Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
For me both are ok - as even with the one in the SKL, I could request for it to be tuned to what I prefer, without any pushback from the server.
It's the "fun" of blanching your own ingredients and adjusting the quantity of broth just to your liking... something that one normally doesn't get to do. Plus there's no "judgement" if I wanted it protein rich with 3 hard boiled eggs, extra prawns but no fish cake, much easier to DIY.

Pre COVID, I really looked forward to early morning visits to T2 SATS Premier Lounge just to do that.
LittleBird likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Asked same question in other thread - yet not response.
Is the SKL open 24 hours?
Old May 22, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by aritrixa
Asked same question in other thread - yet not response.
Is the SKL open 24 hours?
Yes.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...es/silverkris/
Old May 22, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Thanks a lot for the info!!
Never been at SKL around 01.00 AM before, while next month I will be arriving from SQ11 and continue with SQ956 (8 hours layover)
lokijuh likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Update on Silverkris Lounge Crowding

Hey folks,

I am writing from the Silverkris lounge during a layover en route from JFK to MEL, and can report that the opening of the Gold Lounge appears to have made a substantial difference to the crowding situation - at least as of ~6:30am. The lounge is by no means empty - but there are open seats in virtually all sections, there are whole areas that are nearly vacant, and showers were immediately available. The food options were not the best I have ever seen but the staff were definitely not overwhelmed and were able to keep the different food stations stocked. The single barrista was able to handle the traffic at the coffee bar.

All in all, not the most impressive business class lounge in the world but a big step up from the previous reviews!

I will try to post again from a slightly later time before my flight.
Old May 23, 2022, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by YYZtoDCA
Hey folks,

I am writing from the Silverkris lounge during a layover en route from JFK to MEL, and can report that the opening of the Gold Lounge appears to have made a substantial difference to the crowding situation - at least as of ~6:30am. The lounge is by no means empty - but there are open seats in virtually all sections, there are whole areas that are nearly vacant, and showers were immediately available. The food options were not the best I have ever seen but the staff were definitely not overwhelmed and were able to keep the different food stations stocked. The single barrista was able to handle the traffic at the coffee bar.

All in all, not the most impressive business class lounge in the world but a big step up from the previous reviews!

Thanks for the `live' updates'!

The situation seems to be getting better.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 6:21 pm

Hey folks,

6:30 am generally isn't a busy time at the Silverkris Lounge... I've been there twice around that time in March and April. Crowds would start picking up after 7:30 am, but can imagine it's alleviated with the KFG lounge reopening.

Agree that breakfast items are kinda dismal. Particularly the laksa that somehow just doesn't taste "right" - diluted broth, apparently it's a slightly different recipe from that served at Plaza Premium Lounges.
Old May 23, 2022, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
6:30 am generally isn't a busy time at the Silverkris Lounge... I've been there twice around that time in March and April. Crowds would start picking up after 7:30 am, but can imagine it's alleviated with the KFG lounge reopening.

Agree that breakfast items are kinda dismal. Particularly the laksa that somehow just doesn't taste "right" - diluted broth, apparently it's a slightly different recipe from that served at Plaza Premium Lounges.

Interesting observations. So I swung by the lounge again 7:30am and 8:30am and it did seem quite a bit busier at these times. At 7:30, the lounge was not completely packed but there were few free seets in most sections. The atmosphere was more that of a busy CBD restaurant at lunch time rather than a relaxing lounge. Even so, the food stations were all set up and not running out. There were no lines to get into the lounge (talk about a low bar to clear...) Things quieted down a bit in the Silverkris around 8:30. Still a lot more packed than the early morning but noticeably better than 7:30.

As a data point, I went over to the Gold lounge at 8:15am or so to compare and found it substantially less busy than the Silverkris. There were plenty of open seats and a couple sections with just a few people. Maybe the food options are a step below the Silverkris lounge but the Gold had much more of a lounge atmosphere.
Old May 23, 2022, 7:28 pm

Interesting observations. So I swung by the lounge again 7:30am and 8:30am and it did seem quite a bit busier at these times.
Haha... the lounge dragons must be a tad bemused that you had liked the lounge so much that you'd swing by THRICE in a day!
Old May 23, 2022, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Haha... the lounge dragons must be a tad bemused that you had liked the lounge so much that you'd swing by THRICE in a day!

The things I do for the Flyertalk community!! 😉
Old May 23, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
As a data point, I went over to the Gold lounge at 8:15am or so to compare and found it substantially less busy than the Silverkris. There were plenty of open seats and a couple sections with just a few people. Maybe the food options are a step below the Silverkris lounge but the Gold had much more of a lounge atmosphere.
What would constitute a lounge atmosphere?
Old May 23, 2022, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by sl00001
What would constitute a lounge atmosphere?
Others can certainly differ, but what I was referring to by "lounge atmosphere" is a relaxing environment to wait between flights/refresh after a flight, with the ability to get food/drink/shower or other services with relative ease, or just sit and work in a peaceful environment. As opposed, say to a lounge where every act feels like a survival of the fittest competition with everyone else there; noise level, excessive crowding to the point where it is over capacity, inability of food/beverage/facilities offerings to meet demand.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Agreed
Old May 23, 2022, 8:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Interesting observations. So I swung by the lounge again 7:30am and 8:30am and it did seem quite a bit busier at these times. At 7:30, the lounge was not completely packed but there were few free seets in most sections. The atmosphere was more that of a busy CBD restaurant at lunch time rather than a relaxing lounge. Even so, the food stations were all set up and not running out. There were no lines to get into the lounge (talk about a low bar to clear...) Things quieted down a bit in the Silverkris around 8:30. Still a lot more packed than the early morning but noticeably better than 7:30.

The things I do for the Flyertalk community!! 😉
Will be there tonight , hopefully not a zoo 🤞🏻 , you will know , likely post when hanging out in FRA unless SKL is “ conducive “ .. Or possibly in CMN or RAK

TR too ?? Unless carried away catching up with FTers .. oh for FT luggage tag .. mine went MIA ( years ago )

Oops , should check if bags are properly tagged , first 🛫 after 2 years 4 months
livefromtuscany likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:13 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
To be honest I think SQ miscalculated the speed of travel recovery particularly in long haul travel, and also overestimated the competition, leading to basically full flights for weeks if not months on nearly all medium-long haul routes, as they dominate many markets. It is not normal for SQ to so be so full in all classes for such extended periods.

USA- No CX, no BR/CI, very limited JL/NH = SQ full

Europe/East Coast US - EK 1x daily (vs 4x daily pre pandemic), QR 10 x weekly (vs 3x daily) BA - daily 787 (vs 777 + 380) - LH/LX - probably 60% capacity, no QF to LHR, TG- no connections from their daily flight etc

Australia - QF < daily to SYD , MEL, BNE vs 2x daily (SYD/MEL) and daily (BNE), no EK service to MEL. (also reduced services to Australia on other carriers such as CX, TG even EK which compete for AU-Eau traffic putting loads onto SQ)

SE Asia - virtually no competition from TG and GA. Very limited from MH.

So this created a perfect storm for the lounge to be extremely overcrowded during construction delays.

Opening the F lounge and TPR “by the end of the month” should also provide more space as the area dedicated to F right now is opened up (and less pax also).
Ex-SIN likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.