Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unlock Status Credits without Flying

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:43 am

Cool, thanks for confirming. I might do that route then, to hedge against an early finish of the promo. Hopefully they won't upgrade the status early, believing that I'll be happy they're being generous!
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
Cool, thanks for confirming. I might do that route then, to hedge against an early finish of the promo. Hopefully they won't upgrade the status early, believing that I'll be happy they're being generous!
You are welcome. It is a bet now wondering if they may end the promotion early. Cos the 12-month period starts from the time you earn the elite miles over the 12-month period. If they don't, you can technically transfer enough to hit 49,500 elite miles by early Feb 2022. Then you can wait till early Feb 2023 to earn the extra 500 elite miles to get KF Gold status which will be good for use till Feb 2024. This is under the assumption on worst-case scenario that global leisure travel doesn't open up till end Y2022 / early Y2023 and the promotion runs as planned till end Feb 2022.

Good luck!

Last edited by hclee01; Apr 17, 2021 at 5:33 am
Old Apr 17, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by hclee01
You are welcome. It is a bet now wondering if they may end the promotion early. Cos the 12-month period starts from the time you earn the elite miles over the 12-month period. If they don't, you can technically transfer enough to hit 49,500 elite members by early Feb 2022. Then you can wait till early Feb 2023 to earn the extra 500 elite miles to get KF Gold status which will be good for use till Feb 2024. This is under the assumption on worst-case scenario that global leisure travel doesn't open up till end Y2022 / early Y2023 and the promotion runs as planned till end Feb 2022.

Good luck!
It's an interesting point you make about SQ ending the promotion early. While it's definitely worth considering, in my experience over the years they have been very reliable at doing as they promise, especially when it comes to terms and conditions.
hclee01 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:08 pm

Does SQ still send out elite packages with an actual physical card ? Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2021, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Does SQ still send out elite packages with an actual physical card ? Thanks
They have paused the sending out of the physical cards and packages for status renewal this year from March 2021 to Feb 2022. For those that who have qualified, not too sure if they will send out the package.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 3:22 am

My understanding is that they've permanently done away with Krisflyer kits.

I received my most recent PPS kit in January. At the time I think SQ stated the card would be valid for two years, so I presume they intend to reinstate them at some time in 2022. It'll be a shame if they don't, because receiving the newly designed kit they introduced in 2019 is quite an occasion - it's beautifully crafted.

Thinking out loud: Now I wonder what happens to our KrisShop vouchers if we aren't getting a renewal kit?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 4:39 pm

Be careful on your expectations with foodpanda for the status credit as you will need to spend S$500 to be eligible for status credit.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 3:34 pm

Became Gold today despite not meeting the requirements. Made multiple transfers (totaling 230k) over the past couple months. Booked a few flights with the miles; no other activity.

A bit annoyed... planned on transferring 20k in February, but guess that's out the window now.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
I only found this out by accident when I saw my statement and then came here to find out how it worked.

I will be living at a Marriott property for six months before February 2022, earning the usual Bonvoy points. I worked this out to be approx 240,000 Bonvoy points which will credit by January, paid for on a Citibank credit card, which nets me another 60,000 Citi Rewards points. These will turn into 80,000 KF points from Bonvoy and 12,000 KF points from Citibank.

At the 1:5 ratio, 92,000 KF points should get me 18,400 Elite credits and a couple of Business class tickets between Bangkok and London on LH or SQ should see me reach Gold fairly easily, which I wasn’t expecting until I heard about this promo. Fingers crossed it isn’t pulled early as I will be trying to credit the last of the transfers in mid-February 2022 to maximise the Gold period.

Quick Q - Marriott tops up points transfers above 60,000 Bonvoy points by 5,000 extra KF miles - does this bonus also qualify for the elite miles (1,000)?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingChuck
Became Gold today despite not meeting the requirements. Made multiple transfers (totaling 230k) over the past couple months. Booked a few flights with the miles; no other activity.
I wonder if you'll be able to keep Gold for an additional year if you transfer another 250k miles.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CrashWire
I wonder if you'll be able to keep Gold for an additional year if you transfer another 250k miles.
I believe it should be able to do so. With the qualification to Gold, the membership year starts from the qualified month and the member will have to accumulate 50K elite miles to requalify. Hence, by under this promo, by transferring points into the KF account, should be able to renew the KF Gold for another 12 months thereafter.

The problem will be that once transferred in, for KF gold members, the 3-year miles expiry clock starts ticking.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Just checking if anyone has any recent experience transferring Marriott points to KF miles? I transferred 60K Marriott points to SQ KF (total of 25K miles posted). However, the Elite Miles / PPS Value was not updated for this transfer. Did anyone encountered this issue? I had some “misses” with Hilton recently as well, but IHG PPS value posted correctly.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by hclee01
Just checking if anyone has any recent experience transferring Marriott points to KF miles? I transferred 60K Marriott points to SQ KF (total of 25K miles posted). However, the Elite Miles / PPS Value was not updated for this transfer. Did anyone encountered this issue? I had some “misses” with Hilton recently as well, but IHG PPS value posted correctly.
While I haven't partaken in this promo personally, I think the program T&Cs indicated it could take a couple of weeks for the PPSV to reflect after a transfer. Probably worth getting in touch with SQ to clarify.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by WISEMEN
While I haven't partaken in this promo personally, I think the program T&Cs indicated it could take a couple of weeks for the PPSV to reflect after a transfer. Probably worth getting in touch with SQ to clarify.
I transferred 60000 points from Marriott Bonvoy to SQ KF and the bonus miles (5000) and Elite Status miles posted within 3 days of the main points posting (20000).
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Have you received the elite mile? First time I received the elite after one day, second time after 16 days and this time it has been 10 days..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.