Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines new business class amenity kit

Singapore Airlines new business class amenity kit

Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Thanks for the reminders and tips .. forgot about the voucher until reading it on FT !
The shower gels are still available at the MBS store , checked yesterday , and only the hand creams in ION .
Yes to the hand creams
Ah, I should have taken one of the coupons to ION then..! But I was busy eating my way through a hawker centre that day and was a bit low on time

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
The easiest place to redeem in London is to go to Covent Garden, there are two Penhaligons stores within a stone's throw to each other. If the items aren't available at one, they'd usually direct you to the other.
Thank you for the useful info!!
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:43 am

Have there been any changes lately with respect to amenity kits, face mask, socks and slippers, still available on request only?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 5:43 pm

Yes, all these are still on request only. The amenity kits are available on flights at least 6 hours long.
tbm13 and iamamadscientist like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:31 pm

I am flying JFK-FRA-SIN, so would I be able to get a kit on both legs of the flight? I'm sure the flight attendants are far too polite to say anything if I were to request a kit on both legs, but is it looked down upon?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by setho212
I am flying JFK-FRA-SIN, so would I be able to get a kit on both legs of the flight? I'm sure the flight attendants are far too polite to say anything if I were to request a kit on both legs, but is it looked down upon?
The crew changes at FRA anyway. So request away.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
I flew FRA-SIN-MEL last month. No amenity kits were offered. I asked on both flights and was given one on each.

Unfortunately none of the FRA baggage arrived with us in MEL so contents were very useful, along with an overnight SA kit with toothpaste, toothbrush etc.

It sounds like there is a limited amount of product available. Any ideas of shops in Auz or NZ to redeem vouchers as I won’t be back in Singapore until December and UK January? TIA
Old Dec 25, 2022, 12:20 am

Just flew BKK-SIN-SFO, and amenity kit was proactively given out on both legs (pre-placed on each seat). There is a small folded rectangular note inside that mentions the free 100 ml product when you visit a Penhaligon's store. Is that the "voucher" mentioned on this thread? (The note didn't mention that I had to ask a flight crew for a voucher.)

Also, when I scan the QR code for the T&Cs, the promotion deadline is 31/12/2022. Does anyone know if this will be extended? If not, they will be useless for many of us who are not physically in Singapore or the UK (e.g. no store in the US, for instance) by the end of this month.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 6:14 pm

it will unlikely be extended. just redeemed 2 of the pengalihons bottles in SG store yesterday and they said that the stock is running low...
Old Dec 26, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bent
it will unlikely be extended. just redeemed 2 of the pengalihons bottles in SG store yesterday and they said that the stock is running low...
Alamakh, didn't realize it had a 31 Dec 2022 end date in the T&Cs. Still got 4 and should get another 2 on 31 Dec when flying back to SIN. Unlikely I can (well more like not wanting to) hit the store(s) on New Years Eve with 6 vouchers, especially as in my experience they are reluctant to hand out more than 2 gifts at a time even if you have more vouchers. We'll see I guess.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Alamakh, didn't realize it had a 31 Dec 2022 end date in the T&Cs. Still got 4 and should get another 2 on 31 Dec when flying back to SIN. Unlikely I can (well more like not wanting to) hit the store(s) on New Years Eve with 6 vouchers, especially as in my experience they are reluctant to hand out more than 2 gifts at a time even if you have more vouchers. We'll see I guess.
When i first made a exchange several months ago, staff said one redemption per customer. So even when I brought in two cards, they only permitted exchange of one (a bit dumb - i can technically walk out and walk in again)? I even registered each subsequent exchange with a fake name and email (on subsequent occasions).

When i went yesterday to redeem at Raffles City, the staff asked 'how many'? And told me to simialrly write my name and email - i just did so for one card. Seems like they have dropped the requirement and/or in a hurry to clear existing stock on hand by 31 Dec - these 100ml shower gels are not for sale so not sure what they gonna do with it after the tie-up is over.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 8:06 pm

Fun fact: i tried to redeem the card at Penhaligons store in Edinburgh and the staff there had no clue what was going on
Staff at the London store knew exactly though...
Guess its makes more natural sense that the London staff were briefed since SQ flies to London, but not Edinburgh.
Still, given that the redemption was supposed to be at any Penhaligons store, I'd have imagined the promotion T&Cs should have been more clear about the redemption locations.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:22 pm

were you put through the sales pitch ringer or did they just hand over the promotional sample?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by j0ps
were you put through the sales pitch ringer or did they just hand over the promotional sample?
In my dozen or so experiences these past two years, I'd say the store practices vary.

The London store did a lot of spritzing to ask you to try their various frangrances, whereas the MBS and Raffles City stores don't even bother and simply handed over whatever product was available - about 6 months back it was the 75ml hand lotion, but more recently the 100ml shower gel. Only once (my first visit) I got the 4 piece small gift set in a box.

One thing to note though... in my last visit to the Raffles City store a week ago, they said they'd charge for each paper bag given now for all SQ coupon redemptions... no longer classy. Unsure when this change was instituted.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by bent
Fun fact: i tried to redeem the card at Penhaligons store in Edinburgh and the staff there had no clue what was going on
Not at all surprising...
Cryofern likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
In my dozen or so experiences these past two years, I'd say the store practices vary.

The London store did a lot of spritzing to ask you to try their various frangrances, whereas the MBS and Raffles City stores don't even bother and simply handed over whatever product was available - about 6 months back it was the 75ml hand lotion, but more recently the 100ml shower gel. Only once (my first visit) I got the 4 piece small gift set in a box.

One thing to note though... in my last visit to the Raffles City store a week ago, they said they'd charge for each paper bag given now for all SQ coupon redemptions... no longer classy. Unsure when this change was instituted.
Interesting, thanks. Haha, maybe too many resellers on Carousel that jack up price if it comes with bag. I'd be happy to get a bunch of shower gels or whatever they want to get rid off for our 6 vouchers and need zero paper bags .
Cryofern likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.