Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines launches seasonal flights to Vancouver, first to Canada since 2009

Singapore Airlines launches seasonal flights to Vancouver, first to Canada since 2009

Old Dec 20, 21, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by cvbnm View Post
Does anyone has any insider news on whether this flight will be available in the summer?
seem like SQ is going to fly to YVR year round.
the latest schedule is out and is showing SIN-YVR-SEA

mainlymiles.com have initially posted that YVR is drop and SQ will fly direct to SEA. But as per SQ app, it seem like SQ28/27 are still flying.
Old Dec 20, 21, 7:44 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
seem like SQ is going to fly to YVR year round.
the latest schedule is out and is showing SIN-YVR-SEA

mainlymiles.com have initially posted that YVR is drop and SQ will fly direct to SEA. But as per SQ app, it seem like SQ28/27 are still flying.
Yes this extension was only loaded yesterday (after SIA initially loaded 3x weekly non-stop SEA for the summer, without YVR).

Our list of VTL flights through to October 2022 was updated last night to reflect the YVR/SEA extension for NS22 season
sbs2716g likes this.
Old Jan 1, 22, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Beauty.

Love the first photo.

and 4th photo here

Old May 16, 22, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
https://simpleflying.com/singapore-a...ancouver-stop/

Does anyone know if SQ will keep SIN-YVR on its network after this fall? I'm not getting the impression that this is a permanent route compared to SIN-SEA.

With the removal of YVR from the SIN-SEA route, it seems like SIN-YVR and vice-versa become SQ48 and SQ47, respectively.
Old May 18, 22, 8:41 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, VA, EY, QR, CX
no idea but my SIN-YVR was packed!
Singapore_Air and lsquare like this.
Old May 19, 22, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
https://simpleflying.com/singapore-a...ancouver-stop/

Does anyone know if SQ will keep SIN-YVR on its network after this fall? I'm not getting the impression that this is a permanent route compared to SIN-SEA.

With the removal of YVR from the SIN-SEA route, it seems like SIN-YVR and vice-versa become SQ48 and SQ47, respectively.
seem like SQ is still finalizing the winter schedule. Some flights are not available for sales yet. For example one of the ULR flight to New York (SQ24/23) is also not yet available for sales for winter yet. Paris/Zurich are still showing A380.

before YVR is launched, many ppl say that the load won’t justify at all. But it seem like SQ is doing fine on this.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 19, 22, 8:11 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
seem like SQ is still finalizing the winter schedule. Some flights are not available for sales yet. For example one of the ULR flight to New York (SQ24/23) is also not yet available for sales for winter yet. Paris/Zurich are still showing A380.

before YVR is launched, many ppl say that the load won’t justify at all. But it seem like SQ is doing fine on this.
I've got a feeling both YVR and SQ24/23 into JFK, are doing well with SQ's virtual monopoly on transpac travel ex-SIN. By winter schedule, you'd expect it to be a lot more competive, CX could be back in the market, if/when Japan opens up properly to foreigners there will be more flights SIN-Japan and Japan-North America. I guess same with Taipei and BR/CI. So maybe these two routes don't survive.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 19, 22, 10:51 am

Programs: MH, AC, AS
In the quaint old pre-Covid era, travellers had choices. Up to three daily CX. One each from CI and BR. KE, JL, NH and AC were also options to some extent.

SQ has far less competition to deal with these days. CX is basically down and out. TPE is still closed for transit. The Japanese carriers aren't nearly back to full schedule yet. If you're travelling between YVR and Southeast Asia, SQ is more likely than not your most reliable option.

It'll be a different game when (or if) things ramp up again with the competition.
Ex-SIN and lsquare like this.
Old May 20, 22, 9:20 am

Programs: A3, AC

I flew on SQ27 ex-YVR last month and the majority of pax seemed to be originating from YVR. Talking to the IFS, he also said that there was alot of connecting traffic headed to India and Australia. My flight in particular had a ton of Australians and was fully booked. I had to route through LAX on the return leg as the direct back to YVR was fully booked-couldn't even upfare to J!
Hopefully the route is made permanent, its a great option to head to SEA.
Old Jun 19, 22, 5:07 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cyralax View Post
I flew on SQ27 ex-YVR last month and the majority of pax seemed to be originating from YVR. Talking to the IFS, he also said that there was alot of connecting traffic headed to India and Australia. My flight in particular had a ton of Australians and was fully booked. I had to route through LAX on the return leg as the direct back to YVR was fully booked-couldn't even upfare to J!
Hopefully the route is made permanent, its a great option to head to SEA.
How many meal services are there on this route? I have SEA-SIN booked in J, a 16 hr 10 minute flight, 2 meal services seems too little for that length. SQ website has no details.
Old Jun 19, 22, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by tobegold View Post
How many meal services are there on this route? I have SEA-SIN booked in J, a 16 hr 10 minute flight, 2 meal services seems too little for that length. SQ website has no details.
You may check the onboard menu for any flight here: https://inflightmenu.singaporeair.com/home

Confirmed it's 2 meals for SEA-SIN.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jun 19, 22, 7:38 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
You may check the onboard menu for any flight here: https://inflightmenu.singaporeair.com/home

Confirmed it's 2 meals for SEA-SIN.
Thanks for the link, 2 meals plus snacks (including noodles and sandwiches) on request.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jun 21, 22, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by tobegold View Post
I tend to agree that 2 meals is too few. The duration between the first and second meal is something like 8 hours. Same for the return.
Old Jun 21, 22, 8:57 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, VA, EY, QR, CX
it's two main meal services. the catering was as disappointing as the service on my flight unfortunately
Old Jun 21, 22, 9:28 pm

Same here. Booked a J class SG-YVR flight in coming fall and there will be only 2 main meals and 1 refreshment.

It will be my first time taking this route to Canada from the usual transit at FRA/LHR to Toronto/Montreal. Haven't seen much reviews on this flight, would appreciate some sharing!

Search this Thread