Saver Awards in First

Old Mar 26, 20, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Saver Awards in First

Hello,

Forgive me if this has been already asked, but I have a few questions about trying to nab those elusive Saver First awards. Do they have a separate fare code? All I see for First on expertflyer is F and A. Are any released close in to the date of travel? Are you able to waitlist for a Saver first award when there are Advantage Awards available? This wasn't an option on the website, but maybe it's possible to call in for that? EDIT: it looks like I can't waitlist when I'm trying to book more than one ticket; is that just a website limitation, or is it actually not possible?

I'd research this myself, but with the state of the world all the rules are out the window right now...I'm looking to book a trip on SQ25 at an undetermined date for two people so the logistics are, obviously, tricky. My thanks for the help!

Last edited by Alex Huerta; Mar 26, 20 at 11:54 am
Old Mar 26, 20, 5:47 pm

C'mon at least try to do a little bit of research before asking questions that are literally addresses on countless websites! Saver suites/first awards (SQ 25 is on the A380 so its has suites not first) are difficult to get. If they become available at all (and they aren't always made available) you are going to basically have to book them the minute they are released 355 days before departure. The miles bloggers make it seem like getting a saver suites award is pretty easy 355 days out, but the airline does not always make such awards available. Waitlists are usually available 355 days out if the award is not released, but even the number of waitlist slots is limited and the chances that a waitlist award will clear is less than 50% and probably way less. Maybe all of this will change given the state of the airline industry at the moment, but I doubt Singapore is going to want to be giving away cheap suites tickets to people without elite status.
Old Mar 27, 20, 2:27 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Saver First is bookingclass O according to SQ nomenclature. Not sure if it shows up as separate in EF or not. The exact policy of making waitlist available or not is unknown. There's not a big benefit to SQ in making Saver tickets available at short notice - my impression is it's only done for routes where they didn't make Saver available initially. At the moment they are probably being super cautious in award space since the company is taking a huge financial hit from coronavirus and lots of cancellations of routes that will require rebooking. Until they know how many postponed trip there are it's a big risk to give away seats on future flights.

If you really want a trip in Suites/First the best thing to do is plan your route and dates around availability rather than vice versa.
Old Mar 27, 20, 5:58 am

Programs: Alaska
2 saved suite awards on SQ 25 is highly unlikely. Even 1 is hard enough.
Old Mar 27, 20, 12:18 pm
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Originally Posted by Alex Huerta View Post
Hello,

All I see for First on expertflyer is F and A.
The award classes, if available, can be seen using the Award & Upgrade search tool.
Old Yesterday, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
2 saved suite awards on SQ 25 is highly unlikely. Even 1 is hard enough.
Not really, just need to do your research and be ready 355 days out. Keep in mind, from my experience, departures on Friday/Saturday/Sunday either have limited or no O saver fares for SQ25. I also found that the fare may go live, but immediately be waitlist only... However if you look 2-3 days later, they can be immediately booked at saver level.
MathNerd likes this.
Old Yesterday, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by BHalper View Post
Not really, just need to do your research and be ready 355 days out. Keep in mind, from my experience, departures on Friday/Saturday/Sunday either have limited or no O saver fares for SQ25. I also found that the fare may go live, but immediately be waitlist only... However if you look 2-3 days later, they can be immediately booked at saver level.
This is only true at certain times of the year. I monitored saver awards on SQ25 and 26 daily 355 days out for flights from September 2020 to January 2021. I observed that flights were easy to book 355 days out in September and October, but for November to January saver award were never made available. Saver awards 355 days out appear to be seasonal.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: