Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines launches seasonal flights to Vancouver, first to Canada since 2009

Singapore Airlines launches seasonal flights to Vancouver, first to Canada since 2009

Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, VA, EY, QR, CX
Go in with lower expecations and you'll be pleased. still a good hard product (minus the catering problems) with a disappointing soft product atm
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by tobegold
How many meal services are there on this route? I have SEA-SIN booked in J, a 16 hr 10 minute flight, 2 meal services seems too little for that length. SQ website has no details.
Originally Posted by LeaderShip345
I tend to agree that 2 meals is too few. The duration between the first and second meal is something like 8 hours. Same for the return.
Two main meals is the most you'll get wherever you go. Even the 18:50 JFK-SIN gets two. Having three full meal services would be far too disruptive to those trying to get any rest.

What they could use is a more substantial snack/light bites menu. When I last flew YVR-SIN some time ago, the only non-instant, non-packaged option was the la mian...
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Am I I the odd one out? Typically at home over the course of 24 hrs I would eat a main meal, a light meal and a light breakfast. In a given 16 hr period I would not eat more than 2 main meals. I did the 15 hr journey SIN-SFO recently and the 2 main meals and 1 refreshment was more than enough, and came off the flight feeling that I'd overeaten.
bescobar and bpk6h like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:05 pm

I guess the real problem for me is the meal timing and lack of upfront communication to pax on when meals would be served. Example, SQ 28 departs SIN at 9am and arrives SEA at 8:45am. The first meal (breakfast) is around 10am. The next meal was served at 7pm SGT / 4am PDT. I would much rather have had the second meal at 4-5pm SGT / 1am PDT and slept the rest of the flight leaving me refreshed upon landing at 8:45am. Furthermore, if I hadn't asked the FA when the meals would be served, I might have been naively waiting for a meal service for a long time rather than proactively ordering a snack.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Just flew this route in Y last week. 2 meals seemed fine. Didn't test any of the light snacks.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:03 am

Air Canada just announced a seasonal non stop flight from Vancouver to Bangkok, starting this December. Checking economy seats, it’s relatively cheap at $742. However, when you add connections from the U.S., you can add at least $400 to the price. I’m already flying Singapore airlines Seattle to Singapore to Bangkok this September but am hopeful that a non stop to Bangkok from LAX might be available for 2023. I don’t understand why Thai Airways hasn’t offered one.
bescobar likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Dean1953
I’m already flying Singapore airlines Seattle to Singapore to Bangkok this September but am hopeful that a non stop to Bangkok from LAX might be available for 2023. I don’t understand why Thai Airways hasn’t offered one.
Plenty of reasons why it won’t happen. Thailand is still an FAA category 2 country which means no new service to the US. LAX-BKK is also bound to be a money-loser. TG has done it before and failed miserably.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
No fule efficient aircraft,following the bankruptcy
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Plenty of reasons why it won’t happen. Thailand is still an FAA category 2 country which means no new service to the US. LAX-BKK is also bound to be a money-loser. TG has done it before and failed miserably.
Originally Posted by bescobar
No fule efficient aircraft,following the bankruptcy
I don't think the B787 and A350 existed at the time TG operated the route. It would be great if UA or another airline give this route another try. It could work. At least, they can make it seasonal if the economics doesn't permit a year-long operation!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by lsquare
Does anyone know if SQ will keep SIN-YVR on its network after this fall?
Extension of SQ's YVR route has now been scheduled for the NW22/23 season.

Continues 3x weekly (Tue, Thu, Sat) using 3-class A350 LH, effective 01NOV22-25MAR23. Nothing loaded for NS23 season (yet).
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:08 pm

Wish to ask for those who had flew SIN-YYR on SQ48.. around what time is breakfast served after take off?

As the flight is at 7am, I am considering to have my morning breakfast at the Silverkris lounge and thinking to order a sort of brunch meal (instead of ordering waffles, pancakes etc on BTC) for the breakfast leg of the flight. Reason being that I have a pretty sensitive gastric so I would usually like to time my meals more right for long haul flights...

thanks in advance!
Old Sep 9, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MainlyMiles
Extension of SQ's YVR route has now been scheduled for the NW22/23 season.

Continues 3x weekly (Tue, Thu, Sat) using 3-class A350 LH, effective 01NOV22-25MAR23. Nothing loaded for NS23 season (yet).
seems like YVR flights are now loaded through August 2023, 3x weekly
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by indo79
seems like YVR flights are now loaded through August 2023, 3x weekly
Yes, was at an event where SQ announced a few things including year round service to YVR...other things mentioned included an add'l LAX service. Don't know timing though.
indo79 and lsquare like this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by bpk6h
Yes, was at an event where SQ announced a few things including year round service to YVR...other things mentioned included an add'l LAX service. Don't know timing though.
So this is now permanent?
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lsquare
So this is now permanent?
Year round service was how it was phrased.
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.