Search

SIA joy flights SIN-SIN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2020, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by terbangalways
Well for mattress run, i got it =)
I used to fly SIN-EWR-SIN just to requalify. But that was before covid. Very different experience then!
In the past I did something similar but JFK-FRA-JFK to get Suites
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 6:26 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by fly747first
In the past I did something similar but JFK-FRA-JFK to get Suites
We are crazy! LOL...
sl00001 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 10:57 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; HH Gold; Accor Plat
Finally SIA SQ announced
they will make this Flight in Oct 2020 hahahhaa
Old Sep 13, 2020, 3:52 am

I just don't get it ... pay $300-$600 for a 3 hr seat? If i had to spend money like that I would just stay a hotel. Or better yet, spend it at some decent meals.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I just don't get it ... pay $300-$600 for a 3 hr seat? If i had to spend money like that I would just stay a hotel. Or better yet, spend it at some decent meals.
Somehow I don't think its targetting those of us who fly (or flew) frequently. It's more about giving those who didn't an opportunity to get up in the air and fly. And creates a feeling of escaping the little red dot for little while. Not of interest to me, but then again I've left the red dot and returned to it already since COVID restricted movements across the border, so no urge to get up on a plane for the sake of it.
PaulInTheSky likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by HannsenBos3
Finally SIA SQ announced
they will make this Flight in Oct 2020 hahahhaa
When I enquired with our account manager, I was told to ignore the picture circulating online of a SQ account manager asking for expressions of interest because it is one of several ideas under consideration and nothing has been firmed up yet. Also, the current news cycle is about the retrenchment exercise. If there is going to be an announcement it will be later on
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:01 pm

Best meme of the topic!

https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/c...ts_to_nowhere/
sl00001 and hdogan like this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Some locals are creating noise on the environmental impacts of this move:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...d-with-flights

Have not yet heard a beep on how Singaporeans love to double and triple bag everything, run air conditioners to the lowest 'blizzard' setting, and are generally oblivious to recycling. Go figure!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:35 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by davidj1
Some locals are creating noise on the environmental impacts of this move:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...d-with-flights

Have not yet heard a beep on how Singaporeans love to double and triple bag everything, run air conditioners to the lowest 'blizzard' setting, and are generally oblivious to recycling. Go figure!
you are wrong on the lowest 'blizzard' setting, which actually is environment-friendly. raising the temprature is environment-unfriendly as it is required to heat the air to higher temprature.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
you are wrong on the lowest 'blizzard' setting, which actually is environment-friendly. raising the temprature is environment-unfriendly as it is required to heat the air to higher temprature.
Umm. Not so much in Singapore?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Umm. Not so much in Singapore?
you should understand the district cooling system Singapore installs before making such uneducated comments.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
you should understand the district cooling system Singapore installs before making such uneducated comments.
What about private properties? Whilst commercial properties will have aircon optimised for efficiency, the latter not so much? Anyway, we're getting way off topic.

In any event, Singaporeans getting on a plenty for a 3 hour flight to nowhere, probably isn't that much different, to the hoards of people all over the western world going for a "drive in the country" for hours to escape their cities. And just going for a drive isn't that environmentally friendly either. Just that in Singapore, Kranji is about as "country" as you can get, so without any other routes of escape, then I can understand why there might be some demand
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:44 am

What about private properties? Whilst commercial properties will have aircon optimised for efficiency, the latter not so much? Anyway, we're getting way off topic.

In any event, Singaporeans getting on a plenty for a 3 hour flight to nowhere, probably isn't that much different, to the hoards of people all over the western world going for a "drive in the country" for hours to escape their cities. And just going for a drive isn't that environmentally friendly either. Just that in Singapore, Kranji is about as "country" as you can get, so without any other routes of escape, then I can understand why there might be some demand
No one sets temprature to 18 degrees at home.

Singapore does have a few islands locals visit by boats or ferries, just name a few, Pulau Ubin, St. John's, Kusu, Sisters', Pulau Hantu, Pulau Semakau. All these are good for outdoor activities, hiking, picnic, etc.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:33 am

Somehow I don't think its targetting those of us who fly (or flew) frequently. It's more about giving those who didn't an opportunity to get up in the air and fly. And creates a feeling of escaping the little red dot for little while. Not of interest to me, but then again I've left the red dot and returned to it already since COVID restricted movements across the border, so no urge to get up on a plane for the sake of it.
It doesn't look like people will be interested, but if they put in qualifying miles in, then it will be a completely different story.

I suggest that they should do the 'Flights-to-Nowhere+Staycation+Food-Tasting' package to boost the economy.

Even better, these kinds of deals can help all countries too, and they can stick.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
It doesn't look like people will be interested, but if they put in qualifying miles in, then it will be a completely different story.

I suggest that they should do the 'Flights-to-Nowhere+Staycation+Food-Tasting' package to boost the economy.

Even better, these kinds of deals can help all countries too, and they can stick.
SQ does not have any edge on staycation or Food-tasting unless you prefer in-flight meals on the ground instead of the numerous restaurants all over the island.

$200 for a glass of champagne? Seriously?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.