Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN Transit stop from 23 2359 Local

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Originally Posted by Lussac
Oh cr*p!! Only re-arranged our flights on Friday after waiting 4 hours at AKL airport to make the changes so now have to start all over again or be stuck here in AKL with no accommodation.
Well, stayed up late last night and managed to secure a couple of tickets on Qatar at an extortionate rate for 3rd April. Just have to hope now that Qatar doesn't ban transit passengers and if they do we will be royally stuffed. Have been trying to find accommodation here for 3 to 4 months as a fallback in case NZ goes into lockdown (as they are threatening) but the rents are just unaffordable and unfurnished house rentals are for a minimum of 6 months and normally they are 12 month contracts (as an illustration holiday lets are running at between $900 and $2000 a week!!).
Old Mar 22, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Thanks for posting this important update. Let's see how SQ responds ...
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress
Thanks for posting this important update. Let's see how SQ responds ...
They've announced 96% capacity reductions, grounding 138/147 planes. My guess is their LHR flights repatriating Singaporeans and residents will be the last of their regularly scheduled activity.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-kills-demand
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: Krisflyer
If you are not a “ resident” then you are a short term visitor whether on Transit or entering the country

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.