Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer

The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

Old Apr 28, 22, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Any news on when the KF lounge will open?

And resumption of T2/T1 operations? Seems like the demand is coming back much faster than capacity is planning for

I am hoping to sample the new T3 SKL in July, preferably as a Biz class premium lounge, not as a zoo
Old Apr 28, 22, 8:22 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS
Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post
Any news on when the KF lounge will open?

And resumption of T2/T1 operations? Seems like the demand is coming back much faster than capacity is planning for

I am hoping to sample the new T3 SKL in July, preferably as a Biz class premium lounge, not as a zoo
I don't have any specific news on the lounge openings but I have seen a couple articles regarding Changi's challenges as passenger numbers rise. Issue seems to be mostly manpower shortages.

​​​​​​(Behind paywall):
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/tra...er-constraints

(Related to the long weekend):
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-airport-group
uastarflyer and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old Apr 28, 22, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by demue View Post
Heard SQ even sending overflow to SATS Premier lounge or such if needed.
This is true. After emerging from the shower and not being able to find a seat, I was offered to be moved to the SATS Premier Lounge next door. However, in view that this would have been charged by SATS to SQ I declined and waited for a free seat in the SKL.

​​​
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Apr 30, 22, 10:51 pm

Lounge was awful yesterday morning 7am. As we arrived the queue to get in was almost up to the SATS lounge entrance and several passengers had taken to sitting/lying on the floor here. As we got nearer a very angry passenger came out of the lounge and told the queue “don’t bother waiting, there’s nowhere to sit in there”. We did bother waiting but it really wasn’t worth it. Couldn’t find two seats together, many of the seats had people lying across them, others were sitting on the floor. Then I queued for over 15 minutes for a “breakfast set”. The wait was because they constantly ran out of items which seemed to take an age to be replaced and held the whole queue up. Self serve drink stations were also running out. Staff seemed very stressed and were just not coping; it felt almost like it was a total surprise to them that they were busy, and the atmosphere felt one of stress and bad temper all round. Obviously it’s not the fault of the staff, who were taking a lot of flack from angry passengers, but management really need to speed up the reopening plans for other lounges and ease the pressure here. The whole experience had no premium feel about it; in fact we’d probably have had a more premium experience if they’d just given us a voucher for Burger King instead.

On the bright side our flight to London was among the best I’ve ever taken.
Cryofern likes this.
Old May 1, 22, 1:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Still seems to be a cost cutting measure at this point.. hopefully it improves soon.
Old May 1, 22, 1:36 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
If they really want to they could reopen T2 lounge. Shuttlebus plus security is all that is required given rest of T2 is closed.
Old May 1, 22, 3:38 am

Programs: Alaska
There arent enough staff so they will not open more lounges without staff.

the shortage of staff in Singapore is very bad in almost all industries.
bpk6h likes this.
Old May 1, 22, 3:47 am

Shocked that for what is a premium experience, people have taken to sitting on the floor of the lounge?!
Old May 1, 22, 3:59 am

Is SATS Premier also bursting with full capacity?
Old May 1, 22, 1:32 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
I am arriving at 0600 with my flight out at 0930 SIN time. Looks like that is the peak hour in the *new* SKL in T3?
I recall 2 years ago, the SATS Premier Lounge was just as packed.
Is the pre-security Jewel Priority Pass Lounge any less crowded? (Since I have 3 hrs, I figured I'd chance clearing immigration - going there and coming back in). (I see a thread asking questions on Jewel, I'll wait for responses on that)

Last edited by legionnaire; May 1, 22 at 7:01 pm
Old May 2, 22, 5:58 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by legionnaire View Post
I am arriving at 0600 with my flight out at 0930 SIN time. Looks like that is the peak hour in the *new* SKL in T3?
I recall 2 years ago, the SATS Premier Lounge was just as packed.
Is the pre-security Jewel Priority Pass Lounge any less crowded? (Since I have 3 hrs, I figured I'd chance clearing immigration - going there and coming back in). (I see a thread asking questions on Jewel, I'll wait for responses on that)
I'd say equal peak hour with the bank of late night flights. I arrived from FRA yesterday morning and it was definitely at full capacity and frankly unpleasant. My connecting flight to MEL left around 11.30 am and the lounge was ok from about 10 am. Wait time for a shower was about 40 mins when I arrived. Couldn't get a seat after my shower so went out to the terminal and back to the lounge around 10 am.
Old May 2, 22, 9:53 am
jxd

Programs: HHonors gold
Currently at the silverkris lounge. Like previous comments, the lounge is at capacity. Tables were dirty and not cleared even after 15-20 minutes. Pretty ridiculous, especially for SQ's flagship lounge

Edit: lounge is back to self serve buffet.

Last edited by jxd; May 2, 22 at 10:18 am
Old May 2, 22, 10:35 am

Programs: Alaska
one way is to kick all *A gold out. maybe it will be slightly better.
Old May 2, 22, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
one way is to kick all *A gold out. maybe it will be slightly better.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

They need to open the KF lounge first
Old May 2, 22, 7:54 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand, Qantas, Vietnam Airlines
Sub-standard lounge

Agree with all the above and hope someone from Singapore Airlines monitors this forum. Was there twice in the last three weeks and no room at all, waiting to get in and shower wait was at least 45 minutes.
Any idea when they will open other lounges. Wonder if it is a labour shortage or unfinished construction?

Search this Thread