Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines new business class amenity kit

Singapore Airlines new business class amenity kit

Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:40 am

LAX-NRT in J last December. Slippers were waiting in seat, but not amenity kit.
I did read online that you had to ask so I asked for one and they brought it over.
Later, sometime AFTER MEALS as people were getting ready to sleep, the FAs went around with a tray of them offering them, but I already got one so I declined. Thing is, I needed the amenity kit right after meals because I wanted to sleep right away. If you're going to go around offering it, why not put them in seats?
Notyourbag likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 4:42 pm

This going around with “mass offering” is definitely not normal, again it emphasises how inconsistent the approach is, dependent on crew.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
Just before Christmas kits were at seats on MEL-SIN and SIN-FRA. Had no issue exchanging vouchers at Ion. When passing through T5 last week noticed a small Penhaligon’s shop. Showed vouchers for exchange. Said they hadn’t seen them before and could not help. Was also in London last week. Wellington Street branch said they had no stock and told me to try branch around the corner in the Piazza. They also had no remaining stock. They no idea if they were getting any more stock but eventually found 2 travel size bottles of body and hand wash and body and hand lotion.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:05 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
My experience with vouchers... Tried redeeming in four different stores in London last week and all told me they hadn't had any stock for quite a while. Staff all looked a little embarrassed and I assume they're having to turn away customers with vouchers on a daily basis.

One staff member urged me to email customer service to let them know. CS replied with an apology stating that the promotion finished on 31 Dec 2022.

I asked why London store staff don't seem to know that the promotion had finished, why Singapore store staff say the promotion has been extended (and are at times honouring the vouchers with alternate product when they're out of stock), and most importantly why the airline are still handing out vouchers for an expired promotion. They were unable to give me any answer but have, "forwarded the query to the corresponding department to double-check."
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:29 am

Was just on SQ22 and the kit--likes the nondescript design but nothing to write home about tbh--socks and slippers was waiting at the seats when we boarded.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFilmGuy
My experience with vouchers... Tried redeeming in four different stores in London last week and all told me they hadn't had any stock for quite a while. Staff all looked a little embarrassed and I assume they're having to turn away customers with vouchers on a daily basis.

One staff member urged me to email customer service to let them know. CS replied with an apology stating that the promotion finished on 31 Dec 2022.

I asked why London store staff don't seem to know that the promotion had finished, why Singapore store staff say the promotion has been extended (and are at times honouring the vouchers with alternate product when they're out of stock), and most importantly why the airline are still handing out vouchers for an expired promotion. They were unable to give me any answer but have, "forwarded the query to the corresponding department to double-check."
The concept is nice, might even be a differentiator to the Penhaligons branding. But overall execution has been patchy since it started with inconsistent availability and inconsistently trained staff, that results in a poor impression of the fulfilment process.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I find the items rather useful, especially the hand lotion and lip balm that I always need when going to drier temperate countries. But agree that a decent moisturiser would be more practical than a face mist.

Yea. I love them as well. Up in the air it is dry for me as well haha.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: Velocity
Data points. SYD-SIN 222 and SIN-JFK 24 I had to ask for amenity Kits.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:03 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
Do the kits still include the Penhaligon's voucher?
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:19 am

nope
Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:16 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Notyourbag
Ohh this is too bad. Hope this is not going to be the norm.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by benssen
Ohh this is too bad. Hope this is not going to be the norm.
Originally Posted by Notyourbag
Confused as to why this is an issue...
Old Feb 9, 2023, 8:55 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sol95
Confused as to why this is an issue...
No more free items to redeem for would be my guess.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 2:00 am

they did away with the free full sized hand cream retailing at $33.
that cream makes some nice gifts. Saved me some money over festive gifts in 2022 😉

the existing voucher can be redeemed up to March 2023. And if you try Singapore store at Raffles City. He will most of the times gives out the full sized hand cream.

sfvoyage and FlyerEC like this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 11:11 am

The shortage started back in summer of 2022 in London. Called all stores none in stock. Was offered a very small lotion (not full sized).

That said, what's more comforting (least to me), is to redeem KF miles with a proper sized amenity on KF shop. No fuss. No stress.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.