Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ 25 JFK to FRA - likely aircraft in 2022?

Old Nov 30, 2021, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

I'm debating if I want to do first vs business to FRA next year. The SingaporeAir website is claiming A380-800 in the booking portal, but is there any informed opinion out there on what will be flying this route (maybe an upgrade to the new suite? A downgrade to the 777?)?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: Alaska
unlikely. Not enough A380s to serve JFK.

There are other premium routes such as LHR/SYD requiring fewer A380s.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
I'm debating if I want to do first vs business to FRA next year. The SingaporeAir website is claiming A380-800 in the booking portal, but is there any informed opinion out there on what will be flying this route (maybe an upgrade to the new suite? A downgrade to the 777?)?
I'm curious as well. First class is not for sale/redemption from March 29-Aug 31, however it is available before and after those dates. Any insight would be much appreciated as I'm looking for an aspirational trip early summer.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
I'm seeing 77W through March for the few random dates I checked. It's too bad about the scrapping - I'd have loved to try the old A388 F product.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Starting Oct 31, SQ25 JFK-FRA-SIN is currently showing (on ExpertFlyer) as the new Suites. I think the existing SQ26, SIN-FRA-JFK, will only run FRA-JFK (according to SQ website) and SQ26 SIN-FRA will be no more, only SQ326 on the 777. This would make sense for operational rotation of the A380's needed for JFK-FRA-SIN/FRA-JFK.
BTW, there's plenty of SQ26 FRA-JFK saver award space near the schedule-open date.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:02 pm

Just released two Suites Saver, JFK-FRA-SIN, for 27 Oct 22.
brodielayne likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 54austin
Just released two Suites Saver, JFK-FRA-SIN, for 27 Oct 22.
man, those got snatched up quick, as did the Nov 7 I saw they released yesterday. When you said "just released" did you mean you cancelled a trip you had and therefor they just got released, or did you just notice it opened up?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:43 am

I'm curious about this too. SQ's schedule shows the 12F (v1/v2) A380 taking over with the start of the Summer IATA season in late March, but per Mainlymiles, all A380s remaining in the fleet should have the new v3 cabins with only 6 first class suites. (As 54austin mentioned, the 6F seat map is showing for the 2022 Winter IATA season beginning in late October.) Whether SQ decides to fly a 77W or A380 for the Summer season, they're selling too many F seats.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
I'm curious about this too. SQ's schedule shows the 12F (v1/v2) A380 taking over with the start of the Summer IATA season in late March, but per Mainlymiles, all A380s remaining in the fleet should have the new v3 cabins with only 6 first class suites. (As 54austin mentioned, the 6F seat map is showing for the 2022 Winter IATA season beginning in late October.) Whether SQ decides to fly a 77W or A380 for the Summer season, they're selling too many F seats.
as far as i can see they have zeroed all F seats on SQ25/26. So guess they have not decided yet on 77W and A359 for summer schedule and hence just have not updated the aircraft in the system - so to be on safe side they just dont allow F bookings on those flights.
I would assume they go for 77W, but then not sure how many 77W they need on other routes....
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by roc83
as far as i can see they have zeroed all F seats on SQ25/26. So guess they have not decided yet on 77W and A359 for summer schedule and hence just have not updated the aircraft in the system - so to be on safe side they just dont allow F bookings on those flights.
I would assume they go for 77W, but then not sure how many 77W they need on other routes....
I see plenty of F seats for sale from late August through end of schedule. Perhaps you're right, though, and they'll eventually zero those out as well.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 54austin
BTW, there's plenty of SQ26 FRA-JFK saver award space near the schedule-open date.
Sadly all that space is only for 1 seat (it will show like it is for 2, but if you actually go to book it you'll get waitlisted and it's only for 1). Do they ever release 2?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Sadly all that space is only for 1 seat (it will show like it is for 2, but if you actually go to book it you'll get waitlisted and it's only for 1). Do they ever release 2?
This ended up being wrong. What happened was while I was booking someone else was booking 1 seat, so it became only 1 seat available by the time I clicked the go to payment link. That guy apparently changed his plans, because I just booked 2 suites today.

Just in case it ends up staying as the new suite, I will have a lap infant and I see one side has the bassinet. Is there any benefit to the bassinet side with a baby? She's never actually used the bassinet on a plane before, preferring to interact with us.

And before people complain about bringing a baby in first, this baby has been on 12 flights so far and never cried or otherwise disturbed anybody once (in fact more than once on a night flight on deplaning the people sitting in the seats in front of us have commented they never even realized a baby was on the plane).

Last edited by flyerfirsts; Dec 10, 2021 at 1:06 pm
Old Dec 11, 2021, 7:12 am

More saver availability loaded for summer! Just grabbed two Suites saver awards!
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:11 am

man, those got snatched up quick, as did the Nov 7 I saw they released yesterday. When you said "just released" did you mean you cancelled a trip you had and therefor they just got released, or did you just notice it opened up?
Meaning I cancelled the trip and I saw they went back into Saver inventory. Sorry I was unclear!
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:51 am

Think 6 months later, we will see many posts saying that their suite award have been changed to first class on 777.
DiamondMile likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.