Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance partner award availability issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:42 pm
was ShootinPutin11
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver

I'm trying to book a Star Alliance partner award using KrisFlyer Miles.

Specifically, SFO-YVR-IST-MRU. I see availability on united.com but when I search on singaporeair.com there's no results.

I confirmed segment-by-segment availability using KrisFlyer miles, but the single itinerary can't be booked online. I tried calling KrisFlyer and booking over the phone and was told that it's not possible, despite the agent confirming the individual segment availability.

Does anyone have advice on how to proceed? Is there a rule (MPM, etc.) that this routing breaks? I tried to HUCA but got the exact same agent again... I tried searching the KrisFlyer forum but didn't come across any old threads on this topic.

Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:06 pm

let us know what happened
Old Sep 11, 2021, 12:01 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Could it be that other Star Alliance Members are giving Singapore a taste of their own Medicine
Old Sep 11, 2021, 9:48 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Could it be that other Star Alliance Members are giving Singapore a taste of their own Medicine
Have you read the post? Krisflyer can see individual segment available.

Krisflyer is difficult to use for *A ticket and very inflexible on constructing award tickets. If it does not show up online, good luck.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 11:59 am
Suspended

I find it very frustrating to redeem KF miles for *A awards. Poor availabilities are not the only issue. Surcharges tend to be high as well.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 6:36 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
I was highlighting the current situation that there have been NO Partner SQ Availability Awards any class seats using any Star Alliance Airline Awards for the past few months..
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:06 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by UncleDude
I was highlighting the current situation that there have been NO Partner SQ Availability Awards any class seats using any Star Alliance Airline Awards for the past few months..
It’s been suspended for about a year now (at least), supposedly to stop people from booking “illegal” itineraries for transit.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris
It’s been suspended for about a year now (at least), supposedly to stop people from booking “illegal” itineraries for transit.
That is simply not correct. I have seen availability on LX, LH, NH and TK on various routes. Admittedly, they involved either departing from or arriving in SIN, but the above blanket statement that there have been no award seats at all on partners is factually incorrect.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 2:05 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
That is simply not correct. I have seen availability on LX, LH, NH and TK on various routes. Admittedly, they involved either departing from or arriving in SIN, but the above blanket statement that there have been no award seats at all on partners is factually incorrect.
Not so ... previous posters are referring to the ability to book SQ flights via a partner airline (eg LH, TK, TP, AS etc). This has indeed been suspended for over a a year now. I wish my crystal ball could tell me when they will be coming back!
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:24 am

Star Alliance bookings not working

Hi, trying to book an award ticket with SQ on TK. I have selected "Redeem flights" option on the search box but once I entered flight details and click search it just takes me back to the same page. Is the site down for Star Alliance bookings?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi, trying to book an award ticket with SQ on TK. I have selected "Redeem flights" option on the search box but once I entered flight details and click search it just takes me back to the same page. Is the site down for Star Alliance bookings?
I using app n there is no issue in finding now. . But seem like the app is having problem with searching for award flight in some instances the past few days. I have to close the app n restart.

if you are using browser, maybe have to clear the cache.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Mister P.

Some origins and destinations are not working for Krisflyer redemption.

What's your origin and destination?

SIN-IST works both directions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.