Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Award Flight Cancellation ? Please Online/Phone

Old Mar 23, 20, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Hi, I'm sure the phones are super busy with passengers changing things in the near future so I thought I'd ask here so I don't clog up the phones with my flight that is a few months out.

Have two award fights in two different accounts booked, one for me one for my wife. Neither of us has SQ status.

1. If I need to cancel a award flight, can I do it online (cancel, pay redeposit fee and get the points redeposited into my account) or do I need to call in?

2. I have another award flight in July that the miles used are now past expiration date(expired last month). Once expired I think I could change the date only but not modify the itinerary any other way without forfeiting the points. Has anyone ran into this and is SQ making exceptions with this scenario please. I'm assuming no but thought I'd ask.

Thanks so much!
Old Mar 23, 20, 6:29 pm

I called this morning Pacific time and had no wait to get through to the Awards line... My upcoming flight was cancelled and they were able to get the miles redeposited for me.
Old Mar 24, 20, 1:14 am

Reward points

I had to cancel two award bookings with Kris Flyer and going points back but I was still charged US$75 each time which I think is poor when you have to cancel because of Covid 19
tbm13 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 20, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Jwatkins48 View Post
I had to cancel two award bookings with Kris Flyer and going points back but I was still charged US$75 each time which I think is poor when you have to cancel because of Covid 19
I have 2 award flights booked for May(paid $235 in fees total for both tickets). If I cancel and pay the $75 to get points redeposited, does the $235 get refunded? I have contacted SG online 4 days ago with this question but no response yet.
Old Mar 24, 20, 7:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
Originally Posted by mike.nolan View Post
I have 2 award flights booked for May(paid $235 in fees total for both tickets). If I cancel and pay the $75 to get points redeposited, does the $235 get refunded? I have contacted SG online 4 days ago with this question but no response yet.
Yes the fees are refunded when you redeposit.
mike.nolan likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: