Unlock Status Credits without Flying

Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by redvelvetmartinis
Does anyone know if this transfer will help extend PPS for another year? I currently have over 33k in Reserve Value, more than enough to go another PPS year for Nov 2021-2022. But I'm medically banned from flying for at least half of 2022, so it's likely I will lose status the following year. If the transfers are now recorded as current PPS Value, does that mean that SQ will just deduct whatever current PPS value I have, and then the Reserve Value can be well, reserved for another year?
So sorry to hear of your medical condition.

Yes it does. You can refer to the website below for details:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...tatus-credits/

Basically, the miles transferred in, will earn you PPS Value. During the renewal of your PPS status, they will deduct your reserve value first, followed by your current earned PPS Value. Any excess will be retained as PPS Value for the next 3 years to aid in your renewal of your PPS status.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by hclee01
Assuming if the unlock status miles credit campaign does not get extended after it finishes in end Feb 2022, you would need to transfer 250K and posted to your account by 29 Feb 2022 to get the elite miles to extend your gold status to 30 Nov 2023. After Feb 2022, you will need to fly 50K elite miles to renew your KF Gold Status.

If you are able to transfer credit card miles and get it posted by 22 Nov 2021, you will only need to transfer 220K miles (as the 15% bonus will be eligible for elite miles credit).
Thanks - I am going to do some additional tests with my wife and my accounts to see. Would be really nice to lock in status till 2023 based on these stacking promotions.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:17 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Basically, the miles transferred in, will earn you PPS Value. During the renewal of your PPS status, they will deduct your reserve value first, followed by your current earned PPS Value. Any excess will be retained as PPS Value for the next 3 years to aid in your renewal of your PPS status.
I should really understand this better than I do. I'm a Solitaire under the old terms ($25K renewal / 6 year reserve expiration period). I also most likely will not fly as much going forward. However, I currently have enough reserve value with expiration out to 2026 to maintain Solitaire. I have some reserve value expiring in 2027 but under $25K.

My question:
If I transfer points at 10 miles to 1 PPS value will the value count towards this years $25K renewal requirement (and not put into reserve) or will SQ first deduct from the earliest expiring reserve and put this newly acquired PPS value in the 2027 bucket (or 2028 bucket if I transfer in Jan/Feb 2022)?

If SQ deducts PPS value from the earliest expiring bucket then I don't see downside in transferring to lock in Solitaire until potentially 2028 given the miles would not expire anyways while I remain Solitaire. Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by bpk6h
I should really understand this better than I do. I'm a Solitaire under the old terms ($25K renewal / 6 year reserve expiration period). I also most likely will not fly as much going forward. However, I currently have enough reserve value with expiration out to 2026 to maintain Solitaire. I have some reserve value expiring in 2027 but under $25K.

My question:
If I transfer points at 10 miles to 1 PPS value will the value count towards this years $25K renewal requirement (and not put into reserve) or will SQ first deduct from the earliest expiring reserve and put this newly acquired PPS value in the 2027 bucket (or 2028 bucket if I transfer in Jan/Feb 2022)?

If SQ deducts PPS value from the earliest expiring bucket then I don't see downside in transferring to lock in Solitaire until potentially 2028 given the miles would not expire anyways while I remain Solitaire. Thanks!
Hi

AFAIK, the PPS value earned from the current points transfer campaign is no different as if the PPS value earned from flying in a normal time. Hence, upon renewal, they will start to deduct first from your Reserve Value, and where Reserve Value is not sufficient, it will be deducted from your current PPS Value. This is based on the chart that is illustrated in SQ website as follows:

bpk6h likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:07 am

Hi

AFAIK, the PPS value earned from the current points transfer campaign is no different as if the PPS value earned from flying in a normal time. Hence, upon renewal, they will start to deduct first from your Reserve Value, and where Reserve Value is not sufficient, it will be deducted from your current PPS Value.
Thank you! I see the SQ website also clearly states "To maximise the validity of your Reserve Value, your membership will always be renewed using your Reserve Value (from oldest to newest) before adding the PPS Value youve earned in your current membership year." So, that should mean if I transfer 250,000 bank points that this will convert into $25K Reserve Value with a 2028 expiration (or perhaps transfer a bit more to plug the 2027 gap and have $25K in 2028). I think I was incorrect earlier about needing to wait until Jan/Feb 2022 to transfer points as my membership year is Nov-Oct, so anything I transfer now will convert to Reserve Value at the end of Oct 2022 and therefore go into a 2028 Reserve Value expiration bucket - I hope this assumption is correct. In the meantime, hopefully I'll travel a bit :-)
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Thank you! I see the SQ website also clearly states "To maximise the validity of your Reserve Value, your membership will always be renewed using your Reserve Value (from oldest to newest) before adding the PPS Value youve earned in your current membership year." So, that should mean if I transfer 250,000 bank points that this will convert into $25K Reserve Value with a 2028 expiration (or perhaps transfer a bit more to plug the 2027 gap and have $25K in 2028). I think I was incorrect earlier about needing to wait until Jan/Feb 2022 to transfer points as my membership year is Nov-Oct, so anything I transfer now will convert to Reserve Value at the end of Oct 2022 and therefore go into a 2028 Reserve Value expiration bucket - I hope this assumption is correct. In the meantime, hopefully I'll travel a bit :-)
Currently, there is a 15% promotion by SQ where you will earn 15% more miles if the credit card points transfer are credited on or before 22 Nov 2021:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...nversion-2021/

As such, in this respect, you will just need to transfer around 217,400 miles to get it posted to your KF account by 22 Nov 2021. The 15% bonus miles will be eligible for PPS Value as well. Hence, when you transfer 217,400 miles, you will receive around 250K miles in your account and correspondingly 25K of PPS Value.

In fact, if you can opt to transfer more credit card points during this period of time. Any time in excess of PPS Value for renewal will go into your Reserve PPS Value. So this is a good way to keep your Solitaire PPS status alive without actual flying!
bpk6h likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:10 am

Currently, there is a 15% promotion by SQ where you will earn 15% more miles if the credit card points transfer are credited on or before 22 Nov 2021:

As such, in this respect, you will just need to transfer around 217,400 miles to get it posted to your KF account by 22 Nov 2021. The 15% bonus miles will be eligible for PPS Value as well. Hence, when you transfer 217,400 miles, you will receive around 250K miles in your account and correspondingly 25K of PPS Value.

In fact, if you can opt to transfer more credit card points during this period of time. Any time in excess of PPS Value for renewal will go into your Reserve PPS Value. So this is a good way to keep your Solitaire PPS status alive without actual flying!
Yup, that 15% bonus is a plus - I had that in mind as well when I was thinking about this transfer. I still have a slight (irrational?) fear that SQ will use this $25K PPS Value 'deposit' for requalification this membership year and nothing will get added to reserves...but that chart you shared and the language on the website does indicate that Reserves are used first for requalification.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Yup, that 15% bonus is a plus - I had that in mind as well when I was thinking about this transfer. I still have a slight (irrational?) fear that SQ will use this $25K PPS Value 'deposit' for requalification this membership year and nothing will get added to reserves...but that chart you shared and the language on the website does indicate that Reserves are used first for requalification.
So far, for my PPS requalification for the past few years (pre-covid times), it has always been that they will start to deduct the Reserve PPS value first before dipping into the current PPS value to qualify. There has not been any announcement in this logic and hence, I think we can safely conclude that the current logic should still apply. If you want to be double sure, you can do a live chat with the agent via the Chatbot. They should be able to assist and you can take a screen shot as evidence of the confirmation.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:20 am

So far, for my PPS requalification for the past few years (pre-covid times), it has always been that they will start to deduct the Reserve PPS value first before dipping into the current PPS value to qualify. There has not been any announcement in this logic and hence, I think we can safely conclude that the current logic should still apply. If you want to be double sure, you can do a live chat with the agent via the Chatbot. They should be able to assist and you can take a screen shot as evidence of the confirmation.
I called up and confirmed. While I don't have screenprint evidence, the agent was knowledgeable such that I felt comfortable trusting her. If only Hyatt offered something like this...I'm about 80K away from lifetime Globalist...but alas I think my heavy work travel days are over. At least the PPS Reserve system now gets me TPPS through 2028 at a minimum. Can't complain. Thanks so much for your help!
hclee01 likes this.

Last edited by bpk6h; Nov 10, 2021 at 3:27 am
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
From this article, it mention that you need to transfer 220K. So maybe you need to do some maths and transfer less than 220K this month.

https://mainlymiles.com/2021/10/28/s...it-card-miles/
Yes, it does. Under T&C, it may take up to a few weeks for the 15% bonus elite miles to be posted.

Thanks! I'm gonna transfer 210k points now and another 10k in February.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:56 am

@hclee01 miles, 15% bonus miles and PPS value all posted within 24hrs (from Citi Premier Miles). However, PPS value was not received on the 15% bonus. Should it?
hclee01 likes this.

Last edited by bpk6h; Nov 11, 2021 at 4:08 am
Old Nov 11, 2021, 4:20 am

@hclee01 miles, 15% bonus miles and PPS value all posted within 24hrs (from Citi Premier Miles). However, PPS value was not received on the 15% bonus. Should it?
IIRC, status miles/PPS value on bonus 15% will only come by 14 Dec 2021
bpk6h and sam_goh like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 4:29 am
Original Poster

It will be three weeks after campaign period for your PPS value on the 15% bonus. You can refer to the FAQ Qn 18 on this.

bpk6h and sam_goh like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:00 am

Thank you hclee01 and fone!
hclee01 and sam_goh like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Thanks to you 3 as well. I was just about to post this as I noticed I received the 15% bonus but not on elite requalification. I'm tempted to transfer another 200k just to see if my status updates to 2023 immediately but I guess I could transfer less and wait till Dec 14th to find out
bpk6h likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.