Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to reach SQ Customer Service?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: Hilton Silver, QF Gold
I've been on hold for 8 hours and 37 minutes!
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: Hilton Silver, QF Gold
Finally got through at 10 hours 15 minutes.
renila, jayboo33 and emag_eh7 like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by tororm
I've been on hold for 8 hours and 37 minutes!
Originally Posted by tororm
Finally got through at 10 hours 15 minutes.
How did you do this? Thought the call hangs up on you after a certain time?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:41 am

Well it took 21 days and 8 calls/messages with probably over 16 hours on hold but finally someone pushed through the redemption refund and I got my points back. And thankfully the award booking I wanted was still available.

I've called them other times throughout the years and while it's never been a "great" experience it's never been this awful or this hard to get ahold of.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:07 pm

I made my 4th phone call two days ago as the FB hack highlighted below also did not work. After about an hour someone came on the line and tried to take my information and have the redemption team call me back. I refused that request and explained that on three previous attempts nobody called me back and that I would wait until she was able to get someone from the redemption team on the phone. Roughly 10 minutes later she found someone and transferred me to the agent. He took my info, adding a segment to the end of a Suites booking, and stated that he needed help pricing the ticket and assured me he would call me back. Guess what, the new leg is now pending and he never called me back. I have had the run around with both BA and Lifemiles numerous times in the past, but Singapore Airlines at this point is just an utter $hit show. My miles are held captive, so cancelling my booking does me no good. I used to love Singapore Airlines and have had some amazing redemptions and experiences with this airline, but after this I doubt I will be back. Shame
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Chat has worked well for me, but oddly only if it's towards the end of their chat business hours.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by 54austin
Chat has worked well for me, but oddly only if it's towards the end of their chat business hours.
Around what time, exactly?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:02 pm

I've got to book some partner (AS) awards and that can only be done on the phone. Looks like I'm in for a rough couple of weeks...
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EP, United Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Around what time, exactly?
Personally I’ve had good luck at the beginning of their hours, 8PM ET (9AM Singapore time).
Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by VTrain
Personally I’ve had good luck at the beginning of their hours, 8PM ET (9AM Singapore time).
Add a data point here, I got on the chat (via the app) right at 8pm ET and was talking with a CS right away. Unfortunately, about 10 minutes later she ended the chat for no reason and now I'm sitting here waiting again.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:36 pm

UPDATE:
I signed onto the live chat right at 8PM EST today and was able to get an agent within roughly 30 seconds. She addressed my concerns but needed to get some help with pricing my trip and asked if she could call me back. I explained to her that I had heard that story numerous times prior to no avail and asked if she could email me instead. She apologized for her peers failures to follow up, stated email was not an option, and assured me she would call me back. A couple of hours later she did in fact call me back and now I am waiting for my ticket to reissue. Going forward I will use this same approach if needed, and as you can see from a couple post before mine, my getting thru quickly was not an anomaly.

Shoot for 8PM EST and use the chat feature.
jayboo33 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:51 pm

Has anyone recently had any success with the live chat other than right at the start or end of their hours? Seems that if you mash it enough for it to say, "a customer service representative will be with you shortly" just means you will sit there forever and never get anyone. To make it worse, they give you three minutes to respond once they assign an agent, so you have to constantly be looking at the chat window.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:28 pm

I did get a chat agent about 30 min waiting (midnight ET)... However they don't understand that Alaska and Singapore are still partners and keeps telling me that Singapore is Star Alliance and pushing me to United flights. Lord, give me strength...
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA, KF
My experience calling this morning was super quick. I basically got a csr in less than 5 min. and quicker still when I asked to be transferred to KF csr. I really thought that they've cleared the call backlogs already but I guess YMMV on this one. I also got a call back when they could not provide a specific answer to my question and just after less than 30 min. I got a call from the csr.

My chat experience was okay the first time. Waited for almost an hour before I got a live agent. The next 2 were a bust. I had to cancel after a few hours of "you're in queue and the agent will be with you shortly" that's why I decided to try calling -- and got lucky, I guess.

Just sharing my experience.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:56 pm

Singapore airlines call centre has really gone to complete sh*t.
My calls are being picked up relatively quickly now but it's always to some agent who can't do anything with redemption bookings. They will put you on hold for about 5 mins and then come back and tell you that the redemption team is all busy and they will arrange a call back.
Whether they will actually call you back is about 50/50 and that's if you manage to even pick up the call by being alert and available for the whole day ready to pounce on your phone.
If you do actually manage to get a redemption agent on the line, anything besides the most basic of tasks requires them to escalate it to some other people with the promises of calling you back, which just does not happen.
Singapore has gone from one of the best airlines for customer service to one of the worse.

Last edited by potm; Feb 3, 2022 at 7:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.