Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Flying SQ in times of Covid - experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying SQ in times of Covid - experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I often read Steve's posts. He's a pilot and has an interesting profile.

Old Apr 20, 2021, 11:45 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Flew SIN-PVG back in Feb. PEY was half full but I managed to snag a aisle seat with the middle seat empty.

PEY BTC was not available ex SIN but my in flight meal was reasonable. Most importantly, they didn't forget to keep the champagne poured although the glasses are poured at the galley and served at your seat.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:08 am

SQ error

A traumatic experience with SQ flight! One Singapore Airline call agent process an error on the system and cancel my flight with SQ 48 hours before my flight without informing me. When I was checking my flight online, the ticket which I bought no longer exist, and Singapore Air called to say there is nothing they can do to compensate for the error made! This is ridiculous and unacceptable especially during a pandemic when so many are stranded overseas waiting for a flight to go home.

Originally Posted by invisible
If you recently (after January 2021) had a flight on SQ, would you mind sharing your experience? The occupancy of the plane/cabin, route, class, inflight service (if any), rules/requirements for pax, overall experience.

Last edited by jimmy5e6cf4; Apr 22, 2021 at 9:57 am
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
One Singapore Airline call agent process an error on the system and cancel my flight with SQ 46 hours before
Why would a call agent touch your ticket randomly?
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.
How could this happen? Never seen that before
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:53 am

I made an inquiry about flight details, the agent made an error in the system which leads to cancellation of the flight

Originally Posted by warakorn
Why would a call agent touch your ticket randomly?

Last edited by jimmy5e6cf4; Apr 23, 2021 at 1:21 am
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Flew SIN-PVG back in Feb. PEY was half full but I managed to snag a aisle seat with the middle seat empty.

PEY BTC was not available ex SIN but my in flight meal was reasonable. Most importantly, they didn't forget to keep the champagne poured although the glasses are poured at the galley and served at your seat.
I thought they served sparkling wine in PEY
Old Apr 23, 2021, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by jimmy5e6cf4
A traumatic experience with SQ flight! One Singapore Airline call agent process an error on the system and cancel my flight with SQ 48 hours before my flight without informing me. When I was checking my flight online, the ticket which I bought no longer exist, and Singapore Air called to say there is nothing they can do to compensate for the error made! This is ridiculous and unacceptable especially during a pandemic when so many are stranded overseas waiting for a flight to go home.
Oh dear! How was this resolved?
Old May 1, 2021, 2:09 am

Programs: JAL JMB SAPPHIRE;Etihad guest Platinum; Hilton HHonors Diamond; IHG Platinum elite
Anything services have changed during the pandemic? Considering to fly with SQ from PEN to DXB to avoid the quarantine in Abu Dhabi......
Old May 1, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC, QF.
I'm booked to fly MAD - FRA - SIN - AKL departing 13 May. In economy. Selected row 43 mid section from FRA to SIN and Window seat row 44 from SIN to AKL. Hopefully it'll be only half full!
Old May 1, 2021, 7:08 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
We flew another series of SQ flights during the pandemic, this week we flew MLE-SIN-CGK in J. The MLE flight had four people in business, economy looked to be about 75% full, with lots of connecting passengers. The flight to CGK was about had 10 pax in J and economy looked about half full.
Old May 3, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by studyolic
I'm booked to fly MAD - FRA - SIN - AKL departing 13 May. In economy. Selected row 43 mid section from FRA to SIN and Window seat row 44 from SIN to AKL. Hopefully it'll be only half full!
I would very much hope it is not half full! That would be a bad outcome.

Yesterday's FRA to SIN travelled with 4 people in economy. Today's (leaving in 1:45) is showing 15 people.
Yesterday's SIN to AKL travelled with 32 people in economy. Today's (leaving in 3:35) is showing 29 people

Your initial seats sound OK, but I'd look at seat selection again as late as possible and move if necessary , I've noticed people tend to prefer towards the front. During a pandemic on a flight that's <20% loaded, my preference is to be as far away from others as possible

Old May 5, 2021, 3:33 am

That's a good point, I'll check the seating availability next week and maybe move to some further back that are more isolated.
Thanks!
Old May 5, 2021, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh
I would very much hope it is not half full! That would be a bad outcome.

Yesterday's FRA to SIN travelled with 4 people in economy. Today's (leaving in 1:45) is showing 15 people.
Yesterday's SIN to AKL travelled with 32 people in economy. Today's (leaving in 3:35) is showing 29 people

Your initial seats sound OK, but I'd look at seat selection again as late as possible and move if necessary , I've noticed people tend to prefer towards the front. During a pandemic on a flight that's <20% loaded, my preference is to be as far away from others as possible

With that low number of people, I wonder if they need to spread them across Y for weight distribution (or would cargo be able to balance it all)

Speaking on seats....are they still separating pax to SIN vs connecting pax into different sections of the plane?
Old May 6, 2021, 12:57 pm

I'm confused. There seems to be conflicting information on the baggage allowance. My e-ticket says 25kg in economy for my flights next week MAD-FRA-SIN-AKL. But on my Kris flyer account it seems to say I have a 30kg allowance. I don't have any Kris flyer miles, just the membership number, which appears on my booking. Which is correct?
Thanks for any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.