The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

Old Aug 1, 22, 12:19 am

Used the lounge last Saturday evening. Not very impressed. Lounge was 110% full (meaning, people standing due to lack of seats)

Food was ok, but nothing I'd arrive earlier at the airport to enjoy. Maybe it's just memories, but even the SilverKris lounge in T2 had better choices in the past.

Luckily I had dinner in the city beforehand. Bar service was good, but the poor guy was overwhelmed. Not much choice in regards to wine (I heard people complained, I didn't had any)

The "no food" side (turning right on entrance) was slightly less crowded than the food side.

Still - with SIN at just above 50% capacity (see newest StraitTimes article), the lounge is already overcrowded. Sure, this is without T2 operating, but T3 being the "flagship" lounge, it should be bigger.

The Merhaba lounge I had access flying TK in T1 was much worse in anything but free seats, though.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 1, 22, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Used the lounge last Saturday evening. Not very impressed. Lounge was 110% full (meaning, people standing due to lack of seats)
What time were you there? Some in the thread note it is packed in the morning (clearing out around 10 am) and then is packed in the evening. Not sure what the afternoon is like (my upcoming SIN-SFO flight is 6:40 pm, so trying to figure out what the lounge experience will be like...)
Old Aug 1, 22, 9:50 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, Air NZ Gold. QF Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by lancelot21 View Post
What time were you there? Some in the thread note it is packed in the morning (clearing out around 10 am) and then is packed in the evening. Not sure what the afternoon is like (my upcoming SIN-SFO flight is 6:40 pm, so trying to figure out what the lounge experience will be like...)
You should be fine for a 6.40pm flight. The lounge only gets packed from around 9pm when all the flights to Europe leave late evening.
lancelot21 and HadesNL like this.
Old Aug 2, 22, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by lancelot21 View Post
Similar to what Pies1311 reported, I arrived there around 9.30pm (and left about 30min later, too much of a Zoo even with Champagne) when it was super packed.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 5, 22, 2:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Update Wed 3 Aug 2022 at 16.30 photo essay SilverKris Business Class lounge

This was the actual situation of the SilverKris business class lounge on wednesday 3 August 2022 at 16.30.

We as a family arrived from DPS at 15,50 in transit for our evening flight to AMS/ LHR.
We had read reports about the evening bank of departures turning the lounges into a zoo.
That's why we first checked into the transit hotel and then took our meals in the lounge at 16.30H before the evening rush hour.
We returned back to the transit hotel afterwards to rest at 18.30 H and had thus evaded the masses at the lounge.

Entry into the lounge: some passengers camping out

What follows now are all pictures taken of the space left of the main entrance

We start with the uttermost left space of the lounge and work our way towards the main entrance and finally have a look at the spaces at the right of the main entrance. Envision the lounge shaped like a T-symbol

We start with what most people have high expectations of:

The snooze room

More a cradle seat to snooze

Close proximity of seats

Poweroutlets in snooze room

A sliding door keeps the snooze room free of noise and light

Seating close to snooze room

Not to busy

Wifi: bit klunky though

Buffet: water

Buffet: wines

Buffet: adult beverages

Buffet: champers

Buffet: drinks

The buffet

OMG: tastes like the real thing : keeps teens happy

Buffet: fried chicken

Buffet: indian bread

Buffet: a lot of choice

Coffeemachine

Not busy at 16.30 afternoon

More seating area

Nibbles

TWG tea flavours

Extra seating

Extra seating left

Extra seating right

Not to busy

Live station

Fruits

Sweets

Sandwiches

Departures board: interesting GA being mentioned and indeed no mention at all of TR due to access rules!

Breitling focus

Fancy Schmanzy!

Service counters

Main entrance

Now we go to the area right of the main entrance:
(right side of the T-layout)

Right of the main entrance

Notice for the bar

Adult beverages

Mixes

And more

Buffet counter right of main entrance

Seating area open to main terminal

Empty buffet right of main entrance

Productivity pods

Seating right of main entrance opens to terminal bustle

Bonus: the shower rooms are next to the service desks and available on a first come first serve basis. If needed to wait you will be notified by dispatchment buzzer.

Shower room complete with toilet

Do i read this clear......

OMG: Japanese washlets !

Amenities in bathroom

Also in mind for the lady traveller

Sink area

Rainforest + handheld shower

As reported by Milelion and on FT: non descript soap & rinse

Showerrooms felt a bit stuffy or maybe i was imagining things...

When we departed the lounge around 18.30H it started to get busy with new arrivals starting to pour in

Hope this is informative for many upcoming travellers !

PS: for more info on the transit hotel T3 please read:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34489060-post1526.html
scroll down to the middle of that post where i posted pictures of the Transit hotel twin rooms

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 5, 22 at 2:40 pm
Old Aug 5, 22, 7:37 pm

Thanks for the photo report.
HadesNL and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Aug 5, 22, 10:43 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
glob99 : always happy to help inform the community.
If it weren't for the warnings posted on FT: we could have also wandered around the lounge aimlessly looking around for free seats in the evening
It really depends on the time of day to avoid the gloom!

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 6, 22 at 11:54 pm
Old Aug 6, 22, 12:30 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (22), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HadesNL View Post
glob99 : always happy to help inform the community.
If it weren't for the warnings posted on FT: we could have also wandered around the lounge aimlessly looking around for free seats.
It really depends on the time of day !
It's really great to see actual photos from the perspective of a traveller, and not just the press ones. The natural light is a huge plus point for me - I find both the F lounge and Private Room way too dark for my liking. I've got a few flights over the next month so will have my meals in the Private Room and then grab some drinks and head over to chill in the Business Lounge, if it's not too busy.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 6, 22, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by itadakimasu View Post
It's really great to see actual photos from the perspective of a traveller, and not just the press ones. The natural light is a huge plus point for me - .
Thank you very much for your praise!
Always glad to inform via visuals!
as the wiseman said that words are as strong as swords but visuals stick to remember

if you prefer the natural light then the right side of the business class lounge is the better place to be
itadakimasu likes this.
Old Aug 6, 22, 12:58 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
I have never visited the lounge in daytime and it looks totally different. The old lounge was 24/7 the same and maybe therefore more "consistent" in terms of atmosphere.
The TPR is in my opinion a failure compared to the old one and some other F lounges of other airlines. The low ceiling and lack of natural light makes it not a pleasant time to spend your time.
FlyerEC and HadesNL like this.
Old Aug 6, 22, 8:26 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Quick report from SilverKris this morning (Sat) from ~7:30am to 8:30am. Lounge was pretty packed and we had to roam a bit to get a seat. Managed to get seats in the former "F lounge area" used prior to new F & TPR lounges opening. Overall probably 90+% full, bit no queues that we could see.

Didn't try the hot food, but had one for those Egg Mayo sandwiches that can be seen when zooming in on HadesNL picture of the sandwich display in his post above. Not bad at all.

Had a cappuccino from the barista and it was decent enough (beans are Segafredo) and wait was only around 5mins. Could have been a bit hotter, but hey, they try. Washed things down with a glass of champagne and a Perrier for hydration and overall, despite the almost full lounge, it was still a pretty decent and pleasant experience.

Love the Toto toilets as well and while one can argue about design choices and such, I would say SQ definitely didn't cheap out on the lounge. It was good overall for us.
Singapore_Air and HadesNL like this.
Old Aug 6, 22, 11:58 pm

demue : glad you managed to get some seats
did you notice that most passengers cluster around the buffet for seating while further down the lounge there were more open spaces?

surprisingly the SQ sandwiches are quite ok unlike the stale crap in KL's AMS crowne lounge
demue likes this.
Old Aug 14, 22, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I was at this lounge back in May and before SQ opened their new lounge for *G users. It was absolutely jam-packed and very difficult to find a seat. I briefly tried out some of the hot food including the Laksa.
FlyerEC and HadesNL like this.
Old Aug 17, 22, 3:15 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
I have had over half a dozen or so visits to this lounge since it re-opened but for the life of me have no idea where the sleeping pods are. Looking at HadesNL's excellent photos it looks like the entrance is somewhere near the seating area past the main Buffett/Temporary "F Lounge" entrance? So if I'm walking from the dining area towards the adjacent seating area by the windows - where do I go from there?
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 17, 22, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by chad75 View Post
I have had over half a dozen or so visits to this lounge since it re-opened but for the life of me have no idea where the sleeping pods are. Looking at HadesNL's excellent photos it looks like the entrance is somewhere near the seating area past the main Buffett/Temporary "F Lounge" entrance? So if I'm walking from the dining area towards the adjacent seating area by the windows - where do I go from there?
Have you considered asking one of the staff on duty?
THR and lsquare like this.

Search this Thread