Flight cancelled but not been notified?

Old Mar 4, 20, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Flight cancelled but not been notified?

Flying SIN to MEL on 13th May SQ 227. This Flight is on the list of cancelled flights from 2 days ago but I have not received any notifications from SQ?

My booking still shows the flight as confirmed! What are people's experience with cancelled flights? How soon did they notify and provide an alternate flight?

My booking starts from LHR to SIN which is not affected. Flying in F on a redemption ticket all the way through.
Old Mar 4, 20, 3:02 pm

Programs: TK Gold
I'm in the same boat. My PER-SIN has been cancelled yet my booking still shows confirmed. If I make a dummy booking the flight isn't available. I guess it takes them time to work through all the bookings and manually? reschedule them. I will try calling the call centre but I suspect with the Fly365 thing everything will be jammed up.
Old Mar 4, 20, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I am not sure how one can say that one has not been notified if one has been notified by looking at a list which shows the flight as cancelled.

It would seem that you have two immediate tasks:
1. Do some research to determine the best alternatives and have those in hand for when you call. It is unlikely that you will be rebooked on other carriers or outside the alliance, although redemption space itself should not be necessary.
2. Call. Do not wait as others will be calling in and they will wind up with the best reroutes while you do not.
Wramsey1980 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 20, 4:01 pm

Exactly what I did. It did take a long time to get through but was able to suggest to the operator my preferred flight and seat and had immediate confirmation of new travel details and ticketing via email.
Old Mar 4, 20, 4:08 pm

Considering the vast number of customers affected it's reasonable to think that closer flights are being prioritised for change of bookings etc over flights in May and June. I too would call in asap rather than wait for them eventually get to you.
Wramsey1980, lokijuh and anaidross like this.
Old Mar 4, 20, 6:23 pm

I had a flight within the next week that was cancelled. So I think they are bogged down dealing with cancellations within in the immediate couple of days.

Called in and got it sorted.
Wramsey1980 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 20, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, UA 2MM
My CGK-SIN (SQ959) flight April 30 was on the new ‘cancelled’ list and I would be unable to make my SIN-SFO connection (SQ2) taking a later flight and I was inbound to CGK from Ambon such that I couldn’t make an earlier flight either. I filled out the special coronavirus form and simply told them to change my flights to SQ955 and SQ34 on May 1. I had booked the original flights using ‘saver’ award miles and there was only ‘waitlisted’ saver inventory for SQ34 when I made my request. Less than 48 hours later I got an email confirming the new flights....no questions asked and no further mileage request. Given all the stress they must be under, I thought this service was exemplary. And I’m on the nonstop instead of via HKG👍
Old Mar 5, 20, 6:37 pm

Programs: TK Gold
Originally Posted by rdmmsmsfo View Post
My CGK-SIN (SQ959) flight April 30 was on the new ‘cancelled’ list and I would be unable to make my SIN-SFO connection (SQ2) taking a later flight and I was inbound to CGK from Ambon such that I couldn’t make an earlier flight either. I filled out the special coronavirus form and simply told them to change my flights to SQ955 and SQ34 on May 1. I had booked the original flights using ‘saver’ award miles and there was only ‘waitlisted’ saver inventory for SQ34 when I made my request. Less than 48 hours later I got an email confirming the new flights....no questions asked and no further mileage request. Given all the stress they must be under, I thought this service was exemplary. And I’m on the nonstop instead of via HKG👍
I agree. They do seem to be doing an excellent job under the circumstances. I decided to hang on the line and it took me an hour to get through then 5 minutes to make the necessary changes. All good.
Old Mar 5, 20, 8:22 pm

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Originally Posted by rdmmsmsfo View Post
If I may ask, as I have the same flight CGK-SIN-SFO- in July: did you receive cancellation notification from SQ, or did you find it out by yourself?
Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 20, 11:01 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Most people here so far found out by checking the PDF with the flight cancellations SQ published. I also have SIN-CGK-SIN in early May and both my outbound and inbound flights are cancelled. In My Bookings they still show fine and confirmed, but alas SQ has lots of folks to reaccomodate so I'll try to use the form another poster mentioned and request rebooking. Calling takes hours on hold, see how it goes.
Old Mar 6, 20, 12:39 am

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Originally Posted by demue View Post
Most people here so far found out by checking the PDF with the flight cancellations SQ published. I also have SIN-CGK-SIN in early May and both my outbound and inbound flights are cancelled. In My Bookings they still show fine and confirmed, but alas SQ has lots of folks to reaccomodate so I'll try to use the form another poster mentioned and request rebooking. Calling takes hours on hold, see how it goes.
Well note taken. Thanks!
I am on a crossroad now, between cancelling our vacation July trip or preparing all US accomodation and intracontinent transportation
Old Mar 6, 20, 6:29 am

Wife and I had a SGN-SIN flight cancelled for late April on the first round of cancellations, we received an email the same day from SQ and our TA with them moving us to an earlier flight. App was updated the same time we got the email.
I'm starting to count ourselves lucky that our very small change was taken care of so quickly.
Old Mar 8, 20, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
I am not sure how one can say that one has not been notified if one has been notified by looking at a list which shows the flight as cancelled.

It would seem that you have two immediate tasks:
1. Do some research to determine the best alternatives and have those in hand for when you call. It is unlikely that you will be rebooked on other carriers or outside the alliance, although redemption space itself should not be necessary.
2. Call. Do not wait as others will be calling in and they will wind up with the best reroutes while you do not.
In times like this, redemption tickets proved to be way superior than revenue tickets.
I've got a few that were cancelled. Called and on hold for longest 58 mins and got sorted.
No extra taxes and stopover fees are collected - which is surprisingly good!
And SQ does opens up seats should your saver redemption is not available.

Do contact them as soon as you realized your flight is cancelled despite online booking showing otherwise.
If you wait around, there could be no more seats.
There might be more flight cancellations in near time so do monitor accordingly.
Wramsey1980 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 20, 11:18 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm having lots of fun with the SQ reservation agents that handled my rebooking (well reaccomodation) request. Both my inbound and outbound SIN-CGK-SIN are cancelled (not operating) on my days off travel as per SQ PDF from website from 3 Mar.

So I used the COVID-19 form to request to be reaccommodated for both flights for said reason and I even spelled out the other flights I would prefer which are still available. A week later (okay turnaround time as my flights are still several weeks away) I get notification of changes to my outbound as requested. No response from SIA, just change emails.

However, no one changes my also cancelled return CGK-SIN. So I sent another request through the form asking about the return and within record time of 15mins get an answer explaining me how changes are only permitted for flights to/from certain locations and only up to 30 Apr and that I will have to pay change fee and fare difference if I still want to change my flight.

Two SIA reservations agents who make their own lives more difficult by being careless and/ or having serious issues with reading comprehension. Why lecture me on fare rules if SQ cancelled the flight? Or can they not read their own advisory?

​​​​So I fired back an email providing them​ with their own PDF for cancelled flight advisory and explained again. We shall see how many attempts it takes SQ reservation agents to fix a simple roundtrip itinerary. I shudder at the thought of fixing more complex bookings. "Alamak" is all that comes to mind (locals will know )

Last edited by demue; Mar 12, 20 at 11:31 am
Old Mar 12, 20, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by demue View Post
I'm having lots of fun with the SQ reservation agents that handled my rebooking (well reaccomodation) request. Both my inbound and outbound SIN-CGK-SIN are cancelled (not operating) on my days off travel as per SQ PDF from website from 3 Mar.

So I used the COVID-19 form to request to be reaccommodated for both flights for said reason and I even spelled out the other flights I would prefer which are still available. A week later (okay turnaround time as my flights are still several weeks away) I get notification of changes to my outbound as requested. No response from SIA, just change emails.

However, no one changes my also cancelled return CGK-SIN. So I sent another request through the form asking about the return and within record time of 15mins get an answer explaining me how changes are only permitted for flights to/from certain locations and only up to 30 Apr and that I will have to pay change fee and fare difference if I still want to change my flight.

Two SIA reservations agents who make their own lives more difficult by being careless and/ or having serious issues with reading comprehension. Why lecture me on fare rules if SQ cancelled the flight? Or can they not read their own advisory?

​​​​So I fired back an email providing them​ with their own PDF for cancelled flight advisory and explained again. We shall see how many attempts it takes SQ reservation agents to fix a simple roundtrip itinerary. I shudder at the thought of fixing more complex bookings. "Alamak" is all that comes to mind (locals will know )
is your CGK-SIN already reflected as cancelled in “manage my booking”? Maybe it is not yet updated n the staff did not go see the cancellation list. I guess these staffs are pulled from other departments instead n might not be too familiar.

I can imagine how many emails/ request they handle. The agent I spoke to yesterday wanted to sort out my request n end call quickly.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: