Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Krisflyer asking for more points after United canceled flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Krisflyer asking for more points after United canceled flight?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Wouldn't that warrant a DOT complaint against UA - in case the OP would have failed.
UA cancelled a flight and is refusing to rebook the passenger onto the next available flight connection.

I called Singapore airlines to confirm the changed ticket, but the representative said they need 12.5k more per ticket (50k total) because now we have a different ticket??
My guess is that the phone agent handled this rebooking as a voluntary ticket change.
But in cases like cancellations usually the operating carrier is supplying the ticketing carrier with a waiver code that needs to be put into the new ticket. That waiver code ensures that the operating carrier is not going to collect any additional money.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
feeling100 glad to hear everything worked out for your SQ award ticket flying UA metal. I need to "burn" some expiring SQ miles and ended up going being able to get SFO to OGG.instead all the way from EWR. I ended up using another carrier 1 way east coast to west coast. After reading your post I think I am glad that I am just doing the non-stop on SQ miles even thought it is not a great redemption value. Hope you have a good time in Hawaii for spring break.

Also, would like to private message w/ your on what you did for the Hawaii COVID test since I am also EWR based. Paying $250 per person at the airport is a big ouch when doing to total math for everyone in family.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:23 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Bottom line, the first agent should immediately have to go for retraining on redemption rules, as there seems to be none of the needed expertise that one should expect.

As others said, for irregular operations / involuntary changes and such, there should be no collection of additional fees, miles or any such.

In the OPs case, even with a voluntary change, no extra miles would have been due (change fees may have been hypothetically) as the US to US connection was under 4hrs as lokjuh highlighted already.

Sadly, many SQ agents fall short on this specific type of redemption US to US and many times it takes escalations to get it done at the proper mileage as even the website may price it out wrongly. YMMV.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globaist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by miles_navigator
feeling100 glad to hear everything worked out for your SQ award ticket flying UA metal. I need to "burn" some expiring SQ miles and ended up going being able to get SFO to OGG.instead all the way from EWR. I ended up using another carrier 1 way east coast to west coast. After reading your post I think I am glad that I am just doing the non-stop on SQ miles even thought it is not a great redemption value. Hope you have a good time in Hawaii for spring break.

Also, would like to private message w/ your on what you did for the Hawaii COVID test since I am also EWR based. Paying $250 per person at the airport is a big ouch when doing to total math for everyone in family.
Sure, I'll be happy to help. We are planning on getting the Walgreen (IDNOW) rapid test. A friend of mine took it and results came back in about 4 hours. His insurance covered the test. I do believe he did indicate that he was "cough" on or something on one of the questionnaire. YMMV. I also called the Hawaii travel hotline a couple of weeks ago to confirm this was an accepted NAAT test.

Happy to see another EWR member here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.