Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ New updated Travel Waiver Policy (9th Apr 2020)

SQ New updated Travel Waiver Policy (9th Apr 2020)

Old May 17, 2020, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Of course. But if SQ can't fill an A380 out of JFK/FRA on a premium heavy route more than a year from now, we got bigger demand issues.
even SQ themselves mentioned that they do not expect demand to be back in 12-18 months. Business travel will be much lesser.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
In order to cancel the ticket and/or opt for a credit refund (up until their current specified date of end of June 2020), does one have to wait for SQ to cancel the flight before one can get a refund/credit with the new global waiver travel policy? Or can one opt to get a refund/credit if the flight may still be running?
Old May 24, 2020, 10:02 pm

I had a XXX-SIN(stopover)-KUL redemption ticket using KF miles, where XXX-SIN has been flown pre COVID-19 and SIN-KUL is due to fly after 30 June.

I asked how much refund I would receive if I hypothetically decide not to fly SIN-KUL (because Malaysia imposes 14 days quarantine for arrivals, also I don't fancy being subjected to another 14 days quarantine upon my return to SIN).

I was told that currently the waiver policy applies to flights up to 30 June only. But the policy may extend to flights after that date, especially if the aforementioned quarantine challenges continue to remain for travellers.

If so, SQ would not refund any KF miles because the KF miles required for XXX-SIN and XXX-SIN-KUL are the same. But they will refund the US$100 stopover fee + any unused taxes for SIN-KUL.

I think this is fair. Hope the guidance helps, because this scenario doesn't appear to be mentioned in their waiver policy FAQ.
Old May 24, 2020, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by sonyxperiageek
In order to cancel the ticket and/or opt for a credit refund (up until their current specified date of end of June 2020), does one have to wait for SQ to cancel the flight before one can get a refund/credit with the new global waiver travel policy? Or can one opt to get a refund/credit if the flight may still be running?
For scheduled departures up to 30 June, you don't have to wait until your flight is cancelled.
sonyxperiageek likes this.
Old May 24, 2020, 11:45 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I had a XXX-SIN(stopover)-KUL redemption ticket using KF miles, where XXX-SIN has been flown pre COVID-19 and SIN-KUL is due to fly after 30 June.

I asked how much refund I would receive if I hypothetically decide not to fly SIN-KUL (because Malaysia imposes 14 days quarantine for arrivals, also I don't fancy being subjected to another 14 days quarantine upon my return to SIN).

I was told that currently the waiver policy applies to flights up to 30 June only. But the policy may extend to flights after that date, especially if the aforementioned quarantine challenges continue to remain for travellers.

If so, SQ would not refund any KF miles because the KF miles required for XXX-SIN and XXX-SIN-KUL are the same. But they will refund the US$100 stopover fee + any unused taxes for SIN-KUL.

I think this is fair. Hope the guidance helps, because this scenario doesn't appear to be mentioned in their waiver policy FAQ.
That would be quite generous and not the normal handling. Under non-COVID19 conditions, one does not get the 100$ stopover fee refunded when the ticket has been partially flown.

I discussed this on April 6 with an agent at Ion Center and back then I was told in a polite way that I could forget recovering the 2x 100$ for a similar DPS-SIN-BKK ticket where DPS-SIN had been flown. Also getting back the extra 2.5k mls wasn't in the cards, but it certainly would be nice if that was possible nowadays. Let's see.
Old May 25, 2020, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by demue
That would be quite generous and not the normal handling. Under non-COVID19 conditions, one does not get the 100$ stopover fee refunded when the ticket has been partially flown.

I discussed this on April 6 with an agent at Ion Center and back then I was told in a polite way that I could forget recovering the 2x 100$ for a similar DPS-SIN-BKK ticket where DPS-SIN had been flown. Also getting back the extra 2.5k mls wasn't in the cards, but it certainly would be nice if that was possible nowadays. Let's see.
have u requested for a refund for this situation ? I am in same situation as well. Just waiting for their confirmation on what I am getting.
Old May 25, 2020, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by demue

Suggest you request a refund if your scheduled SIN-BKK is before 30 June... as the COVID-19 waiver policy was issued on April 9, after your visit to SQ at ION.
Old May 27, 2020, 3:42 am

strange... the travel waiver hasn't been updated for July. However, flights in July with a stop in SIN don't seem to be bookable anymore. For example, ZRH-SIN-BNE on July 11 isn't available. But my booking is still confirmed....
Old May 27, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Air NZ has just announced its limited schedules will extend until the end of 31st August 2020, and that includes the cancellation of the international flight between Auckland and Singapore. I am booked to go on that in August, and it still says Confirmed in my Singapore Airlines app. I guess it is still filtering down to SQ.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

July flights are eligible for refund/credits now
Old May 28, 2020, 8:38 pm

Programs: Alaska
my non-operating june flights have not been cancelled yet....
Old May 28, 2020, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m
my non-operating june flights have not been cancelled yet....
I thought you could still cancel and get the benefit of refund or credit even if they haven't cancelled yet?
Old May 28, 2020, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by sonyxperiageek
I thought you could still cancel and get the benefit of refund or credit even if they haven't cancelled yet?
partner award ticket. need wait for cancellation.
sonyxperiageek likes this.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:41 am
Original Poster

My June 11 flight finally cancelled on 19/5.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:51 am

my non-operating june 16th, june 18th flights are still confirmed...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.