Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More VTL flights?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:58 am
Original Poster

No More VTL flights?

It looks you can't book the JFK-SIN or FRA-SIN VTL flights anymore in december starting tomorrow (i.e. can book flight for tomorrow)- anyone know if they are banning all flights or something? Hopefully this is an IT glitch....

Edit: based on quick scan, same thing with LHR-SIN, so I assume this is a widespread issue at this point...

Last edited by bdubs7; Dec 1, 2021 at 8:59 am
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Hmm...SFO and LAX too. Flights are zeroed out in Expertflyer. I have a booking on one of these flights in a couple of days and no notification of anything being cancelled but SQ/SG Gov may have decided to limit additional bookings through end December?

​​
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:38 am

Not sure if it's because of heavy passenger traffic in the weeks leading up to Christmas and New Year.

I have in recent weeks encountered scenearios where VTL flights weren't shown in the SQ app, but on the website they were displayed as waitlistable.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
yeah seems flights also zeroed out from munich and london.didnt wanna try all cities. maybe we will hear some update from the government tmr - surprisingly only SQ zeroed their flights. Lufthansa still allows to book vtl flights which maybe an indication that SQ got some upfront information from their government that regulations may change
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
another indication that vtl rules may change. When i search on expertflyer flights from MUC via SIN to BKK then the vtl flight is bookable... so only for vtl they zeroed out availability
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:13 am

Interesting find! This is also the case for the VTL flight out of AMS I was trying to book for next week, and which was wide open yesterday. Typically it is not possible to transit after a VTL flight, right? I wonder if this could be an IT glitch then?

I wouldn't be surprised if VTL policy is adjusted, but I do hope SG allows fully vaxed LT pass holders to enter the country when they please and fulfill any SHN at home.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by riotpoofcity
Interesting find! This is also the case for the VTL flight out of AMS I was trying to book for next week, and which was wide open yesterday. Typically it is not possible to transit after a VTL flight, right? I wonder if this could be an IT glitch then?
Nope, they changed the rule a few weeks ago and allow transit passengers on VTL flights. so this is correct that they can book vtl flights
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
It's quite terrible. I had to find a new flight immediately since my VTP was 1 day short of the time window. I checked every this very comprehensive list (https://mainlymiles.com/2021/10/11/f...-to-singapore/) for the next 2 weeks and only thing open on SQ was KUL. So no more SQ
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
So if all VTL flights going to Singapore are canceled/suspended tomorrow, this thread could be quite a good indication of what is happening.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:49 pm

This is what I am worried about... But perhaps I am reading too much into this.

The fact that VTL flights in Asia (i.e. ICN) are still available for booking might suggest a change to VTL policy with Europe and North America. I suppose it might also be an IT glitch... but really?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
I suspect it's just a tapping on the brakes. I don't expect flights will be cancelled but rather simply no new bookings for a period. The MoH only 24hrs ago just put out their latest revisions to the VTL process (and other changes). Of course, I've been surprised and disappointed before. I have a VTL T-48 Check-in in a few hours...will update once that time arrives.
​​​​

Last edited by bpk6h; Dec 2, 2021 at 12:06 am
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
So if all VTL flights going to Singapore are canceled/suspended tomorrow, this thread could be quite a good indication of what is happening.
don’t be so pessimistic.

I think ICA is just stopping new VTL booking from Europe n USA for December to limit the number of paxes.

Sydney, delhi, Vancouver are all available.

Last edited by sbs2716g; Dec 1, 2021 at 6:23 pm
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:25 pm

Does anyone knows if we get refund from SingaporeAir if VTL is cancelled (meaning quarantine is required in Singapore) regardless of the air fare type?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by roc83
yeah seems flights also zeroed out from munich and london.didnt wanna try all cities
The flight below on 11 January 2022 is marked as VTL and bookable - see below

Screenshot

Maybe flights are just full generally ?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:01 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Maybe flights are just full generally ?
According to the Bloomberg article - no:

Despite the social media hype and initial bookings rush, the number of people actually traveling using the city-state’s quarantine-free travel lanes is surprisingly few, according to Bloomberg calculations based on Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore data

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.