Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ cancellations in April 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2020, 12:07 am
Original Poster

SQ cancellations in April 2020

I am waiting for SQ to officially cancel my return flight SIN-JNB from 24 Apr to 7 May so that I can request a cash refund. This website https://mainlymiles.com/2020/03/25/f...in-april-2020/ states that SQ will only be operating flights to five destinations (to four cities in China and Brunei) in April as loaded in GDS, and this is supported by SQ's booking engine where they have zeroed out most flights in April 2020.

However my flight is still listed as 'Confirmed' and the flight is not listed in the pdf file of cancellation https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=jmjgoyqg (in fact, the pdf files miss out on a lot of supposedly cancelled flights). Anyone else in this situation where their flights are most probably not going to happen but are not explicitly listed as cancelled on the reservation page or listed in the pdf files of cancellations? Should I just go ahead with the refund request (which might take at least a week) or wait until I get official notification? Or is there any remote possibility that the flight might still take place as scheduled?

Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2020, 12:55 am

As per routesonline.com, SQ will still be flying to JNB in April But then tickets are not being sold right now n SQ might cancel it later.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-27mar20/

Suggest u can just wait a while first ?
Old Mar 29, 2020, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Ah I see. I will wait some more then. Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Looks like SQ updated their April flight schedule today on their web site. SQ 38/37 to LAX still operating certain days. No flights to India. If I am reading it right.

Last edited by PilgrimsProgress; Apr 1, 2020 at 1:17 pm
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:15 pm

Fyi

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=k88gnin9
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Based on that timetable, party like it's 1959? TBH I'm surprised they didn't just convert the three Euro flights to a single (daily) multistop.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:43 am

Does anyone know whether the SQ flight from Singapore to Incheon is still operating, or any to Haneda, Tokyo? I am trying to explore getting to Incheon or Haneda, as I still have a connecting flight end of April from Haneda to the U.S, but as far as I can tell and I've been told these flights are cancelled for April.

For Incheon, it's just I notice that the Delta web site is offering tickets from SIN - Incheon - Seattle.. and the SIN - Incheon segment is operated by Singapore Airlines. So because they have the ticket available for purchase, it's making me confused whether the flight is really operating or not. Such a confusing time. Thanks for any information...
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by treepuppy
Does anyone know whether the SQ flight from Singapore to Incheon is still operating, or any to Haneda, Tokyo? I am trying to explore getting to Incheon or Haneda, as I still have a connecting flight end of April from Haneda to the U.S, but as far as I can tell and I've been told these flights are cancelled for April.

For Incheon, it's just I notice that the Delta web site is offering tickets from SIN - Incheon - Seattle.. and the SIN - Incheon segment is operated by Singapore Airlines. So because they have the ticket available for purchase, it's making me confused whether the flight is really operating or not. Such a confusing time. Thanks for any information...
No Haneda. But they still fly to Narita. They do fly to Seoul too.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...1northasia.pdf

Last edited by Zilchster; Apr 6, 2020 at 4:46 am Reason: Add in information
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Zilchster
No Haneda. But they still fly to Narita. They do fly to Seoul too.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...1northasia.pdf
The U.S Embassy is sending e-mails to Americans in Singapore claiming that SQ is still flying to Haneda. But as far as I can tell, they are not. I would need to get to Haneda, because the connecting flight to the U.S would be Haneda->Seattle.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by treepuppy
The U.S Embassy is sending e-mails to Americans in Singapore claiming that SQ is still flying to Haneda. But as far as I can tell, they are not. I would need to get to Haneda, because the connecting flight to the U.S would be Haneda->Seattle.
Yes, out of SIN, JL is flying to HND. SQ and NH to NRT.
FlyingSloth likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 6:43 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Sorry to ask here but I can't justify full access to Expert Flyer at the moment. Can anybody check on EF and let me know if all classes are "zeroed out" on SQ286 AKL-SIN 2nd May 2020 and SQ322 SIN-LHR 2nd May 2020. I am booked and confirmed on both these flights but obviously cannot take them as I'm not allowed to transit Singapore and need to know if being zeroed out is a pre-cursor to them being cancelled anyway. The flights were in the timetable, then removed and have gone back in today although cannot be booked when I tried a test booking.
Thanks,
Lawrence
Old Apr 13, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Lussac
Sorry to ask here but I can't justify full access to Expert Flyer at the moment. Can anybody check on EF and let me know if all classes are "zeroed out" on SQ286 AKL-SIN 2nd May 2020 and SQ322 SIN-LHR 2nd May 2020. I am booked and confirmed on both these flights but obviously cannot take them as I'm not allowed to transit Singapore and need to know if being zeroed out is a pre-cursor to them being cancelled anyway. The flights were in the timetable, then removed and have gone back in today although cannot be booked when I tried a test booking.
Have you checked out SQ's latest covid policy? https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...1%20May%202020 Since your flight is in May you can request a refund regardless of whether your flight is flying or not.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 10:14 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Originally Posted by shuigao
Have you checked out SQ's latest covid policy? https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...1%20May%202020 Since your flight is in May you can request a refund regardless of whether your flight is flying or not.
it's a bit more complicated than that. The original booking was via a travel agent that has ceased trading and the refund apparently will go the administrators and not to me who I would then have to try and retrieve the money from. Yes, I would prefer the cash and not future travel voucher as I think the voucher will be worth very little if the forecast vast increase in fares comes to fruition next year due to forced separation on flights. Worst case scenario is that I will have to accept the voucher and more or less write-off the money.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 12:52 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If the money would go into the administration of the defunct / bankrupt travel agent, depending on country process and remaining assets you could end up with 10-20 cents I n the dollar or even nothing. A voucher would be much preferable in that case.
Aussienarelle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.