FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Award Ticket (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/2013504-award-ticket.html)

mvp2885 Mar 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Award Ticket

Have an award ticket that might be affected in June if this still keeps increasing. If I want to change award ticket, and the only ones available are "wait listed" will Singapore possibly make an exception and allow me to book on wait listed? Thanks.

sbs2716g Mar 18, 2020 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by mvp2885 (Post 32203257)
Have an award ticket that might be affected in June if this still keeps increasing. If I want to change award ticket, and the only ones available are "wait listed" will Singapore possibly make an exception and allow me to book on wait listed? Thanks.

if your flight is not cancelled n you want to make changes now, then need to have the award space.

If your flight is cancelled then they can rebook you to any other flight (same destination) without award space.

Just wait first to see whether there is any changes.

mvp2885 Mar 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g (Post 32204829)
if your flight is not cancelled n you want to make changes now, then need to have the award space.

If your flight is cancelled then they can rebook you to any other flight (same destination) without award space.

Just wait first to see whether there is any changes.

when you mean without reward space, are you saying they can book me on an award seat? In this case I booked business class

sbs2716g Mar 19, 2020 2:04 am

Originally Posted by mvp2885 (Post 32204954)
when you mean without reward space, are you saying they can book me on an award seat? In this case I booked business class

yes. If your award flight is cancelled by SQ (so far they have only cancel 1 or 2 destinations for June)., they can rebook you to any flight to same destination even that new flight is on waitlist. They can open up the award space.

BUT if your flight is NOT cancelled, then SQ won’t open up the award seat for you (for those waitlist flight).

shuigao Mar 23, 2020 7:28 pm

So I had 2 one-way F awards (SIN-NRT / NRT-SIN) for which the flights were cancelled.

I filled in the online form and requested SQ to cancel, and they have done so (don't know the terminology but the two PNR's are still "active" and miles are not redeposited).

I've sent fresh instructions to SQ to open up award space to rebook the exact same flights in Feb 2021 (Currently only Saver Waitlist / Advantage). Hopefully they won't come back to me saying oh your ticket was already cancelled so we can't open up space.

demue Mar 23, 2020 10:07 pm

Actually, in all the statements and advisories issued by SIA, the handling of reward tickets is pretty much mute. That isn't good and adds to anxiousness of travelers, especially when miles used have expired and such.

I just had a last leg of a one-way KF award cancelled (which is the fine, no gripes there), but will now not have a need in the foreseeable future to travel to the destination. Can I change my destination to another one (no mileage top up required) without a fee or ???

Via the form I don't get clarity from the responses which are all over the place. I also have a return booked from said destination as a first leg on a separate multi-leg one way KF award that is still operating, but not needed either.

So ultimately, as both flight are Mid April I'll wait to be within 72hrs of planned travel and then join the queue at ION as calling or dealing with such issues via web form is pretty much hopeless. Not my desired approach, but not much choice. YMMV.

1353513636 Mar 23, 2020 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 32225041)
Actually, in all the statements and advisories issues by SIA, the handling of reward tickets is pretty much mute. That isn't good and adds to anxiousness of travelers, especially when miles used have expired and such.

I just had a last leg of a one-way KF award cancelled (which is the fine, no gripes there), but will now not have a need in the foreseeable future to travel to the destination. Can I change my destination to another one (no mileage top up required) without a fee or ???

Via the form I don't get clarity from the responses which are all over the place. I also have return booked as a first leg on a separate multi-leg one way award that is still operating, but not needed either.

So ultimately, as both flight are Mid April I'll wait to be within 72hrs of planned travel and then join the queue at ION as calling or dealing with such issues via web form is pretty much hopeless. YMMV.

In February I cancelled a trip to the Philippines out of caution and was charged just $25 to change my ticket to BKK and for almost a year later (does SQ not enforce ticket expiry on award tickets). So, if you can figure out where you want to go and when you want to go in the next year, the worst case is you're out $25.

lokijuh Mar 23, 2020 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636 (Post 32225107)
In February I cancelled a trip to the Philippines out of caution and was charged just $25 to change my ticket to BKK and for almost a year later (does SQ not enforce ticket expiry on award tickets). .

Yes , they enforce ticket expiry - just that on SQ/MI awards that expiry date is one year after initial date of travel.

aritrixa Mar 24, 2020 1:26 am

I have a question, but still related to the tittle:
I read some said that the cancellation/change fee is $100, some experienced with $75, and in this thread I read $25.
Anyone can enlighten me, is there any different between those?
My wife experienced in changing the flight date with same destination, and she was charged $100 by the SQ office agent.
Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: typo

freed0m Mar 24, 2020 11:43 pm

$25 is change for SQ/MI award for saver award
$50 is change for partner award
$75 is to redeposit mile
$100 is no show for economy
$200 is no show for premium economy

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u.../service-fees/

fone Mar 25, 2020 1:15 am

All these figures are in USD. I called the SIN call center for award redeposit of miles, was charged S$109 on 22 March.

shuigao Mar 25, 2020 1:26 am

SQ cancelled my SQ637/638 SIN-NRT on new suites (2 seats).

I’m searching for replacement dates and basically there are ZERO dates that have 2 available savers for rebooking for the same flights.

SQ so far has responded to me and said they won’t open up award space and have declined to rebook. They say either keep the ticket open and rebook later, book the other B773 flight with award space (but that’s F and not suites), or redeposit and pay the usd75.

That sort of sucks big time.

freed0m Mar 25, 2020 1:36 am

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 32229420)
SQ cancelled my SQ637/638 SIN-NRT on new suites (2 seats).

I’m searching for replacement dates and basically there are ZERO dates that have 2 available savers for rebooking for the same flights.

SQ so far has responded to me and said they won’t open up award space and have declined to rebook. They say either keep the ticket open and rebook later, book the other B773 flight with award space (but that’s F and not suites), or redeposit and pay the usd75.

That sort of sucks big time.

now certainly is not the best time to rebook future travel. The airline is under stress for all kinds of urgent matters.

you will simply be brushed off as no one at the top has decided how to handle rebooking such tickets.

The inventory will be quite different after all settle down.

shuigao Mar 25, 2020 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m (Post 32229440)
now certainly is not the best time to rebook future travel. The airline is under stress for all kinds of urgent matters.
you will simply be brushed off as no one at the top has decided how to handle rebooking such tickets.
The inventory will be quite different after all settle down.

That's a good point.
Anyway my NRT-SIN ticket after a few back & forths, the JP desk agreed to redeposit and waive redeposit fee.
Now to try and get the SIN-NRT leg done as well.
I've decided that I'd rather have my miles back for more waitlisting / change route flexibility rather than to be stuck with the SIN-NRT route.

freed0m Mar 25, 2020 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 32232386)
That's a good point.
Anyway my NRT-SIN ticket after a few back & forths, the JP desk agreed to redeposit and waive redeposit fee.
Now to try and get the SIN-NRT leg done as well.
I've decided that I'd rather have my miles back for more waitlisting / change route flexibility rather than to be stuck with the SIN-NRT route.

good choice, IMO.

i don’t think SQ will open award space for rebooking as circumstance has changed with everyone requiring rebooking. Everything goes back to normal. 1 or 2 saved seats for most routes.

it was only possible before because the number of rebooking volume was low and seats were not selling anyway.