SIN - LHR

Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer, BAEC
SIN - LHR

Hi all

Apologies for this beginner question, like many I haven't flown for a couple of years and haven't flown on SQ for many more than that!

Can anyone confirm if SQ still serve alcohol / food for free in economy on their long haul flights? My booked flight is SIN > LHR.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 17, 2021, 11:36 pm

Yes. They still serve
Old Aug 18, 2021, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by TS77
Can anyone confirm if SQ still serve alcohol / food for free in economy on their long haul flights? My booked flight is SIN > LHR.
You can input flight details to view the food and beverage menu here: https://inflightmenu.singaporeair.com/home
Old Aug 18, 2021, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer, BAEC
Many thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Didn't want to start a new topic over this, but curious on the flight routing for SQ on SIN - LHR - SIN, on the SIN - LHR the track is "normal" ie almost a direct line, but on the return LHR - SIN, they fly detour over Russia and China ? Same for SQ308 , SQ317 ... Checked on BA10/11 but the routes were the usual direct line.

Old Sep 6, 2021, 3:08 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by wantan
Didn't want to start a new topic over this, but curious on the flight routing for SQ on SIN - LHR - SIN, on the SIN - LHR the track is "normal" ie almost a direct line, but on the return LHR - SIN, they fly detour over Russia and China ? Same for SQ308 , SQ317 ... Checked on BA10/11 but the routes were the usual direct line.

SQ flight path
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Routing over China/Mongolia isn't really much different in terms of distance than routing over Saudi Arabia - neither route is close to the shortest distance. I've attached an example. The shortest route by distance is through Afghanistan but this route is not currently possible. In addition to Afghanistan, SQ is also not flying over Iran, Eastern Ukraine and Belarus.

Of course, high altitude winds will also play a huge role in any chosen route such that the shortest route may actually be longer in miles but shorter in time due to favorable winds.

Last edited by bpk6h; Sep 6, 2021 at 7:59 pm
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
thank you for the replies. Was just comparing to BA11 whose route seems more direct ?

Old Sep 6, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
BA had typically been avoiding this route (if you search far enough back you'll note BA often used the Saudi route prior to Afghanistan airspace closure which is something SQ never did). The route in your post requires BA to fly small portion of the flight over Afghanistan. You may/may not see SQ change soon to use this...many considerations to take into account.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by wantan
thank you for the replies. Was just comparing to BA11 whose route seems more direct ?

i think only 5/sept that BA fly this routing. The other day show it fly similar to SQ route.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: QR Plat
Winds aloft is one factor in this, but I also suspect that airspace over Pakistan/Afghanistan is rate limited or unusable for periods, so for some flights the detours are worth it. Given the limitations in routing by the Tibet/Himalaya area, and factor in sutiable diversion points, then you get these odd looking southern or northern routes.

-A

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.