Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:16 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
chad75 : currently yoyoing internet but will post a drawing of the lounge layout when the lads have finished downloading their latest games
chad75 and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
have you considered asking one of the staff on duty? :d
🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Location "snooze room" SKL t3

chad75 : the entrance to the snooze room is totally obscure by 2x unassuming grey/brownish doors on the total left end of the SKL Business Class lounge T3.... Almost as if it is a secret hidding place!

You can only open the door by tapping the sensor....
or have a stakeout and see where there is 1 way traffic and people start dissapearing and re-emerging later looking "hopefully" wellrested.

Jokes aside, the lads have finally finished downloading, so here's my scribble of the SKL T3 Business Class Lounge lay out, showing the snooze room location:

Rethink the SKL Business lounge T3 shaped like a T-symbol, Snooze room is in the utter left-down part of T,
hidden behind 2x sliding grey opaque doors which can only be opened by hitting the sensor switch
If you see a wall with on each side (left and right) a grey/ brownish plain door than you have find the snooze room entrance
Alawyer, kevino, chad75 and 6 others like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 17, 2022 at 5:57 pm
Old Aug 17, 2022, 6:03 pm

Talking Gotcha: Snooze Room entry door

Tadaa, found it:
A visual clue

There are two of these doors: let's hope we don't wake sleeping beauty

I agree the "Green Exit" sign doesn't make it to obvious right?
kevino, lsquare and nilsfr69 like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 17, 2022 at 6:13 pm
Old Aug 17, 2022, 6:49 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by HadesNL
chad75 : the entrance to the snooze room is totally obscure by 2x unassuming grey/brownish doors on the total left end of the SKL Business Class lounge T3.... Almost as if it is a secret hidding place!

You can only open the door by tapping the sensor....
or have a stakeout and see where there is 1 way traffic and people start dissapearing and re-emerging later looking "hopefully" wellrested.

Jokes aside, the lads have finally finished downloading, so here's my scribble of the SKL T3 Business Class Lounge lay out, showing the snooze room location:

Rethink the SKL Business lounge T3 shaped like a T-symbol, Snooze room is in the utter left-down part of T,
hidden behind 2x sliding grey opaque doors which can only be opened by hitting the sensor switch
If you see a wall with on each side (left and right) a grey/ brownish plain door than you have find the snooze room entrance
You should licence and sell that diagram to SQ! I had seen that door, but from a distance, so had fallen victim to the sneaky trick of disguising it as an exit!

Have you considered asking one of the staff on duty?

They always look so harried I didn't want to disturb them!
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:08 pm

I agree the "Green Exit" sign doesn't make it to obvious right?
Faceslam reaction - exit from awakeland to slumberland?

Not sure if you can even "blame" Singlish for this...
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:12 pm

...here's my scribble of the SKL T3 Business Class Lounge lay out, showing the snooze room location:
Believe this is the first and only hand-drawn artefact of the SKL map on the Internet. You should NFT this... might be a Banksy some day!
lsquare, HadesNL and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:22 am

Wink

chad75 & carrotjuice : thanks for the compliments
For the more senile prone like me, it helps to draw a map to keep the little brain cells active!
Just like Hercule Poirot, one needs to use deduction to discover the tricks and secrets of the SKL.

I bet this was done deliberate to minimize foot traffic so it won't be overrun....
and to keep watch that no one exceeds their stay or does some hanky panky!
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:44 am

Believe this is the first and only hand-drawn artefact of the SKL map on the Internet. You should NFT this... might be a Banksy some day!
Especially with the Donald Duck comic strip below, this is a very rare item to be found

Even when I've been to the lounge, the map is better than having been there
HadesNL and Cryofern like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Especially with the Donald Duck comic strip below, this is a very rare item to be found

Even when I've been to the lounge, the map is better than having been there
Thank you !

We live in an all male geekish household,
So besides the Financial Times we read Donald Duck to not get depressed about our BitCoins and uranium mine investments ( or the dillema should i go for NFT instead? )
I didn't even realize it was the summer holiday edition !
But it shows even mr. D. Duck endorsing a relaxing vaction
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:39 pm

By "wallflowers"... you're referring to the wall artwork, and not the lounge dragons - right?
sl00001 and Cryofern like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:47 pm

Don't let the old drakes roast you alive!

The big board that gives you seizures by its moving display and
you feel the air change as you feel the heat that thing generates in output!
Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:50 pm

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Pies1311
You should be fine for a 6.40pm flight. The lounge only gets packed from around 9pm when all the flights to Europe leave late evening.
So it sounds like the SK lounge population might be reasonable from 7 pm to 9 pm? Alternatively, if we really need a shower and have to go the Priority Pass route, is there a consensus on which of those "lounges" might be best: Marhaba, Ambassador or STS?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by HariOm
So it sounds like the SK lounge population might be reasonable from 7 pm to 9 pm? Alternatively, if we really need a shower and have to go the Priority Pass route, is there a consensus on which of those "lounges" might be best: Marhaba, Ambassador or STS?
I visited the lounge in the beginning of November around 7pm and it was still full of guests, it was hard to find a seat. It eventually became more quiet around 7:30pm though. I asked for shower and was told the next slot is at 9:30pm so I went to the SK lounge in Terminal 2 where there was no wait and more tranquility

As lsquare wrote, T2 is not really a short walk from T3.
HariOm likes this.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Nov 25, 2022 at 11:36 am
Old Nov 25, 2022, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
I visited the lounge in the beginning of November around 7pm and it was still full of guests, it was hard to find a seat. It eventually became more quiet around 7:30pm though. I asked for shower and was told the next slot is at 9:30pm so I went to the SK lounge in Terminal 2 where there was no wait and more tranquility
It's not exactly a short walk...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.