Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Flying SQ in times of Covid - experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying SQ in times of Covid - experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:32 pm

Is champagne served in Suites on the ground @ JFK? I was planning to board as early as possible in order to get settled, but perhaps not if the bar is closed. Korean is the only airline I’ve flown First from JFK where drinks weren’t served on the ground. Pre COVID.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
How strenuous is mask enforcement in Suites when the door is closed? .
In November (pre-Omicron) I flew SIN-LHR in Suites and they were relaxed about the rules. I didn't attempt to wear the mask while sleeping and they never asked. In fact I was sitting watching TV and sipping champagne when she came to make the table for breakfast; I went to put the mask on and was told I didn't have to (presumably because of the drink).
Return journey, in J, and about the time Omicron was starting to take off, they didn't enforce masks while sleeping but as soon as I sat up in bed to watch the TV a stewardess asked me to put it on.
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Originally Posted by bsb7140
Do you have access to BTC menu right now?
Yes! What is the consensus on the lobster thermidor and the Singaporean style Chicken Satay? How are the burgers?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by onlySIA
Return journey, in J, and about the time Omicron was starting to take off, they didn't enforce masks while sleeping but as soon as I sat up in bed to watch the TV a stewardess asked me to put it on.
I had a different experience - an overzealous junior crew woke me up TWICE from sleep when my mask fell off during. And I was only one of two passengers in the rear J cabin of an A359. Needless to say, being woken up from sleep just to be asked to put on a mask in a near empty cabin - was extremely annoying.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I had a different experience - an overzealous junior crew woke me up TWICE from sleep when my mask fell off during. And I was only one of two passengers in the rear J cabin of an A359. Needless to say, being woken up from sleep just to be asked to put on a mask in a near empty cabin - was extremely annoying.
Exactly what I'm afraid of. How recent was this?
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Exactly what I'm afraid of. How recent was this?
4 March 2022. I originally had difficulty falling asleep on the flight, hence the tossing and turning that likely dislodged my mask. By the time I was woken up the second time, grumpy and sleepy, I actually complained about the crew member to the ISM (something that I've never done in my entire lifetime of flying SQ).

Furthermore it was a VTL flight back then, when every passenger must've been vaccinated or recovered.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:18 am
jxd

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I had an red eye flight few days ago, took of mask when sleeping and no one batted an eyelid. Cabin was totally dark so it was probably hard to tell anyway. But yeah waking me up just to be told to put on my mask would probably piss me off too.
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
We flew, CPH to SIn & SIN to ARN via FRA. Noticed that their service levels in Business have dropped. We asked for an amenity kit and she asked us if we needed to brush our teeth. Sounded kinda foolish. She then reluctantly went to get us 2 kits.
On our way to SIN, they forgot my main dish, I had to ring the bell. On our way from Singapore they forgot to serve my partners meal, he had to ring the bell to get this main dish which was preordered.
Rushed service. This was a revenue flight and we expected better service then that.

Oh well, I will stick to LX and LH next year.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
We flew, CPH to SIn & SIN to ARN via FRA. Noticed that their service levels in Business have dropped. We asked for an amenity kit and she asked us if we needed to brush our teeth. Sounded kinda foolish. She then reluctantly went to get us 2 kits.
I suspect the question was because there's no toothbrush in the amenity kit (for whatever reason) so if you'd said yes you might also have gotten a dental kit as well
DiamondMile and aritrixa like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by truncated
I suspect the question was because there's no toothbrush in the amenity kit (for whatever reason) so if you'd said yes you might also have gotten a dental kit as well

The toothbrushes are in the lavatories. We wanted the amenity kit which includes a moisturizer and lip balm. On both segments we had to ask for the kits.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jxd
I had an red eye flight few days ago, took of mask when sleeping and no one batted an eyelid. Cabin was totally dark so it was probably hard to tell anyway. But yeah waking me up just to be told to put on my mask would probably piss me off too.

Air Canada makes an announcement, if you are asleep without your mask we will wake you up. But SQ crew is too afraid of its customers to do that.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
The toothbrushes are in the lavatories. We wanted the amenity kit which includes a moisturizer and lip balm. On both segments we had to ask for the kits.
I had to on SQ52 in early April as well; when talking to the FAs on both SIN - MAN and MAN - IAH, they stated how the amenity kits are now "on request only" as SQ has limited supply per cabin, and assumes not everyone wants one. For those expecting, collecting, needing, or wanting one, be sure to request when you board the flight or soon after ... as it sounds like most J cabins aren't stocked for everyone to get one
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hardworking21
I had to on SQ52 in early April as well; when talking to the FAs on both SIN - MAN and MAN - IAH, they stated how the amenity kits are now "on request only" as SQ has limited supply per cabin, and assumes not everyone wants one. For those expecting, collecting, needing, or wanting one, be sure to request when you board the flight or soon after ... as it sounds like most J cabins aren't stocked for everyone to get one
WIth the exception of some trials where amenity kits were proactively handed out or already placed at the seat upon boarding, SQ has for the most has not provided amenity kits or as recently provided upon request only.
Cryofern likes this.

Last edited by bpk6h; Apr 18, 2022 at 12:45 am
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by hardworking21
I recall that when SQ first introduced the kits, they made it quite clear they would be on request only. I think this policy has been pretty consistent.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Is the sleeping area in the SIN SilverKris lounge already opened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.