Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How SQ handles upgraded tickets when flight is canceled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)

I will soon book a one-way ticket from SIN-PVG for next January. There are currently 4 flights showing each day. I intend to book a cash fare and then upgrade to business class using miles (I have checked and there is currently availability).

Does anyone know what will happen if the schedule is thinned out nearer the time causing my choice of flight to be canceled?

Am I likely to:-

Be given the option to fly in business on another flight that day (assuming there are seats left in that cabin)? - this would be preferable
Be given the option to fly in my originally booked cabin on another flight that day (and my miles refunded)? - not so good, especially if upgrade availability is no longer there on the other flight options
Be given a cash an miles refund and left to make a fresh booking on whatever is available?
Be given a voucher?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:57 pm

If China still maintain the restriction, there will be only one SIN-PVG flight per week. Which is the Monday flight. SQ830. This is currently fly by the 787-10.

So if u book other flights most likely will be cancelled. I think SQ will see when the booking is made. If made recently they will switch to the available flight , if it is a old booking, most likely they will just cancel.
User Name likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
... and your upgrade will be voided and miles returned before they do any rebooks/refunds/vouchers.
User Name likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.