Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines new business class amenity kit

Singapore Airlines new business class amenity kit

Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:04 pm

The whole launch of this kit has been patchy, and its availability isn't consistent which is a shame for SQ that prizes itself as a globally consistent brand.

I've experienced the following scenarios over the past 6 months:
- Kit was made available at seat upon boarding
- Kit was made available readily upon request
- Kit was requested but cabin crew didn't know what I was talking about (but realised shortly after, and I was given one)
- Kit requested but cabin crew said it wasn't available anymore because it was a "short term post COVID promotion by Penhaligons only"

And the kit contains a coupon that says the passenger may collect a 100ml shower gel from any Penhaligons store. My experience however was again different:
- In London, the store gave a 4-item sample set in a nice box instead, comprising of hotel sized soap, moisturiser, shampoo and shower gel (after a lot of cold hard sell)
- In Singapore, they gave a tube of 75 ml hand cream (apparently it's supposed to be one tube per passenger, but I was given two tubes as I had two coupons from a roundtrip flight, no hard sell)
- Apparently over the past week, I've heard that the gifts are now out of stock in Singapore
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black
Can please someone confirm that, as of today in SiA, you can request an amenity kit in business class to the flight crew upon boarding, but it will not be proactively offered?

One more question: Are slippers available on request or is this something not currently offered by SiA in business class?

Thanks so much for your time
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Wygun
Can please someone confirm that, as of today in SiA, you can request an amenity kit in business class to the flight crew upon boarding, but it will not be proactively offered?

One more question: Are slippers available on request or is this something not currently offered by SiA in business class?

Thanks so much for your time
Yes - kits on request but some FA's more pref active than others and will ask you if you require one. Slippers provided
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Kit , shades , slippers & socks were all placed nicely by my seat on recent SQ25 , 3 June

All other onboard requests were ably fulfilled .. even some of ones ground team forgot . Helps being Solitaire ? , even after not flying for 2 years & 4 months

Think did not have kit on SIN - FRA though !!
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Think did not have kit on SIN - FRA though !!
That's bizzarre... considering SIN is the city that most of SQ's flights would depart in bulk.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Agree, odd not to have kits ex-SIN.

Just to report back on our experience. SQ326 SIN-FRA we asked and were given the kits and after we had asked and received our kits the crew went around and offered them to other pax as well (at least in the rear mini-J cabin).

On SQ327 MUC-SIN we asked for the kits again and first I was given one and the LS went around to 19D and gave one to my spouse in a bit of a "stealthy" way. No other pax were proactively offered the kits around us, again in Mini-J cabin as I don't know what happened in main-J cabin.

We used two of the four vouchers so far and got the shower gel for both. Reminds me to collect the other two some time soon. YMMV
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black
Originally Posted by sl00001
Yes - kits on request but some FA's more pref active than others and will ask you if you require one. Slippers provided
Thank you so much for your post!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by demue
We used two of the four vouchers so far and got the shower gel for both. Reminds me to collect the other two some time soon. YMMV
The full sized hand creams are lovely, if they're still around.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Thought I would update this thread with my very recent experiences (just got home yesterday). I flew MEL-SIN-SFO and LAX-SIN-MEL.

On three of the four legs, I was given the kit only when I requested it. However, on MEL-SIN the onboard Wifi suddenly stopped working, so an FA went around and handed out a kit to every passenger while apologising for the Wifi.

Regarding the store vouchers, I tried my luck when I went out in Singapore for a day during one of my layovers. The stock at Raffles City was fully redeemed, but they said Marina Bay Sands should have some, and sure enough I succeeded there. I even managed to redeem all three coupons that I had already accumulated from the three legs flown. The sales associate asked if all of the coupons were indeed mine, I offered to show my SQ booking as proof, but she said that wouldn't be necessary. I received 3x 100mL shower gels. No hard sell either - I just had to leave my name and contact details on a little slip and tick a box saying whether or not I wanted to subscribe to their newsletter.

Of course, I still have one voucher left from the last leg - I think I'll try to redeem that one when I'm in London in a few months' time.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:07 am

For what it's worth, I was on a few SQ J flights in Q2 (SIN - MAN - IAH, JFK-SIN, SIN - FRA, etc.) and I had to request the kit on all of the legs. Spoke with the FAs on my SIN - FRA route, and they explained the training manual now explicitly says to only give it when asked, as they are trying to cut costs (and frame it to passengers as "waste reduction").

Sad given how many passengers may not even know this is an item that can be requested for, even after paying thousands for a J ticket. They really should leave one for everyone, or at least more proactively announce it as an option!
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by hardworking21
Spoke with the FAs on my SIN - FRA route, and they explained the training manual now explicitly says to only give it when asked, as they are trying to cut costs (and frame it to passengers as "waste reduction").

Sad given how many passengers may not even know this is an item that can be requested for, even after paying thousands for a J ticket. They really should leave one for everyone, or at least more proactively announce it as an option!
Yes, especially now that paper menus are back in business class, who would've known that amenity kits are available unless they also perused the digital menu onboard. So yes, SQ cost cutting effort is working!
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by hardworking21
For what it's worth, I was on a few SQ J flights in Q2 (SIN - MAN - IAH... etc.) and I had to request the kit on all of the legs.
Just checking, for SIN-MAN-IAH, assuming yours was a through flight, could you request for two amenity kits - for SIN-MAN, and MAN-IAH segments separately? After all people are required to disembark and reboard at MAN.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:47 am

Yup - was on SQ52, could ask for two kits On MAN-IAH, there were only 6 of us in the entire J cabin, and I was the only one to ask / get one :O as SQ really is keeping the amenity kits hush hush.

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Just checking, for SIN-MAN-IAH, assuming yours was a through flight, could you request for two amenity kits - for SIN-MAN, and MAN-IAH segments separately? After all people are required to disembark and reboard at MAN.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by demue

Just to report back on our experience. SQ326 SIN-FRA we asked and were given the kits and after we had asked and received our kits the crew went around and offered them to other pax as well (at least in the rear mini-J cabin).

On SQ327 MUC-SIN we asked for the kits again and first I was given one and the LS went around to 19D and gave one to my spouse in a bit of a "stealthy" way. No other pax were proactively offered the kits around us, again in Mini-J cabin as I don't know what happened in main-J cabin.

Originally Posted by FlyingJoy
Thought I would update this thread with my very recent experiences (just got home yesterday). I flew MEL-SIN-SFO and LAX-SIN-MEL.

On three of the four legs, I was given the kit only when I requested it. However, on MEL-SIN the onboard Wifi suddenly stopped working, so an FA went around and handed out a kit to every passenger while apologising for the Wifi.

Regarding the store vouchers, I tried my luck when I went out in Singapore for a day during one of my layovers. The stock at Raffles City was fully redeemed, but they said Marina Bay Sands should have some, and sure enough I succeeded there. I even managed to redeem all three coupons that I had already accumulated from the three legs flown. The sales associate asked if all of the coupons were indeed mine, I offered to show my SQ booking as proof, but she said that wouldn't be necessary. I received 3x 100mL shower gels. No hard sell either - I just had to leave my name and contact details on a little slip and tick a box saying whether or not I wanted to subscribe to their newsletter.

Of course, I still have one voucher left from the last leg - I think I'll try to redeem that one when I'm in London in a few months' time.
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
The full sized hand creams are lovely, if they're still around.
Thanks for the reminders and tips .. forgot about the voucher until reading it on FT !
The shower gels are still available at the MBS store , checked yesterday , and only the hand creams in ION .
Yes to the hand creams
FlyingJoy likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingJoy
The easiest place to redeem in London is to go to Covent Garden, there are two Penhaligons stores within a stone's throw to each other. If the items aren't available at one, they'd usually direct you to the other.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.