Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 10:24 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by tschaefer
Agree with all the above and hope someone from Singapore Airlines monitors this forum. Was there twice in the last three weeks and no room at all, waiting to get in and shower wait was at least 45 minutes.
Any idea when they will open other lounges. Wonder if it is a labour shortage or unfinished construction?
labor shortage is the bigger problem and it impacts construction, too.
Old May 3, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: Krisflyer
isn't the temp silverkris lounge supposed to be the new gold lounge?

It has to be a major manpower issue - It was already in the finished state when being used as the temp silverkris lounge so there wouldn't be much construction needed.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:27 pm

Has anyone tried complaining of being denied an acceptable lounge experience (I'd consider not being able to find a seat, thus having to sit on railings or the floor) to be reasonable ground for complaint. After all you've "paid" for lounge access through your J or F ticket, or your *A airline would've compensated SQ for its lounge use.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:08 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Has anyone tried complaining of being denied an acceptable lounge experience (I'd consider not being able to find a seat, thus having to sit on railings or the floor) to be reasonable ground for complaint. After all you've "paid" for lounge access through your J or F ticket, or your *A airline would've compensated SQ for its lounge use.
I’m yet to get an answer to my email to customer voice and social at Singapore air dot com three days ago
Old May 4, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Was there today around 8ish and yes it's uncomfortable crowded. Found a seat, but its not a lounge were i would like to spend hours...
food was prepackaged sandwiches, Juices in Tetrapacks, champagne at least taittinger.
definatly not enough toilets and to many imbeciles talking in speaker phones.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 3:14 am

I wonder whether it's more pleasant to just go to the bar, grab a Taittinger each, and leave to consume outside. And if the lounge dragon stops you, say well, there are no seats!

Too bad security scanning is at the gate, so you can't fly with it to your destination...
FlyerEC, sl00001 and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old May 4, 2022, 9:59 pm

Got a (unhelpful) reply. Effectively, a shrug!

“ For now we do not have an immediate solution to the crowding issue at our lounge as it is subject to first-come first-serve basis.”
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by legionnaire
Got a (unhelpful) reply. Effectively, a shrug!

“ For now we do not have an immediate solution to the crowding issue at our lounge as it is subject to first-come first-serve basis.”
Utterly disgraceful. People should vote with their wallets and stop taking SQ...
Old May 5, 2022, 12:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Utterly disgraceful. People should vote with their wallets and stop taking SQ...
Im taking UA - doesn’t help the issue.

KF Gold lounge should open or SQ should comp $40 to all *G if they want to thin the crowd
Old May 5, 2022, 9:11 am

People should vote with their wallets and stop taking SQ..
I missed the window to switch to a QR routing that was cheaper. I don't particularly have a need to route through SIN. At the time of booking, this was the best combination of door-door and cost.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Not really happening. Flights all over the place are full, especially in the premium cabins. Looking at business travel to New York early last month for travel in June, $6K. Looking today for travel in June $12K+. People are voting with their wallets, to fly with SQ not to avoid them. I guess, particularly if originating in SIN, people probably care more about the 18 hrs on the plane than the 1 hr in the lounge ... and I guess we all get this is temporary. Unfortunately nowhere near as temporary as it was meant to be.

But there is the element of "cannot" in all of this too, and an expected lack of problem solving by SQ.
Old May 5, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by legionnaire
I missed the window to switch to a QR routing that was cheaper. I don't particularly have a need to route through SIN. At the time of booking, this was the best combination of door-door and cost.
I love SQ but all these recent reports have me having second thoughts. Hope they get their act together over the next few months...

Really wanted to try QR this time around but they want over 17,000 per person... was able to book all three of us in J on SQ for less than that.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh
But there is the element of "cannot" in all of this too, and an expected lack of problem solving by SQ.
Thinking outside the box is simple. Move people to other lounges. Give away picnic bags for people turned away. Allow people to select Changi vouchers at the time of check in - so they can go visit the shops before boarding, and skip the lounge. Bonus Krisflyer miles or Krisshop credit in lieu of lounge access during this period.

Yes all these have a cost element to them, but surely if SQ can charge double the fares, they'd have plenty of buffer to give a say S$30-50 compensation per passenger.

Just don't ingratiate passengers even more by saying "we don't have a solution to the over crowding situation, because lounge access is first come first served anyway". Where does it say so? In fact every marketing spiel they have for Business and First says "relax in our lounges before you fly". As does publicity for KFEG and *A Gold.

Renovation delays and staff crunches may be unforeseen. But the ability to manage the situation is not.
Old May 5, 2022, 6:26 pm

Programs: Alaska
SQ is still a money-losing business. Sure why not ask for more money which SQ does not have!

I am SQ shareholder.
Old May 5, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Do any of the Priority Pass lounges have showers? I would love to freshen up after a day in town before my late night long-haul flight, but having experienced the zoo described in this thread on the outbound a few weeks ago, I am not inclined to return there - not to mention that I wouldn't expect any showers to be available at ~10.30pm....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.