FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   SQ25 NYC-FRA Speculations after US Ban ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/2012485-sq25-nyc-fra-speculations-after-us-ban.html)

mabobo Mar 11, 2020 9:50 pm

SQ25 NYC-FRA Speculations after US Ban ?

Hi,
does anybody dare to guess what will happen to this connection ?
I currently have a ticket for March 14th NYC-FRA. Can something be guess based on other Singapore Airlines behaviour in such a situation?
Thank you :)
Ma

Top of climb Mar 11, 2020 10:30 pm

I don't think I am speculating when I say that the FRA-JFK-FRA legs of SQ25/26 will be cancelled. If you still want to travel SQ will probably re-route you on another airline via the UK or a non-Schengen European port.

jjjohn Mar 11, 2020 10:50 pm

My April MXP-SIN sector was rerouted to SQ25.
Not sure if I could ask them to rerouted to LHR-SIN?

Didn't receive any email or sms from SQ about the reroute. Just found out in My Trip.

freed0m Mar 11, 2020 11:55 pm

Maybe time to cancel SIN-FRA-JFK with A380 and starts SIN-TYO-JFK with B77W or A350?

sbs2716g Mar 12, 2020 1:54 am

SQ seem to zeroed out SQ26/25 for the next few weeks for SIN-JFK. Can’t find any availability at their website.

SIN-FRA for SQ26/25 still bookable

rp88 Mar 12, 2020 2:05 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g (Post 32172796)
SQ seem to zeroed out SQ26/25 for the next few weeks for SIN-JFK. Can’t find any availability at their website.

Does zeroed out mean that all the flights are cancelled?

sbs2716g Mar 12, 2020 2:36 am

Originally Posted by rp88 (Post 32172832)
Does zeroed out mean that all the flights are cancelled?

they are not selling any seatsas they decide on the next step. Or else people will complain if you are going to cancel, why still sell seats.

High chance might cancel FRA-JFK or they will carry on SIN-JFK but without allowing any paxes front FRA (except US residents) to board.

rp88 Mar 12, 2020 2:48 am

I actually just called them. I have an upcoming FRA-JFK flight in the next few days.
They said the flight has not been cancelled.
I even asked him to double check with a supervisor.
If anyone hears otherwise, please share!

Stuttgart21 Mar 12, 2020 4:40 am

Originally Posted by rp88 (Post 32172951)
I actually just called them. I have an upcoming FRA-JFK flight in the next few days.
They said the flight has not been cancelled.!

I suggest calling again later tonight or tomorrow. Several people scheduled to fly on several airlines reported service center agents not being up to speed just yet.

terbangalways Mar 12, 2020 5:22 am

Originally Posted by jjjohn (Post 32172358)
My April MXP-SIN sector was rerouted to SQ25.
Not sure if I could ask them to rerouted to LHR-SIN?

Didn't receive any email or sms from SQ about the reroute. Just found out in My Trip.

If you have not accepted the auto reroute, then you can call in and change for free.
Most probably they will accept it, but do call and try.

warakorn Mar 12, 2020 5:36 am

You will see that 95% of all Germany-US flights will be cancelled. I only expect that UA/DL/AA may run a token service for a couple of weeks from FRA.
The effect of the Trump travel ban won't be as huge, because most businesses have cut transatlantic travel already before the ban was announced.

And the travel ban will be most likely be extended beyond the 30 days.

rp88 Mar 12, 2020 7:58 am

What EU261 options do we have here, if they cancel?

I have a FRA-JFK flight (award ticket on Suites) upcoming soon. I paid cash for a JFK-Lax ticket, as LA is my final destination.

Any chance to have them reroute me to Lufthansa F to LAX?
Or route me FRA-SIN-LAX in F on their own SQ metal?

When I first called to see tentative options they said I could get a refund of my miles only. But it seems we all would be entitled to a re-routing on another airlines metal per EU261, no?

Often1 Mar 12, 2020 9:26 am

It all depends on what you mean by "soon". The Proclamation was issued last night and goes into effect tomorrow night. Unless you are traveling on Saturday, I would do nothing until things settle. This will allow carriers to determine service reductions and establish rebooking policies for their passengers. Calling now will not likely yield the best result for most.

Nothing in EC 261/2004 requires rebooking on another carrier although most carriers routinely do so. It is far too early to determine what exactly will be preserved, but it is entirely likely that there will be at least some minimal service FRA-NYC and perhaps SFO. If you have booked separate tickets for domestic US travel, you may find that under the carrier's Covid rebooking policy, it is easy to cancel or change.

For all of these reasons, I would give it a bit of a rest so that you have access to good information which has been sent on to call centers along with implementing instructions.

carrotjuice Mar 12, 2020 7:52 pm

I have a family member flying SQ25 JFK-FRA-SIN on 19 March. Currently the flight still shows as confirmed. Although if you try to book a revenue ticket, the only option presented for that day is JFK-LAX-SIN (where JFK-LAX is on Alaska).

Perhaps the cancellation impacts only flights from Europe to US but not the other way round, flights are okay to fly from US to Europe?

carrotjuice Mar 12, 2020 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Stuttgart21 (Post 32173236)
I suggest calling again later tonight or tomorrow. Several people scheduled to fly on several airlines reported service center agents not being up to speed just yet.

Another poor show from SQ. If there is anyone who should be properly equipped to handle passenger queries are the frontline service agents!