Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Obtaining SMART Health Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by dkerr
Yes, this does seem to be the best approach. We both got boosters at CVS but two weeks has not passed yet and the CVS website says that there is no SMART health card available yet. It will be interesting to see if they will issue one when they only provided the booster and not the first two doses. I'll update here if I get anything from them.
I understand Singapore is happy with a single J&J vaccine, so if your booster was a J&J vaccine, digital SHC of that last J&J booster itself may be sufficient, although it would be interesting to see if CVC manages to pick up the previous 2 shots as well.

Did you go for the same booster as your earlier two shots? I know some people are hesitant to go from Pfizer/Pfizer or Moderna/Moderna to a J&J booster, given no one has a clear idea about the science and after effects now or later

Last edited by SingaporeDon; Nov 9, 2021 at 7:57 am
Old Nov 9, 2021, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
I understand Singapore is happy with a single J&J vaccine, so if your booster was a J&J vaccine, digital SHC of that last J&J booster itself may be sufficient, although it would be interesting to see if CVC manages to pick up the previous 2 shots as well.

Did you go for the same booster as your earlier two shots? I know some people are hesitant to get go from Pfize/Pfizer or Modena/Moderna to a J&J booster, given no one has a clear idea about the science and after effects now or later
Moderna for dose 1 & 2, Pfizer for the booster. In all cases because that is what they had. I would happily have got the J&J as a booster if they had that.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 5:15 am

Latest update

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sing...NbAY2wL_33_1rU
bpk6h likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by sbs2716g

i wonder if vaccinecheck will be approved again after the 27 Oct disapproval by Singapore.

“Ms Tan said that the CAAS is onboarding third-party issuers that check and verify the vaccination records submitted by their users, for example, with state vaccination registries.”

otherwise “They can also use their physical vaccination record and a letter signed by their vaccination provider to attest to their vaccination status. The letter should contain the traveller’s details and details about the vaccination” may be difficult for pax to get if the vaccine was administered at a FEMA CVC or pop up camps administered by Federal or state governments or at 2 different places

Don’t understand why Singapore can’t accept a CDC issued Covid 19 vaccine certificate even if is unsigned?

Last edited by SingaporeDon; Nov 13, 2021 at 6:58 am
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon

Don’t understand why Singapore can’t accept a CDC issued Covid 19 vaccine certificate even if is unsigned?
Did CDC issue COVID-19 vaccine certificates? I thought CDC just printed and distributed some cards and that's about it.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
Did CDC issue COVID-19 vaccine certificates? I thought CDC just printed and distributed some cards and that's about it.
DS got one with manufacturer, lot #, date and place of vaccination but may be that was because he got his at a FEMA CVC in Maryland just outside DC
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes issued in blank. Most of them are filled in by hand.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by KL808
So for those living in California, here are the easy steps to obtain the SMART QR code
For those who were vaccinated in California. Big difference.

I was vaccinated in AZ (months earlier than I could have been in CA). I'll probably get a J&J booster in California so I can get a Smart QR.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by KL808
So for those living in California, here are the easy steps to obtain the SMART QR code

1.) Go visit this site : https://myturn.ca.gov/

2.) Click Covid and Scroll down to "DIGITAL COVID 19 VACCINE RECORD" and click it.

3.) Enter your info

4.) DONE - a QR code will be sent via text or email.

**This can be done in less than 3 minutes**
A fourth minute could be having the Smart Health Card Verifier app scan the QR code?
Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

If you made your appointments through the CDC VAMS (Vaccine Administration Management System) then there is a record at that web site and you can download a PDF. It comes with a QR code, but it is not SMART Health card compatible. VAMS is linked to your state Department of Public Health, in my case Connecticut. Any updates to VAMS are mirrored into the state record. For CT you can download a PDF but it does not include any QR code.

Note all states used VAMS, some used their own appointment system. In that case, or if you get a vaccine dose from somewhere like CVS, Walmart, etc. they do not use VAMS so there is no record of that at the CDC, but they are very likely to be required by law to send the information to your state's Department of Public Health. That is certainly the case in CT.

DAK
Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Well, that sounds like progress. I'm pleased to see that they list Connecticut as being in testing phase as that is where I live. While I lucked out on a SMART Health card for myself, I'm still working on my wife. Our trip is not until January so it is starting to feel like by then things will be a lot easier.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by dkerr
Well, that sounds like progress. I'm pleased to see that they list Connecticut as being in testing phase as that is where I live. While I lucked out on a SMART Health card for myself, I'm still working on my wife. Our trip is not until January so it is starting to feel like by then things will be a lot easier.

This is what is acceptable if you were vaccinated on USA
“^If your vaccination record was issued in the US but you are unable to produce a digitally verifiable vaccination certificate, you can provide either

(a) your digital vaccination record retrieved through your state’s or local health authority’s public health database, or ( QUESTION WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY DIGITAL? WHAT IF YOUR STATE OR LHA does need to have a public health database but has one which is not digital? )

(b) your physical vaccination records and a letter signed by your vaccination provider to attest to your vaccination status; the attestation letter should contain: ( MOST CDC ISSUED CERTIFICATES ARE NOT SIGNED, May be other issuers HAND WRITE OR GIVE PRINTED CERTIFICATE BUT DONT SIGN IT!)
  1. your name and at least one other personal identifier such as the date of birth or passport number corresponding exactly with the information in your passport used for entry into Singapore;
  2. the name of the vaccine administered for each dose; and
  3. the date when each dose was administered.”

As noted in CAPITALS by me above will no doubt help done but not all cases with problems getting even newly relaxed guideline Vaccine Certificates

Wonder if VaccineCheck issued certificates will be accepted now ?

Last edited by SingaporeDon; Nov 16, 2021 at 7:51 pm
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
(b) - If you have no luck with getting a QR code at all - Maybe you can get your doctor to sign a letter saying you're vaccinated, with the information requested. I guess doc could word it something like "As per vaccination record / CDC card, patient XXX was vaccinated....".

Don't need to argue with the requirement. Just find a way to fulfill the requirement; hopefully without taking an otherwise pointless JnJ dose.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by pWei
(b) - If you have no luck with getting a QR code at all - Maybe you can get your doctor to sign a letter saying you're vaccinated, with the information requested. I guess doc could word it something like "As per vaccination record / CDC card, patient XXX was vaccinated....".

Don't need to argue with the requirement. Just find a way to fulfill the requirement; hopefully without taking an otherwise pointless JnJ dose.
Not arguing with the requirements but just pointing out that given terms are not clearly defined and subject to varying interpretations ( "signed", meaning signed by any doctor, as you seem to suggest or only by the provider who gave you the vaccination, and what if you got your 2 doses in two different places/states?) it will create more confusion

By way of example, a friend who is a PR had the following experience checking into a Scoot VTL flight at Berlin
1) checking in Agent insisted he needs a VTP, and made him apply for one on the spot and pay for a Changi PCR test when as a PR he does not require VTP
2) Same checking in agent refusing to accept his US issued SHC, although in his case it was digitally issued with QR code. What is to stop an enthusiastic checking in agent not allowing you to board a VTL flight to Singapore as "your vaccine certificate is not exactly as per the new revised, (but loosely defined) wording of what is acceptable
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Might getting an EU Digital Vaccine card be the easiest solution? I got one online from Switzerland based on my U.S. CDC Vaccination Card. Depending on which option you select, there may be a processing fee. https://covidcertificate-form.admin.ch/foreign
Kacee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.