Wiki Posts
Search

The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond

not much of a preview but at least it’s opening soon
Old May 6, 2022, 12:01 am

Was there on 05/05 evening. Felt like a flea market. Stifled and noisy. Did anyone hear a kid screaming from one end the lounge to the other? Food looked sub-par not what I used to recall. Left the lounge and went downstairs instead.
Old May 6, 2022, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Cthunder86

not much of a preview but at least it’s opening soon
Did they forget to post the actual video? I'm a bit confused what they were trying to show.

Either way, the Gold lounge opening should make a significant difference.
lsquare and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 8:11 am

https://mainlymiles.com/2022/05/06/s...llow-in-weeks/

This should release the strain on SKL....
Old May 6, 2022, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Either way, the Gold lounge opening should make a significant difference.
At last, some much welcomed respite...
Old May 6, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I'm passing through (flying J) on the 21st so hopefully it opens on time (the 20th).
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: UAPP, Marriott Platinum Premier, HHonors Diamond, HGP Diamond, FPC Premier, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sydunipete
I'm passing through (flying J) on the 21st so hopefully it opens on time (the 20th).
same!!!
sydunipete and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Mile Lion has an article about the new Gold lounge: https://milelion.com/2022/05/06/new-...pen-on-20-may/
Old May 7, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Temp F lounge champagne is currently...Taittinger Prelude
Alawyer likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Deleted.
Old May 10, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by bpk6h
Temp F lounge champagne is currently...Taittinger Prelude
And the J champagne is Piper Heidsieck Essentiel. There is only one bottle served near the laksa bar. The one near the coffee counter has been removed.
Old May 10, 2022, 10:52 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by Alawyer
And the J champagne is Piper Heidsieck Essentiel. There is only one bottle served near the laksa bar. The one near the coffee counter has been removed.
Really hope this is only temporary. Piper Rare Millesime is one of the very few perks of Solitaire now that almost everything has been cut back or no longer works properly.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by WISEMEN
. Piper Rare Millesime is one of the very few perks of Solitaire now that almost everything has been cut back or no longer works properly.
A bit dramatic, no? Other than SIN F lounge, most of the Solitaire benefits remain as is.
tth_ben likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 12:04 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by lokijuh
A bit dramatic, no? Other than SIN F lounge, most of the Solitaire benefits remain as is.
It depends on your perspective and what you value in the program. For me, many of the things I valued were unpublished. I view the current F zone in the J lounge as temporary and expect that to be resolved in the next few weeks, so no biggie there.

Without going too off-topic on this thread, a few examples that come to mind:
- A reliable call back from PPS Connect within 5 minutes - I've lost count of the number of times the system has not been available this year
- Access to excellent call centre staff in Singapore - About half of the time I've been getting inexperienced operators in Manila who can't do what I've asked
- Removal of PPS coordinators in outstations - Removed before COVID, but in conjunction with the weaker call centre, it's a massive service gap
- Priority Saver waitlist clearance - My odds this year have been 0/12, even on flights that were not sold out
- TPPS bags reliably first on the carousel ahead of other F/J bags - Something that has happened far less frequently in the last four years. It used to work pretty much flawlessly.
- The F lounge footprint is very small nowadays. Aside from LHR, SYD, MEL and HKG if it ever reopens, Solitaires are sitting in the same lounges as everyone else. Maybe aside from the Club House at JFK. In the past there was more outstation differentiation.
- Major deterioration in quality of F lounge wines/champagne - They're serving sub $20 pours in the F lounges nowadays, and not just in SIN.
- No PPS events - yes we should cut them some slack here due to COVID, but I wouldn't be surprised if these never return
Alawyer likes this.

Last edited by WISEMEN; May 11, 2022 at 12:30 am
Old May 11, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Fair points as described - at least in my book. If I were to shell out the $$$ to maintain TPP, some of those issues would bug me too (others less, but that is individual preference). As we discussed in other threads at length, I can only echo the quality of ticketing / reservations agents in call centers (even the KF ones) varying greatly and even simple tasks can throw some off.

Overall, SQ is now charging quite lofty fares these days with D or A fare buckets being gone as quickly as Saver Rewards , so if I was paying J or F fares, I would also be less inclined to continue to cut an airline "Covid" slack for much longer. YMMV.
FlyerEC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.