Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

KrisFlyer cancel/redeposit in time of COVID

Old Feb 19, 21, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

I have Saver award bookings CDG-xSIN-MEL for four pax in J, in April. Although the flights are still scheduled, we can't get out of Australia and certainly European vacations aren't a credible option yet. I'm looking to rebook for September/October (and I realize I may well have to push it back again), but there's no availability to any ports in Australia for the whole duration of October. So I need to cancel, and possibly use the miles for the outbound journey instead.

How is cancel/redeposit working now? Do I have to go out of my way to request redeposit or is it automatic? Can it be done online? Is it any faster via call center? Obviously I'll want access to the miles ASAP for future planning. I'm not especially concerned if it takes weeks or months to get the taxes back to my credit card.

Are cancel fees currently being waived due to COVID or do they still apply? (At the moment the booked flights are not cancelled, but I can't wait until they may cancel them.)
Old Feb 20, 21, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by BernardBlack View Post
I have Saver award bookings CDG-xSIN-MEL for four pax in J, in April. Although the flights are still scheduled, we can't get out of Australia and certainly European vacations aren't a credible option yet. I'm looking to rebook for September/October (and I realize I may well have to push it back again), but there's no availability to any ports in Australia for the whole duration of October. So I need to cancel, and possibly use the miles for the outbound journey instead.

How is cancel/redeposit working now? Do I have to go out of my way to request redeposit or is it automatic? Can it be done online? Is it any faster via call center? Obviously I'll want access to the miles ASAP for future planning. I'm not especially concerned if it takes weeks or months to get the taxes back to my credit card.

Are cancel fees currently being waived due to COVID or do they still apply? (At the moment the booked flights are not cancelled, but I can't wait until they may cancel them.)
It's all automatic. You'll have to pay the fee though. I did it all online and the miles were back like instanteously.
Fees are NOT being waived, AFAIK. I had two tickets, so it was USD $50 each to cancel.
Old Mar 13, 21, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH GLD, IHG PLT
No, SQ is not waiving redeposit fees but it generally depends on when you booked your original award ticket.

I found the below but not sure if any of the info applies to you.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...id19-usa-info/

As other posters have suggested, perhaps can the SQ based call center phone number and pick the Chinese option (agents also speak English) and see if the agent is empathetic to your situation and is able to get a manager to waive it.
Old Apr 8, 21, 12:21 am

It may be worth waiting for them to cancel it for you. They just sent me an email telling me that my June flights just got cancelled and the email directed me to a form to request a refund of my miles and booking fees and said there would be no redeposit fees.

"If you had redeemed your ticket using miles or have a Mix KrisFlyer Miles and Cash booking, the miles will be refunded to the KrisFlyer account where they were deducted from, and the cash to the original mode of payment. Any associated fees will be waived."

Search this Thread
Search Engine: