Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Wonder when USA travelers can return to Singapore: News

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wonder when USA travelers can return to Singapore: News

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:39 pm

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ugh-singapore/

at least for now, all transit passengers will be in the transit holding area (segregated from every one else). optionally book a room at the transit hotel

these category 1 countries don't have to be in the holding area, can explore Zone B/C of the transit area (i think the plaza premium lounge is in C)
)

Transit Passengers from Hong Kong SAR, China; Macau SAR, China; Mainland China; and Taiwan, China
This section does not apply to transit passengers from countries/regions which Singapore has unilaterally lifted border restrictions. Passengers from these countries/regions will not have to wait for their connecting flight at the transit holding area. While they will not be allowed to enter any shops during the layover at Changi Airport due to regulatory requirements, they may move freely within their designated zone in the transit departure area.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:27 am

Although I am from UK not USA, I guess the question is the same...

What does it mean when SQ say you need S$50k of medical insurance (COVID cover) to enter the country? Is this covered by your normal travel insurance companies that cover you for £20 online? Or is medical insurance different to travel insurance?

How can a backpacker get such a high level of medical insurance?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
Although I am from UK not USA, I guess the question is the same...

What does it mean when SQ say you need S$50k of medical insurance (COVID cover) to enter the country? Is this covered by your normal travel insurance companies that cover you for £20 online? Or is medical insurance different to travel insurance?

you can buy from the following 3 insurance companies. Or from your own insurance company (if they cover COVID )

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/health/travelinsurance

not that expensive. Around SIN$60 for 50K coverage for around 2 weeks. But only just cover for COVID 19 related fees.
A380 Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:05 am

guess what type of traveler SIN wants?
m.y, A380 Flyer and truncated like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
you can buy from the following 3 insurance companies. Or from your own insurance company (if they cover COVID )

not that expensive. Around SIN$60 for 50K coverage for around 2 weeks. But only just cover for COVID 19 related fees.
Thanks!

So it seems I would still need my own travel insurance (from the UK) to cover other stuff, the link you gave will be just for the important mandatory COVID stuff.

Ok, so that's a bit clearer, and thankfully not as expensive as I feared.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 9:29 am

Thanks!

So it seems I would still need my own travel insurance (from the UK) to cover other stuff, the link you gave will be just for the important mandatory COVID stuff.

i only check pricing for one of the company. Not sure the other two have any cheaper rate Pls do check.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:43 pm

Thanks!

More of a barrier will be the on arrival PCR test which costs around 200 SGD or £100 - with a further PCR test required at a dedicated test centre in the city on days 3 and 7.

Only if you survive all 3 tests will you be able to relax and enjoy your trip as if you test positive on any of them its off to quarantine.

And I note that only one of the three daily Singapore airlines flights from LHR is a VTL flight - the 10.55am departure which unsuprisingly is commanding a much higher fare than the other two which will still require mandatory 14 day quarantine (as they presumably will include travellers connecting from non approved countries). You can of course fly via Frankfurt or Paris or Copenhagen - also on the approved list - but of course middle eastern airlines requiring stopovers there are also ruled out.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by MARTYM8
More of a barrier will be the on arrival PCR test which costs around 200 SGD or £100 - with a further PCR test required at a dedicated test centre in the city on days 3 and 7.

Only if you survive all 3 tests will you be able to relax and enjoy your trip as if you test positive on any of them its off to quarantine.

And I note that only one of the three daily Singapore airlines flights from LHR is a VTL flight - the 10.55am departure which unsuprisingly is commanding a much higher fare than the other two which will still require mandatory 14 day quarantine (as they presumably will include travellers connecting from non approved countries). You can of course fly via Frankfurt or Paris or Copenhagen - also on the approved list - but of course middle eastern airlines requiring stopovers there are also ruled out.
only require one pte-departure test n one arrival test at $160. Day3/7 tests are removed.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:37 pm

only require one pte-departure test n one arrival test at $160. Day3/7 tests are removed.

Sorry didn't realise those requirements were being removed from 18 October.

Full guidelines are here!

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/re...ts-and-process
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MARTYM8
And I note that only one of the three daily Singapore airlines flights from LHR is a VTL flight - the 10.55am departure which unsuprisingly is commanding a much higher fare than the other two which will still require mandatory 14 day quarantine (as they presumably will include travellers connecting from non approved countries).
Not only have the VTL swab test rules changed but also the quarantine levels for non-VTL arrivals. Coming directly from the UK on a non-VTL flight, quarantine is 7 days with the option of doing it at home if you have a residence here. Your 14 day travel history needs to be within Category 2 countries to qualify for 7 days.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
i only check pricing for one of the company. Not sure the other two have any cheaper rate Pls do check.
need to have travel insurance for their COVID-19-related medical treatment and hospitalisation costs in Singapore, with a minimum coverage of S$30,000.

From my reading, it's not necessary if you already have health insurance that covers world-wide. Perhaps just a confirmation letter from your current insurer to be sure. $60 for such a low level of coverage and short duration seems to be excessive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.