Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access in Changi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2020, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
I’d recommend just staying the extra night in the city. Singapore is wonderful with lots to see and do. As much as I love Changi airport, I wouldn’t cut back my time in the city if I were you. Have breakfast, taxi to the airport, check in, walk round Jewel for half an hour in the comparative peace before the shops open, then go airside for your flight.

I don’t rate Jurassic Mile. The path is narrow and crowded with people posing for pictures while frustrated runners and cyclists try not to collide. No chance for proper social distancing either. The walk from the plastic dinosaurs to Jewel is an unpleasant schlep alongside a noisy road past parking lots and a deserted T4. It’s a novelty, but not a worthy distraction from the myriad delights Singapore has to offer IMHO.
It's all about novelty. If I just had Friday to Sunday in Singapore, would I spend one night at EXPO before my flight? HECK, NO!

But if I had a week and being an "airport fan"? Plus enjoying some funny Instagram shots? I'd definitely do Jewel+Jurassic walk, and OP clearly seems to be this way (nothing wrong with that, by the way)

Plus what would he really "lose"? He'd spend the whole day in the city, then just head towards EXPO/Airport in the early evening. The mall next to the hotel is perfectly fine and less busy than some places downtown, and he could enjoy Changi without luggage, having a chilled evening after visiting the airport, then take a proper relaxation and not have to worry about getting to the airport taking a while. Plus probably saving some SGD doing so.

I could even see it as a more heavy Combo: Check out hotel in the city with luggage, head straight to EXPO. Checkin at the hotel there (say, 12.30pm), if room isn't ready, then just drop luggage.

OP said he loves slides. Why not go for Wild Wild Wet? It's a fun water park not that far away. Take MRT (throught Tanah Merah), and you're there rather quickly. Or just Grab there.

Alternatively, visiting Pulau Ubin is also much easier from EXPO. Half-day trip, then back to the hotel, followed by Changi airport visit in the early evening as described.

Staying in the city certainly has a lot to offer, but staying in the east part of Singapore certainly isn't boring either, depends what you're up to. Having a single night there before your flight can be a good addition.
hdogan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.