Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines new business class amenity kit

Old Oct 6, 2020, 12:25 am
Original Poster

So this was rather unexpected: SQ has finally pulled the trigger on a business class amenity kit, this one a partnership with UK perfume house Penhaligon's. The kit was fleetingly mentioned in blurb for SIA at Home 'experience', here's more info and pics.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ss-amenity-kit
https://milelion.com/2020/09/30/conf...amenities-kit/

And here be pics:

And here be the Official Press Release from amenity kit creator Buzz Products no press release from SQ as yet.

----
PENHALIGONS FOR SINGAPORE AIRLINES,
capturing the essence of Business Class travel.

Singapore Airlines believe personalized service is all in the details, which is why they have chosen to partner with renowned British perfumers Penhaligons for their Business Class amenity kits.

Singapore Airlines Business Class experience combines considered design and intuitive service to celebrate each passengers personal travel experience. This celebration of individuality is a shared cornerstone of beloved fragrance innovator Penhaligons, whose collection of perfumes provides diverse expressions of personality and play.

Buzz have created this collaboration between two iconic brands to create a perfect alignment of experiential luxury and personalised indulgence. Singapore Airlines and Penhaligons key values combine to create a trusted, elegant amenity program of unparalleled excellence.

Penhaligons was founded from humble beginnings in 1870, when enterprising founder William Penhaligon created distinctive scents using the highest quality ingredients. Today, Penhaligons is the Crown Jewel in British Perfumery with a celebrated and respected heritage confirmed by two Royal Warrants.

The Business Class kit is a green Penahligons branded folio-style bag featuring a signature perfume bottle stopper shaped zip pull. Inside the kit are three luxurious Penhaligons skin care products: Quercus Lip Balm, Quercus Hand Lotion and Quercus Facial Mist.

Quercus is a modern and invigorating cologne with a joyful burst of citrus and basil, supported by jasmine, cardamom, lily and amber.

The Penhaligons for Singapore Airlines program will be available via the SIA@home Business Class experience from 5 October and onboard in coming months.

----
lokijuh and tbm13 like this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
they had to cut the paper menus to get these onboard instead
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:45 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Not sure what is the deal with the facial mist stuff, I prefer a decent moisturizer cream instead of that spray thingy which is mostly water anyways. YMMV.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:19 pm

I find the items rather useful, especially the hand lotion and lip balm that I always need when going to drier temperate countries. But agree that a decent moisturiser would be more practical than a face mist.
FlyerEC and tbm13 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by demue
Not sure what is the deal with the facial mist stuff, I prefer a decent moisturizer cream instead of that spray thingy which is mostly water anyways. YMMV.
I'm a fan of both: a light, easily-absorbed moisturiser cream for inflight, morning or night, and a facial mist for a quick inflight spritz, especially when you step off the plane and to use when out-and-about the next few days (as that's about as long as it lasts for).
tbm13 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
So do we think that this was in the works previously, or is a result of COVID making the previous approach (having shared amenities like lotion, mist in the toilets) inappropriate/unsafe?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh
So do we think that this was in the works previously, or is a result of COVID making the previous approach (having shared amenities like lotion, mist in the toilets) inappropriate/unsafe?
​​​​​​Haven't been on an SQ flight in the past 6 months. Have the common amenities in the toilets been removed?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
This was in the works before COVID hit. Several things were, in fact, and most have been pushed back now.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 11:32 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines
First look "in the flesh" folks...

sl00001 and djsflynn like this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:37 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Looks quite impressive to be honest, kinda reminds me of MH's amenity kit partnered with Aspinal of London
NetJets Germany and djsflynn like this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Looks cheap to me but better than nothing I suppose
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
Looks cheap to me but better than nothing I suppose
Its for Business class, not First - so you shant be expecting luxuries.

Also this is in addition to the regular amenities that you can get from the toilets - toothbrush, toothpaste, shaver, etc. - and socks, eye shades that SQ would dish out separately, which most airlines would otherwise stuff into an amenity kit.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
anyone knows If those kits are still available long haul in J?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by frenchft
Yes, I got these in JFK-FRA and FRA-SIN back in December
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:54 pm
QG

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS
Originally Posted by frenchft
Yes, still available ex-UK to SIN as of last weekend but not offered - you have to specifically ask for them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.