Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines new business class amenity kit

Singapore Airlines new business class amenity kit

Old Feb 10, 2023, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by terbangalways
the existing voucher can be redeemed up to March 2023. And if you try Singapore store at Raffles City. He will most of the times gives out the full sized hand cream.
So the vouchers are now valid till the end of March? And is the shower gel out of stock, only hand cream left?
Old Feb 10, 2023, 5:31 pm

yes, that was what I was told by ION and Raffles City sales rep.

100ml shower gel is the by default gift, if this runs out then 75ml hand cream. I usually wait until the gel runs out as I much prefer the hand cream for gifts.

nowadays thereís no cap per redemption. One point i redeemed 8 pieces at once.

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
So the vouchers are now valid till the end of March? And is the shower gel out of stock, only hand cream left?
Singapore_Air and sfvoyage like this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by sof_lance
That said, what's more comforting (least to me), is to redeem KF miles with a proper sized amenity on KF shop. No fuss. No stress.
A bit confused. What has this got to do with the Penhaligons amenity kit that SQ provides in J? Wouldn't this be available to any KF member?
Old Feb 12, 2023, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
A bit confused. What has this got to do with the Penhaligons amenity kit that SQ provides in J? Wouldn't this be available to any KF member?
Yea my context is that with calling/running around trying to redeem the 100ml wash and explaining over again to clueless staff (and I did), might as well redeem points via the shop and get in the mail for 300ml (and I did). Granted that points be used up but prevents the headache.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 2:51 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond

Aboard SQ222 at the moment and thereís a new colour amenity kit (at least, I havenít seen it before)

a beige-y taupe
Coathanger likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 4:45 am

There's no more free Penhaligon's item in the coupon that comes with the taupe kits. Instead it's a free "complimentary fragrance profiling experience" where, I assume, they'll spritz you with all sorts of perfumes at the store in the hope that you'd buy some.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 11:01 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
There's no more free Penhaligon's item in the coupon that comes with the taupe kits. Instead it's a free "complimentary fragrance profiling experience" where, I assume, they'll spritz you with all sorts of perfumes at the store in the hope that you'd buy some.
Aiyoh, no thank you. Well it was nice while it lasted. At least got a stash of 75ml hand creme tubes and a few shower gels to last us for a while .
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:20 pm

Some posts back it was reported that the coupon expiration date was extended to end of March (at one of the Singapore outlets, at least). Does anyone know if they still have some items in stock?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: Velocity
Had to ask for an amenity kit on SQ222 and SQ23. Both flights had them in stock and were happy to give them out
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:22 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
On SQ33 Feb 19, I had to clarify that I wanted the leather pouch when the FA first brought me slippers and socks. He was also the same FA that tried to convince me that 10A is not an ideal seat on the 350 ULR. I may look like I don't belong in J but I know what I'm entitled to!

However, other FAs were much more friendly. She brought me two SQ stuffed bears when she noticed that I had brought along my LH F duck.
Old May 17, 2023, 6:31 pm

Had to ask for amenity kit on SQ21 (beige one), but they were super nice about it. SQ22 had the kits at our seats upon boarding.
Small thing, but the amenity bag size feels awkwardly large for the small number of items in the kit, especially if you compare it with other business class kits.
snic likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 11:58 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
SQ326 and then SQ327 - had to ask for the kit on both flights and nothing (not slippers, not socks, etc.) was offered proactively. In the past they went around the Biz cabin with a basket and asked, but theses days seem entirely on demand for most crews though some still put it at the seat already. Either way is fine with me as I can always ask. The taupe kits have different content, it is Penhaligon's Luna line now IIRC, but will check again not that I'm mixing things up.
snic likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 1:09 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by demue
SQ326 and then SQ327 - had to ask for the kit on both flights and nothing (not slippers, not socks, etc.) was offered proactively. In the past they went around the Biz cabin with a basket and asked, but theses days seem entirely on demand for most crews though some still put it at the seat already. Either way is fine with me as I can always ask. The taupe kits have different content, it is Penhaligon's Luna line now IIRC, but will check again not that I'm mixing things up.
The taupe kits do have the items from the Luna line.
Old May 18, 2023, 7:18 am

SYD-SIN-MXP in mid December and the return in January and the amenity kits were waiting at the seat on all 4 flights. The flights to Italy on that holiday were just before Xmas and I too loved the Christmas wreath decorations.. so festive ☺️

Socks, slippers and eye mask were not at the seat on the first leg SQ222 probably because it was a day flight, which is a shame because I didnít realise I needed to ask for this and it would have been a lot more comfortable having the slippers for loo visits..
it was only once I got on the next flight that I realised all available amenities for the cabin are listed in the F&B menu ..

While I agree that the amenity kits are a bit bare, others Iíve seen online where the kit is larger just combines a bunch of things that are readily available in the SIA bathroom and at the seat already, eg I just saw a review of American Airlines in F (Noel Philips if anyone is interested - I just love his quirkiness and passion for aviation!) and the amenity kit included socks, eye shade, dental kit and a pen.. maybe there was a small tube of hand lotion..

So I quite like the SIA amenities - you still get all the things you would expect in J - maybe it seems like cost cutting but I do think itís less wasteful to have things in the loo that people take only if they need, rather than hand everyone the same generic bulky pack that will never get used.

Meanwhile, Iím still using my Penhaligons hand lotion 4 months after my flight on a regular basis.. smells so lovely and really goes a long way for such a small tube!

Also how cute is the interior of this bag?
Old Jul 27, 2023, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the wrinkle-remover spray still in the amenity kits?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.