Cut Off Date 31 May 2020

Old Apr 20, 20, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Cut Off Date 31 May 2020

Dear All,
As you all may aware that 31 May 2020 is now the cut-off date for bonus flight credits as well as one-time change waiver.
Does it mean that the chance to have all SQ schedule back to normal by 01 June 2020 onward is high?
Or, depend on the situation, will SQ push further the cut-off date?

Note: I have one award ticket and one cashed ticket for July 2020, both issued in Jan-2020. My wife and I still want to keep the ticket, but perhaps different destination.
Any suggestion are appreciated.

Thank you!!

Last edited by aritrixa; Apr 20, 20 at 2:16 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 20, 20, 7:00 am

SQ have just updated the May schedule. Similar as April schedule. Almost 97% of the flights got cut.

So unless situation improved, June should be the same.
tbm13 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 20, 11:49 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I don't think it's possible for anything remotely close to normal to be in place from June. June 2021 maybe. June 2020 is not.
Old Apr 21, 20, 4:40 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Well with the circuit breaker extended to Jun 1, the SQ April/May timetable will no doubt be extended to June at some point as well.
Old Apr 21, 20, 5:26 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...try/singapore/

I am not sure what is going on, but over 1400 new COVID cases yesterday. Not confident how likely the May 31 'back to normal' timeline is...
tbm13 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 20, 6:43 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Accor gold, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...try/singapore/

I am not sure what is going on, but over 1400 new COVID cases yesterday. Not confident how likely the May 31 'back to normal' timeline is...
Nearly all in dormitories (have a look at https://www.s11capital.com/ if you want to know what sort of dormitories). Hardly anyone who is not living in one of those has tested positive in the last couple weeks.
Old Apr 21, 20, 8:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
Originally Posted by tom tulpe View Post
Nearly all in dormitories (have a look at https://www.s11capital.com/ if you want to know what sort of dormitories). Hardly anyone who is not living in one of those has tested positive in the last couple weeks.
I wouldn't say hardly anyone -- it's been hovering at maybe 2-3 dozen new "local community" cases a day and hasn't really come down since the start of the semi-lockdown. We've just crossed the 2 week mark though so theoretically those numbers should start dropping by this week (if the lockdown is effective).
Old Apr 22, 20, 3:23 am

Waiver extended to End June 2020

wonder what will I get for my partially completed trip.
My award booking have a stopover in Singapore n my second part of journey is in June. Not sure they will allow refund ? If refund also how they calculate ? Or allow me to keep postpone my trip ?
bitterproffit and tbm13 like this.
Old Apr 22, 20, 8:26 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Accor gold, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by shuigao View Post
I wouldn't say hardly anyone -- it's been hovering at maybe 2-3 dozen new "local community" cases a day and hasn't really come down since the start of the semi-lockdown. We've just crossed the 2 week mark though so theoretically those numbers should start dropping by this week (if the lockdown is effective).
15 Singaporeans and permanent residents vs. 1,001 foreign workers living in dormitories, out of 1,016 new cases (April 22), is pretty much "hardly anyone".
tbm13 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 20, 4:22 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
Waiver extended to End June 2020

wonder what will I get for my partially completed trip.
My award booking have a stopover in Singapore n my second part of journey is in June. Not sure they will allow refund ? If refund also how they calculate ? Or allow me to keep postpone my trip ?
Well, we are too mid-trip in AKL and after 4 lots of cancellations they have admitted that they will not be able to get us back to the UK any time soon. I asked for a voucher or refund but both have been refused and all they will do is extend (open date) our return portion of the ticket AKL-SIN-LHR until 30/3/21 which is of no use to us at all because it HAS to be used on those sectors and there is no chance of us returning to NZ before that date due to the entry restrictions that the NZ government are putting in place. I think I'm going to have to look into the EU261 rulings on cancellations and try and retrieve at least some of the value that way when we finally get home. This was a cash booking and not an award.
Old Apr 22, 20, 8:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
15 Singaporeans and permanent residents vs. 1,001 foreign workers living in dormitories, out of 1,016 new cases (April 22), is pretty much "hardly anyone".
If you compare it that way then sure. But in absolute terms, the 2-3 dozen community spread cases daily is still bad enough that the government decided to extend CB for another 4 weeks (theoretically the dorms people are all already cut off from the rest of society).
Old Apr 23, 20, 12:18 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Not that it necessarily alters your conclusion, but need to be careful in looking at the numbers. The numbers you quote are close but not accurate, the actual numbers are:
- 17 community cases (15 for SG's/PR's + 2 work pass holders), noting there is no functional difference between Singaporeans, PRs and work pass holders renting an apartment).
- 32 work permit holders living outside dorms
- 967 work permit holders living inside dorms
Old Apr 23, 20, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Thank you for all the replies.
Old Apr 24, 20, 5:59 am

Flight schedule for June are out. Same as April/May. 15 destination

Search this Thread
Search Engine: