Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

no more stopovers on one way saver awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2020, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

nice job as always SQ
davidj1 and fishfly like this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 10:41 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by saaveraward

nice job as always SQ
Nothing new with this. IT can't handle the addition of a non-complementary stopover. You can call in and add a stopover on a one way Saver award at a cost of $100 per stopover.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Nothing new with this. IT can't handle the addition of a non-complementary stopover. You can call in and add a stopover on a one way Saver award at a cost of $100 per stopover.
I haven't made the call, but I was informed this was a policy change and not an IT limitation. And yes, I know the interface was updated recently.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:09 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
If you haven't made the call, how were you informed?

Public T&Cs are still the same: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/p...conditions-kf/

"Additional stopovers are permitted at USD100 each, regardless of the class of service."
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:54 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Who informed OP of such a policy change?

So before we can all get excited and panic we need a bit more substance. So far the T&C's are still in effect that clearly allow a stopovers against 100USD fee and that is not linked to the ability (or lack thereof) of the booking engine to process such stopovers.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:17 am

For goodness sake SQ should just get their IT right. Not like there's no time on their hands to do so, with their programmers having extra time working from home during the Circuit Breaker of recent months...
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:17 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
As an aside, what is also interesting is that despite SQ's best efforts, Singaporean grammar has found a place on the SQ website. In my native (Australian) English, instead of " ... you can't have stopover", I would have said "... you can't have a stopover" or ".... you can't have stopovers". But now after living in SG for a while, I may well say what SQ has written in the message.
trooper likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:31 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
".... you can't have stopovers"
Cannot la
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:35 am

As an aside, what is also interesting is that despite SQ's best efforts, Singaporean grammar has found a place on the SQ website. In my native (Australian) English, instead of " ... you can't have stopover", I would have said "... you can't have a stopover" or ".... you can't have stopovers". But now after living in SG for a while, I may well say what SQ has written in the message.
Or quite simply, “you can’t stopover”.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by davidj1
Cannot la
Not to be pedantic, but you spelled it wrong. It’s “lah”.
lokijuh likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:00 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Not to be pedantic, but you spelled it wrong. It’s “lah”.
Also, word order is incorrect. "Stopover cannot lah."

For your daily dose of Singlish, I recommend following https://sureboh.sg/
Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:25 am
Original Poster

I was informed by someone who attempted to book on the phone that they were told this was the new policy. I then went online and saw this language and pasted it to this thread.

The pax who called in is a seasoned traveler and has no reason to broach this with me unless that's what they were told.

So either the public T&C has not been updated or the SQ rep was "misinformed" or just flat out wrong.

Mod - If you want to adjust/delete this thread because the SQ website is spitting out verbage that may or may not be true, please feel free.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
This is not new, SQ stopped giving free stopover for 1 way saver ticket for quite a while already (not sure the exact timing but it was already in effect early last year). You get 1 free stopover for round trip but 0 for 1 way.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by williamluk
This is not new, SQ stopped giving free stopover for 1 way saver ticket for quite a while already (not sure the exact timing but it was already in effect early last year). You get 1 free stopover for round trip but 0 for 1 way.
free isnt the issue. The issue if it's not permitted now full stop.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:16 pm

There are some agents (maybe new) who does not know of this US$100 stopover. Just like some agent who dunno how to make mixed class award booking. So just HUCA.

All along, you can’t make any booking for one way saver award with stopover online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.