Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer

The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

Old Aug 17, 22, 6:16 pm
  #151  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Posts: 1,707
chad75 : currently yoyoing internet but will post a drawing of the lounge layout when the lads have finished downloading their latest games
chad75 and lsquare like this.
HadesNL is offline  
Old Aug 17, 22, 6:29 pm
  #152  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 13,416
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
have you considered asking one of the staff on duty? :d
🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 17, 22, 6:40 pm
  #153  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Posts: 1,707
Location "snooze room" SKL t3

chad75 : the entrance to the snooze room is totally obscure by 2x unassuming grey/brownish doors on the total left end of the SKL Business Class lounge T3.... Almost as if it is a secret hidding place!

You can only open the door by tapping the sensor....
or have a stakeout and see where there is 1 way traffic and people start dissapearing and re-emerging later looking "hopefully" wellrested.

Jokes aside, the lads have finally finished downloading, so here's my scribble of the SKL T3 Business Class Lounge lay out, showing the snooze room location:




Rethink the SKL Business lounge T3 shaped like a T-symbol, Snooze room is in the utter left-down part of T,
hidden behind 2x sliding grey opaque doors which can only be opened by hitting the sensor switch
If you see a wall with on each side (left and right) a grey/ brownish plain door than you have find the snooze room entrance
Alawyer, kevino, chad75 and 6 others like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 17, 22 at 6:57 pm
HadesNL is offline  
Old Aug 17, 22, 7:03 pm
  #154  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Posts: 1,707
Talking Gotcha: Snooze Room entry door

Tadaa, found it:
A visual clue


There are two of these doors: let's hope we don't wake sleeping beauty

I agree the "Green Exit" sign doesn't make it to obvious right?
kevino, lsquare and nilsfr69 like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 17, 22 at 7:13 pm
HadesNL is offline  
Old Aug 17, 22, 7:49 pm
  #155  
Marriott 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: MEL
Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Posts: 1,526
Originally Posted by HadesNL View Post
chad75 : the entrance to the snooze room is totally obscure by 2x unassuming grey/brownish doors on the total left end of the SKL Business Class lounge T3.... Almost as if it is a secret hidding place!

You can only open the door by tapping the sensor....
or have a stakeout and see where there is 1 way traffic and people start dissapearing and re-emerging later looking "hopefully" wellrested.

Jokes aside, the lads have finally finished downloading, so here's my scribble of the SKL T3 Business Class Lounge lay out, showing the snooze room location:



Rethink the SKL Business lounge T3 shaped like a T-symbol, Snooze room is in the utter left-down part of T,
hidden behind 2x sliding grey opaque doors which can only be opened by hitting the sensor switch
If you see a wall with on each side (left and right) a grey/ brownish plain door than you have find the snooze room entrance
You should licence and sell that diagram to SQ! I had seen that door, but from a distance, so had fallen victim to the sneaky trick of disguising it as an exit!

Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Have you considered asking one of the staff on duty?


They always look so harried I didn't want to disturb them!
HadesNL likes this.
chad75 is offline  
Old Aug 17, 22, 9:08 pm
  #156  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 5,835
Originally Posted by HadesNL View Post
I agree the "Green Exit" sign doesn't make it to obvious right?
Faceslam reaction - exit from awakeland to slumberland?

Not sure if you can even "blame" Singlish for this...
HadesNL likes this.
carrotjuice is online now  
Old Aug 17, 22, 9:12 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 5,835
Originally Posted by HadesNL View Post
...here's my scribble of the SKL T3 Business Class Lounge lay out, showing the snooze room location:
Believe this is the first and only hand-drawn artefact of the SKL map on the Internet. You should NFT this... might be a Banksy some day!
lsquare, HadesNL and nilsfr69 like this.
carrotjuice is online now  
Old Aug 18, 22, 4:22 am
  #158  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Posts: 1,707
Wink

chad75 & carrotjuice : thanks for the compliments
For the more senile prone like me, it helps to draw a map to keep the little brain cells active!
Just like Hercule Poirot, one needs to use deduction to discover the tricks and secrets of the SKL.

I bet this was done deliberate to minimize foot traffic so it won't be overrun....
and to keep watch that no one exceeds their stay or does some hanky panky!
HadesNL is offline  
Old Aug 18, 22, 9:44 am
  #159  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Believe this is the first and only hand-drawn artefact of the SKL map on the Internet. You should NFT this... might be a Banksy some day!
Especially with the Donald Duck comic strip below, this is a very rare item to be found

Even when I've been to the lounge, the map is better than having been there
HadesNL and Cryofern like this.
YuropFlyer is offline  
Old Aug 19, 22, 2:06 pm
  #160  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Posts: 1,707
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Especially with the Donald Duck comic strip below, this is a very rare item to be found

Even when I've been to the lounge, the map is better than having been there
Thank you !

We live in an all male geekish household,
So besides the Financial Times we read Donald Duck to not get depressed about our BitCoins and uranium mine investments ( or the dillema should i go for NFT instead? )
I didn't even realize it was the summer holiday edition !
But it shows even mr. D. Duck endorsing a relaxing vaction
HadesNL is offline  
Old Aug 19, 22, 5:39 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 5,835
By "wallflowers"... you're referring to the wall artwork, and not the lounge dragons - right?
sl00001 and Cryofern like this.
carrotjuice is online now  
Old Aug 19, 22, 5:47 pm
  #162  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Posts: 1,707
Don't let the old drakes roast you alive!


The big board that gives you seizures by its moving display and
you feel the air change as you feel the heat that thing generates in output!
HadesNL is offline  
Old Nov 23, 22, 9:50 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Here
Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
Posts: 111
Originally Posted by Pies1311 View Post
You should be fine for a 6.40pm flight. The lounge only gets packed from around 9pm when all the flights to Europe leave late evening.
So it sounds like the SK lounge population might be reasonable from 7 pm to 9 pm? Alternatively, if we really need a shower and have to go the Priority Pass route, is there a consensus on which of those "lounges" might be best: Marhaba, Ambassador or STS?
HariOm is offline  
Old Nov 25, 22, 3:02 am
  #164  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold
Posts: 780
Originally Posted by HariOm View Post
So it sounds like the SK lounge population might be reasonable from 7 pm to 9 pm? Alternatively, if we really need a shower and have to go the Priority Pass route, is there a consensus on which of those "lounges" might be best: Marhaba, Ambassador or STS?
I visited the lounge in the beginning of November around 7pm and it was still full of guests, it was hard to find a seat. It eventually became more quiet around 7:30pm though. I asked for shower and was told the next slot is at 9:30pm so I went to the SK lounge in Terminal 2 where there was no wait and more tranquility

As lsquare wrote, T2 is not really a short walk from T3.
HariOm likes this.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Nov 25, 22 at 12:36 pm
thefilipinotraveler is offline  
Old Nov 25, 22, 6:51 am
  #165  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 13,416
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler View Post
I visited the lounge in the beginning of November around 7pm and it was still full of guests, it was hard to find a seat. It eventually became more quiet around 7:30pm though. I asked for shower and was told the next slot is at 9:30pm so I went to the SK lounge in Terminal 2 where there was no wait and more tranquility
It's not exactly a short walk...
lsquare is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread