Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Miles and status expirations during coronavirus situation

Miles and status expirations during coronavirus situation

Old Apr 10, 20, 6:00 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LHR
Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 274
Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
I'm happy to hear that they are extending mile expiration.

Unfortunately, the new policy doesn't make any sense whatsoever: if you had an award ticket with miles expiring in June and those miles are redeposited, then SQ will extend until June (2 months) according to an email they sent me. But if you had miles in your account that expire in April, you get an extension until October (6 month).

How is that consistent?
I just noticed that it's 30 June 2021, not 2020. That's actually great news. So miles that were used for awards that are being refunded are extended until June 2021 whereas miles in your account are extended by 6 months.
tbm13 is offline  
Old Apr 10, 20, 6:03 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LHR
Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 274
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
read through the FAQ. But only apply for those tickets cancelled n redeposited after 9/April.
so those who cancelled before 9/apr will get nothing if their miles have expired unless they convert it to open dated ticket previously.
It's not entirely clear but I think if you cancelled before April 9 but it hasn't been processed yet, the new policy applies. I think the new policy only doesn't apply if your refund/cancellation hasn't been processed yet.
tbm13 is offline  
Old Apr 16, 20, 8:38 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Stockholm
Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Posts: 354
Originally Posted by AJ747M View Post
Thanks. I gave them a call, and the agent I spoke with has made a request to upgrade the status. Will hear back next week.
Update here: SQ were kind enough to upgrade me to Gold
AJ747M is offline  
Old Jul 2, 20, 2:27 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,042
Originally Posted by TA View Post
Well, SQ was kind enough to send me this email today:
may i know which email adddress did you use to write them to request for miles extension?

i need to do that as well
gnomey is offline  
Old Jul 2, 20, 8:20 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 546
Originally Posted by TA View Post
Well, SQ was kind enough to send me this email today:
I believe my miles were already extended once automatically so will they be extended again?

I received this email yesterday

In view of the Covid-19 outbreak, we will be extending the validity period of your KrisFlyer miles by six months, and they will now expire between March 2021 and June 2021 respectively. For example, KrisFlyer miles expiring on 30 September 2020 will now be valid until 31 March 2021 after the extension.
Soccerjoshj07 is offline  
Old Jul 3, 20, 9:56 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07 View Post
I believe my miles were already extended once automatically so will they be extended again?

I received this email yesterday
Same here. I've got 22XXX miles set to expire in August. I had previously extended them. When I called they said they should be extended but who knows. I'm going to call again and see what they say.
fieldfreen is offline  
Old Jul 3, 20, 11:57 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,882
Originally Posted by fieldfreen View Post
Same here. I've got 22XXX miles set to expire in August. I had previously extended them. When I called they said they should be extended but who knows. I'm going to call again and see what they say.
this is from their FAQ


sbs2716g is offline  
Old Jul 4, 20, 8:40 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
this is from their FAQ


Well that certainly answers all my questions, thanks for the info! So with #3 if I have points expiring next month (guessing they expire on the last day of the month so August 31st) then the system will automatically extend them on September 1st for the 6 months. Thanks
Soccerjoshj07 and sbs2716g like this.
fieldfreen is offline  
Old Aug 20, 20, 8:25 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 43
I've got 22XXX miles expiring at the end of August. I just want to make sure I understand their policy correctly on the extension.

On September 1st my miles will automatically be extended for 6 months. Is this correct?

Anyone have any issues with their miles not being automatically extended?

Thanks
fieldfreen is offline  
Old Aug 20, 20, 8:33 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,882
Originally Posted by fieldfreen View Post
I've got 22XXX miles expiring at the end of August. I just want to make sure I understand their policy correctly on the extension.

On September 1st my miles will automatically be extended for 6 months. Is this correct?

Anyone have any issues with their miles not being automatically extended?

Thanks
for my case my 18300 miles that is suppose to expire in July 2020 have been extended to Jan 2021.

To play safe, screenshot or print in pdf the current miles balance (and also the no of miles that is expiring) on last day of the month. And compare the following day. You should see the miles extended.
sbs2716g is offline  
Old Aug 20, 20, 10:52 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
for my case my 18300 miles that is suppose to expire in July 2020 have been extended to Jan 2021.

To play safe, screenshot or print in pdf the current miles balance (and also the no of miles that is expiring) on last day of the month. And compare the following day. You should see the miles extended.
Thanks for the data point and reminder to take a screenshot if something gets biffed up.
fieldfreen is offline  
Old Aug 20, 20, 11:52 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 546
And just to clarify... if they've been extended once from Covid (Apr to Oct), they will be extended again?
Soccerjoshj07 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 20, 12:56 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07 View Post
And just to clarify... if they've been extended once from Covid (Apr to Oct), they will be extended again?
I'd call them to clarify and ask. I called yesterday to ask about my question above and was connected pretty much instantly.

From the link below though it appears yes that they will be extended an additional 6 months in your case. I'd call just to make sure though.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...020renewal-kf/

My miles that were expiring between April and June 2020 were previously extended by 6 months and will be expiring between October and December 2020 respectively. Are these miles eligible for further extension?

Yes, as a one-time goodwill gesture, all miles that were expiring between April and June 2020 were extended to expire between October and December 2020. These miles will be further extended for another 6 months, and will now expire between April and June 2021 respectively.

Edit: Just realized your miles that originally expired in April 2020 will now expire in April 2021 while mine that expire in August 2020 will expire in February 2021. Lovely.

Last edited by fieldfreen; Aug 21, 20 at 1:03 pm
fieldfreen is offline  
Old Oct 8, 20, 10:34 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,882
Latest update is that miles are being extended once again. Including those which were extended previously

mainlymiles have a good summary.

https://mainlymiles.com/2020/10/09/k...1EH6O4zKhOeZCU
tbm13 and Sandeep1 like this.
sbs2716g is offline  
Old Oct 9, 20, 12:25 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5,471
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
Latest update is that miles are being extended once again. Including those which were extended previously

mainlymiles have a good summary.

https://mainlymiles.com/2020/10/09/k...1EH6O4zKhOeZCU
Was just coming to post that as I just received an email. Excellent!! I had 150k expiring between June 2020 and June 2021 so this is extremely helpful. Thanks Singapore!!
Sandeep1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread