Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Flying SQ in times of Covid - experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying SQ in times of Covid - experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Andrew35K
Same question, but in Suites. Surely you can be maskless?
Originally Posted by NoY
How strictly is mask wearing enforced? Will be flying DXB-SIN in J in August...
Ok so I’ll give my interesting experience regarding this.

I flew to Europe from Australia last month in economy, was two SQ flights. The biggest difference was compared to the last flights I took with SQ in 2021 - the mask mandate was not really enforced on either flight. There was an announcement before take off on both flights that wearing a mask is mandatory except when eating and drinking but that was it - some people never bothered to put theirs back on after meal times. The flight attendants walked through the cabins multiple times and never told people to put them back on. This is in stark contrast to me flying last year - flight attendants came through the cabins multiple times as well, and if they found anyone not wearing the mask perfectly, you could expect to hear “excuse me sir/madam, may you please put on your face mask / excuse me sir, the mask needs cover your nose as well please, thank you”. None of that enforcement anymore on my flight last month, complete different approach compared to 2021, the FAs ignored anyone not wearing it properly. I still wore mine properly out of respect but yeah

I also notice the crew weren’t wearing those science-lab goggles anymore that I saw them all wearing on my flights last year (only surgical face mask) - it was quite the unique look I have to say, mask and goggles
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Certainly they aren't requesting masks in F. The man across the aisle from me didn't wear one the entire flight CDG-SIN. (Probably a bad idea as I'm sure I had COVID during that flight.)
renila and Andrew35K like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:26 am

A few days ago SIN-ADL in Y a number of people around me were asked to put their mask on or wear it properly by multiple FA's.
renila likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Does SQ provide mask and spares too?
Will be flying A359ULR in J next month and don't want to wear the same mask for the entire leg SIN-SFO.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aritrixa
Will be flying A359ULR in J next month and don't want to wear the same mask for the entire leg SIN-SFO.
They're bound to have some but they suggest: "Passengers are advised to bring a sufficient supply of face masks for their journey. Replace damp face masks and do not reuse single-use masks..."

aritrixa likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by aritrixa
A couple of months ago they still gave out some sort of care kit that had mask, hand towel and hand sanitizer included (at least in J on longhaul). However, our return flight to SIN from Europe in May, this was not provided any longer.
aritrixa likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 4:35 am

Crew would have a ready stash, if you ever need one.
aritrixa likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Can confirm, they have a supply if you are caught short (at least in J and F) - just don't proactively put them at each seat as per previous practice.
aritrixa likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Looks like SQ is upgrading their catering from LAX starting in early August. Looking at the menus there's much better options than in this past cycle and the midflight snack offerings are also much much better than they have been. Hopefully this is a sign of continued improvement.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bsb7140
Looks like SQ is upgrading their catering from LAX starting in early August. Looking at the menus there's much better options than in this past cycle and the midflight snack offerings are also much much better than they have been. Hopefully this is a sign of continued improvement.
This is good news!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Andrew35K
Same question, but in Suites. Surely you can be maskless?
My experience in Jan (inbound SIN) and May (outbound SIN) were both not enforced.
Singapore_Air and Andrew35K like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:05 am

I flew SQ J to Melbourne in June 2022 and SQ Y to London Heathrow in early March. In June, there were no more care kits.

I did wear my mask (other than meal times).

A video I made of the SIN-MEL leg on an Airbus A350 Regional J configuration -
commaspace likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by bsb7140
Awesome. I have an LAX-SIN coming up later this year.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by wtcmor
Has pre departure beverage in business being removed from the service or did I just get a lazy crew?
Hasn't been re-instated.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
Hasn't been re-instated.
While it isn’t proactively offered, this has always been available on request, no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.