Award Ticket

Old Mar 18, 20, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Award Ticket

Have an award ticket that might be affected in June if this still keeps increasing. If I want to change award ticket, and the only ones available are "wait listed" will Singapore possibly make an exception and allow me to book on wait listed? Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 20, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by mvp2885 View Post
Have an award ticket that might be affected in June if this still keeps increasing. If I want to change award ticket, and the only ones available are "wait listed" will Singapore possibly make an exception and allow me to book on wait listed? Thanks.
if your flight is not cancelled n you want to make changes now, then need to have the award space.

If your flight is cancelled then they can rebook you to any other flight (same destination) without award space.

Just wait first to see whether there is any changes.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 18, 20, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
if your flight is not cancelled n you want to make changes now, then need to have the award space.

If your flight is cancelled then they can rebook you to any other flight (same destination) without award space.

Just wait first to see whether there is any changes.
when you mean without reward space, are you saying they can book me on an award seat? In this case I booked business class
Old Mar 19, 20, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by mvp2885 View Post
when you mean without reward space, are you saying they can book me on an award seat? In this case I booked business class
yes. If your award flight is cancelled by SQ (so far they have only cancel 1 or 2 destinations for June)., they can rebook you to any flight to same destination even that new flight is on waitlist. They can open up the award space.

BUT if your flight is NOT cancelled, then SQ wonít open up the award seat for you (for those waitlist flight).
Old Mar 23, 20, 7:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
So I had 2 one-way F awards (SIN-NRT / NRT-SIN) for which the flights were cancelled.

I filled in the online form and requested SQ to cancel, and they have done so (don't know the terminology but the two PNR's are still "active" and miles are not redeposited).

I've sent fresh instructions to SQ to open up award space to rebook the exact same flights in Feb 2021 (Currently only Saver Waitlist / Advantage). Hopefully they won't come back to me saying oh your ticket was already cancelled so we can't open up space.
Old Mar 23, 20, 10:07 pm

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Actually, in all the statements and advisories issued by SIA, the handling of reward tickets is pretty much mute. That isn't good and adds to anxiousness of travelers, especially when miles used have expired and such.

I just had a last leg of a one-way KF award cancelled (which is the fine, no gripes there), but will now not have a need in the foreseeable future to travel to the destination. Can I change my destination to another one (no mileage top up required) without a fee or ???

Via the form I don't get clarity from the responses which are all over the place. I also have a return booked from said destination as a first leg on a separate multi-leg one way KF award that is still operating, but not needed either.

So ultimately, as both flight are Mid April I'll wait to be within 72hrs of planned travel and then join the queue at ION as calling or dealing with such issues via web form is pretty much hopeless. Not my desired approach, but not much choice. YMMV.
tbm13 likes this.

Last edited by demue; Mar 24, 20 at 1:47 am
Old Mar 23, 20, 10:34 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by demue View Post
Actually, in all the statements and advisories issues by SIA, the handling of reward tickets is pretty much mute. That isn't good and adds to anxiousness of travelers, especially when miles used have expired and such.

I just had a last leg of a one-way KF award cancelled (which is the fine, no gripes there), but will now not have a need in the foreseeable future to travel to the destination. Can I change my destination to another one (no mileage top up required) without a fee or ???

Via the form I don't get clarity from the responses which are all over the place. I also have return booked as a first leg on a separate multi-leg one way award that is still operating, but not needed either.

So ultimately, as both flight are Mid April I'll wait to be within 72hrs of planned travel and then join the queue at ION as calling or dealing with such issues via web form is pretty much hopeless. YMMV.
In February I cancelled a trip to the Philippines out of caution and was charged just $25 to change my ticket to BKK and for almost a year later (does SQ not enforce ticket expiry on award tickets). So, if you can figure out where you want to go and when you want to go in the next year, the worst case is you're out $25.
Old Mar 23, 20, 11:23 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 1353513636 View Post
In February I cancelled a trip to the Philippines out of caution and was charged just $25 to change my ticket to BKK and for almost a year later (does SQ not enforce ticket expiry on award tickets). .
Yes , they enforce ticket expiry - just that on SQ/MI awards that expiry date is one year after initial date of travel.
Old Mar 24, 20, 1:26 am

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
I have a question, but still related to the tittle:
I read some said that the cancellation/change fee is $100, some experienced with $75, and in this thread I read $25.
Anyone can enlighten me, is there any different between those?
My wife experienced in changing the flight date with same destination, and she was charged $100 by the SQ office agent.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: typo
Old Mar 24, 20, 11:43 pm

Programs: Alaska
$25 is change for SQ/MI award for saver award
$50 is change for partner award
$75 is to redeposit mile
$100 is no show for economy
$200 is no show for premium economy

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u.../service-fees/
tbm13 and Brendan like this.
Old Mar 25, 20, 1:15 am

All these figures are in USD. I called the SIN call center for award redeposit of miles, was charged S$109 on 22 March.
Old Mar 25, 20, 1:26 am

SQ cancelled my SQ637/638 SIN-NRT on new suites (2 seats).

Iím searching for replacement dates and basically there are ZERO dates that have 2 available savers for rebooking for the same flights.

SQ so far has responded to me and said they wonít open up award space and have declined to rebook. They say either keep the ticket open and rebook later, book the other B773 flight with award space (but thatís F and not suites), or redeposit and pay the usd75.

That sort of sucks big time.
tbm13 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 20, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by shuigao View Post
SQ cancelled my SQ637/638 SIN-NRT on new suites (2 seats).

Iím searching for replacement dates and basically there are ZERO dates that have 2 available savers for rebooking for the same flights.

SQ so far has responded to me and said they wonít open up award space and have declined to rebook. They say either keep the ticket open and rebook later, book the other B773 flight with award space (but thatís F and not suites), or redeposit and pay the usd75.

That sort of sucks big time.
now certainly is not the best time to rebook future travel. The airline is under stress for all kinds of urgent matters.

you will simply be brushed off as no one at the top has decided how to handle rebooking such tickets.

The inventory will be quite different after all settle down.
Old Mar 25, 20, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
now certainly is not the best time to rebook future travel. The airline is under stress for all kinds of urgent matters.
you will simply be brushed off as no one at the top has decided how to handle rebooking such tickets.
The inventory will be quite different after all settle down.
That's a good point.
Anyway my NRT-SIN ticket after a few back & forths, the JP desk agreed to redeposit and waive redeposit fee.
Now to try and get the SIN-NRT leg done as well.
I've decided that I'd rather have my miles back for more waitlisting / change route flexibility rather than to be stuck with the SIN-NRT route.
Old Mar 25, 20, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao View Post
That's a good point.
Anyway my NRT-SIN ticket after a few back & forths, the JP desk agreed to redeposit and waive redeposit fee.
Now to try and get the SIN-NRT leg done as well.
I've decided that I'd rather have my miles back for more waitlisting / change route flexibility rather than to be stuck with the SIN-NRT route.
good choice, IMO.

i donít think SQ will open award space for rebooking as circumstance has changed with everyone requiring rebooking. Everything goes back to normal. 1 or 2 saved seats for most routes.

it was only possible before because the number of rebooking volume was low and seats were not selling anyway.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: