Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

flying + transit in covid times with children

flying + transit in covid times with children

Old Dec 30, 20, 9:19 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: CGK/TPE
Programs: GA/SQ/CX
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by hdejongh View Post
so i booked, changed the flight a bit AMS-SIN with points business class - SIN-MLE normal ticket business class and back MLE-SIN-AMS with points also business class.

does somebody know which terminal we arrive on? MLE-SIN is terminal 3 i believe.
It's all Terminal 3, Terminal 2 is currently closed for renovation.
maxc_20 is offline  
Old Dec 30, 20, 5:49 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 644
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4 View Post
He cannot because this is absolute rubbish, many people are asymptomatic but still can spread the virus,

The masks are a way to reduce giving and receiving, the only argument is how effective, but the vast majority of people either loom at scientific evidence or use simple common sense !

The millions of children around the worls wearing masks are not going to suffer PTSD due to their concern they are going to kill someone, instead they are learning good social manners that will bode well the next time a pandemic rolls around.

I fail to understand how or why a simple piece of fabric or paper can be a problem to ( almost) anyone.
And that is why many countries remain in the situation they’re in, or even worse than earlier in the year.

I won’t be surprised soon if Singapore pauses passengers transmitting again at some point.
Mlee888 is offline  
Old Dec 30, 20, 9:32 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: LAX
Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Posts: 1,454
Originally Posted by Mlee888 View Post
I won’t be surprised soon if Singapore pauses passengers transmitting again at some point.
All this news about a vaccine rollout and Singapore had a pause button?
KosherKimchee is offline  
Old Dec 31, 20, 12:19 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Programs: LH HON, Sixt Diamond
Posts: 166
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4 View Post
How strict is singapore airlines in business class. If my kids (9-11) are sleeping do they really need to wear a mask?



Hopefully very strict, wearing a mask is proven to reduce the risk to the wearer and to those around them. I find it unbelievable that someone would risk their children's health, plus the crew, fellow passengers , !
They absolutely must be wearing masks! The Singaporean government is very strict about enforcing this, also there is even more scrutiny recently since Singapore Airlines air crew got infected whilst on duty. Zero excuse not to put on masks, unless for very young children.
Ziegenhorn is offline  
Old Dec 31, 20, 12:39 am
  #20  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn View Post
They absolutely must be wearing masks! The Singaporean government is very strict about enforcing this, also there is even more scrutiny recently since Singapore Airlines air crew got infected whilst on duty. Zero excuse not to put on masks, unless for very young children.
thanks! I think I'll take better look at qatar airways! No masks needed there in business class!
hdejongh is offline  
Old Dec 31, 20, 1:27 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Programs: LH HON, Sixt Diamond
Posts: 166
Good news for you though is that there is an airside transit hotel in T3 which is open again and accepting passengers on SQ (Singapore Airlines) and MI (Silk Air)

https://www.harilelahospitality.com/terminal-3-new

Stay safe!
Ziegenhorn is offline  
Old Dec 31, 20, 2:01 am
  #22  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn View Post
Good news for you though is that there is an airside transit hotel in T3 which is open again and accepting passengers on SQ (Singapore Airlines) and MI (Silk Air)

https://www.harilelahospitality.com/terminal-3-new

Stay safe!
thanks! ill look into that.

Same for you!
hdejongh is offline  
Old Dec 31, 20, 3:43 am
  #23  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by KosherKimchee View Post
I do not think you have a legal itinerary. I think you need to book AMS-SIN-MLE on one ticket to be allowed to fly per:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=kataac8r
solved! but thanks again for pointing it out

"Please be rest assure, I will update on the booking that you have SIN-MLE flight on another booking/ticket, and there will not be any problem in transit."
hdejongh is offline  
Old Dec 31, 20, 4:02 am
  #24  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, SW Florida, and Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Posts: 29,133
Originally Posted by hdejongh View Post
solved! but thanks again for pointing it out

"Please be rest assure, I will update on the booking that you have SIN-MLE flight on another booking/ticket, and there will not be any problem in transit."
Whilst that. Any sound comforting, it doesn’t make it a single ticket. It is just s free form note in one booking.
LondonElite is offline  
Old Jan 1, 21, 8:33 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Programs: SQ TPP
Posts: 83
Originally Posted by Mlee888 View Post
You’ll be lucky by then if the Singapore government will have relaxed a lot current rules by then.

SQ will follow the local laws most likely and currently anyone under 6 is the only age gap that no masks are required.

Yotel is in Jewel Changi which is the mall connected to the airport. I don’t think they have one airside. If you need to go thorough immigration then you will need to do a quarantine period for 2 weeks. Plus as a tourist you won’t be permitted to travel into Singapore.

Feel free to book but most likely if permitted to travel, you will need to stay airside and will be chaperoned to where you will need to go for your next flight.

Personally I wouldn’t be booking any holiday at the moment, unless on the pretense it will most likely be cancelled.
I agree with most of the above, except the argument for children not wearing masks onboard, but can report that there are airside hotels in T1 and T3 (T2 is closed now). Your SQ flight would arrive at T3 so if you are allowed to transit, you would be escorted off the plane to a holding area and then to the airside hotel but would need to check out 2 hours or so before your onward flight so maybe not worth it. Airside hotels can be reserved on-line. You would be escorted back to the holding area then to your onward departure gate. Remember that Changi does gate security so no liquids allowed past the gate.

Mind you, the rules at Changi are being regularly updated (sometimes at very short notice and different rules for different countries of origin) so just keep checking the latest until your departure date.

Last edited by MEL-World; Jan 1, 21 at 8:45 pm
MEL-World is online now  
Old Jan 1, 21, 10:28 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Programs: krisflyer
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by MEL-World View Post
Your SQ flight would arrive at T3 so if you are allowed to transit, you would be escorted off the plane to a holding area and then to the airside hotel
Just want to point out that transit passanger from selected countries will not be escorted to the transit passanger holding area. In that case, they can go directly to the ambassador transit hotel. (It's updated as soon as there's any outbreak so do check it just before the flight.)
definitelynotafrequentflyer is offline  
Old Jan 2, 21, 1:02 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: CGK/TPE
Programs: GA/SQ/CX
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer View Post
Just want to point out that transit passanger from selected countries will not be escorted to the transit passanger holding area. In that case, they can go directly to the ambassador transit hotel. (It's updated as soon as there's any outbreak so do check it just before the flight.)
The selected countries are countries that Singapore has unilaterally opened their border to, like Australia, NZ, Taiwan, etc. AMS or MLE is not included so you'll be escorted.
maxc_20 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: