Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Changi Airport to allow transit from 2nd June

Old May 20, 20, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Changi Airport will allow paxes to transit from 2nd June onwards.

Whether SQ will increase their flight we wonít know yet. But guess they might further revised their flight timing so that paxes wonít stay long at the airport.
Andrew35K likes this.
Old May 20, 20, 7:48 am

Programs: A3*Gold, LATAM*Black
It'll probably lead to more SQ flights, especially in popular connecting routes like AUS-UK etc.
Trajectory is positive again, which I think is what matters
Old May 20, 20, 12:43 pm
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold, SK EBB Silver
Do you suppose they will allow transit between two end-to-end tickets?
Old May 20, 20, 5:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
if you have no luggage or the luggage can be interlined i dont see why not?
clubeurope likes this.
Old May 20, 20, 5:40 pm

Programs: MH, AC, AS
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
I think it's too early to tell. Until we have a better idea of the process that transit pax have to go through (and the restrictions that could come with it), it's hard to say for sure.
clubeurope and Thai-Kiwi like this.
Old May 20, 20, 6:02 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post
I think it's too early to tell. Until we have a better idea of the process that transit pax have to go through (and the restrictions that could come with it), it's hard to say for sure.
You're right... here's to hoping it's possible though
Old May 20, 20, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Well, at least as of a few months ago connections on separate tickets on LCCs out of T4 required a landside connection, aka entering the country. Even though there is an airside bus connection, you weren't allowed to take it unless it was on a single ticket with a participating carrier.

Very annoying.

So I would be careful with connections that include moving between T1/2/3 and T4
Old May 20, 20, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doppy View Post
Well, at least as of a few months ago connections on separate tickets on LCCs out of T4 required a landside connection, aka entering the country. Even though there is an airside bus connection, you weren't allowed to take it unless it was on a single ticket with a participating carrier.

Very annoying.

So I would be careful with connections that include moving between T1/2/3 and T4
i would think they will allow same airline/ or same terminal transfer only. Right now only T1/T3 operating. SQ flights are all at T3. Donít think they would want transit pax to move from the far end of T3 to the far end of T1 to transfer.
Old May 21, 20, 2:35 am

Very annoying.

To be fair, it has always been the case that you can't do airside connections between flights that involve LCCs, especially if it involves checked baggage. Yet, for a Terminal 4 connection between two AirAsia flights, I am quite sure one should be able to connect airside given that one does not have checked baggage and was able to retrieve a mobile/online boarding pass (assuming -- normal operations).
Old May 21, 20, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
i would think they will allow same airline/ or same terminal transfer only. Right now only T1/T3 operating. SQ flights are all at T3. Donít think they would want transit pax to move from the far end of T3 to the far end of T1 to transfer.
That's an interesting scenario, but since T3 and T1 are connected airside, and some T3 gates are virtually closer to T1, it'll be quite a ridiculous policy to limit/ban inter--terminal transfers. Although, that's not to say that Changi has never had any ridiculous policies.
Old May 21, 20, 7:01 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
T2 and T4 are closed, T2 will be bringing forward their renovation plans so will be closed for ~18mths. No word on what the strategy for T4 will be.
Old May 21, 20, 7:16 am
Original Poster

That's an interesting scenario, but since T3 and T1 are connected airside, and some T3 gates are virtually closer to T1, it'll be quite a ridiculous policy to limit/ban inter--terminal transfers. Although, that's not to say that Changi has never had any ridiculous policies.
or maybe they can just use those gates B5-B10 n c1-c3 which is in between T1/T3.

They definitely want to restrict movement for those transit paxes in the terminals.
nufnuf77 and clubeurope like this.
Old May 21, 20, 7:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish

Very annoying.

Yes, and not only that! T4 was ridiculous at connections, I had a mobile BP and couldnt use the transit and had to wait hours for 'transit' desk to open and get paper boarding pass!
Old May 21, 20, 8:29 am

Programs: OWE, *G
Wonderful news! Now just praying that SQ adds back more flights and routes soon.
craig44485 likes this.
Old May 22, 20, 3:46 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
It'll probably lead to more SQ flights, especially in popular connecting routes like AUS-UK etc.
But only if Australia allows Brits to enter Australia and allow Australian citizens to leave Australia.
sydunipete likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: