Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How to reach SQ? Days on hold and flight cancelled leaving tomorrow!

Old Mar 19, 20, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

My flight was cancelled and have no way to call them as ive tried to reach them w/o success for the past 3 days. Call drops after about 1.5 hours, no way to reach anyone. How does one reach them? I understand the situation but shouldnt we expect better for a business class ticket that cost a lot of money?
Old Mar 19, 20, 9:00 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Part of the trouble is that they are probably flooded with calls from anxious (non) travellers with tickets in 2-3 months time, despite advice to only call if booking is within 3 days.

Don't panic though. Part of the waiver policy includes the following (which means you can still deal with it after the original travel date):

In view of the high contact volumes across our customer service touchpoints, we will be waiving no-show fees for travel between 16 to 31 March 2020.

If you have decided not to travel but are unable to reach our customer service representative before your travel date, please be assured that no-show fees will be waived when you rebook or change your ticket to open-dated.
Old Mar 19, 20, 9:14 pm

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Would visiting SQ downtown office be a help in this case?
Anyone outside SG can share some experiences? I read that even SQ office in ION Singapore has long queue
Old Mar 20, 20, 12:52 am

do u still need to take the flight ? Any other alternative flight available ? If really urgent pls book alternative flight first.

Can settle the old ticket with SQ later or ask for refunds via the online form.
Old Mar 20, 20, 2:54 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by aritrixa View Post
Would visiting SQ downtown office be a help in this case?
Anyone outside SG can share some experiences? I read that even SQ office in ION Singapore has long queue
Someone shared a photo from last week of a long queue, anecdotal evidence mentioned as long as 4hrs wait. But it may no longer be the case. This week is SG school holidays so i imagine the rush from last week was for those trying to sort out travel taking place this week.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: