person due to two cancelled flights but at least they refunded miles and money back super quickly. But now my F seat in the new suites is no more.

Search this Thread