Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

BKK-DPS itineraries and singapore airlines free tours

Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

So fellas, I'm booking with United miles and have done KBV-BKK-DPS many times before, on Thai in business, which is actually my existing booking. However, I have to minimally move the dates. This generally in the past has also meant a night in BKK whether at a hotel or in the airport, with the airport being trying to catch some Z's on some kind of bench as iirc the business lounge closes at 2am.

If I fly out of BKK and manage to get there from KBV or not, I'm noticing I can have a potentially interesting stop in Singapore - where I have never been. Although this still may or may not end up with me spending a night in BKK and almost certainly a night in Singapore, although the latter does have a 24 hour lounge, so at least a nicer place to temporarily pass out if I want. The birds also look interesting and I like the idea of seeing a new place and I also see they provide some free tours, of which you can only go on one.

One itinerary I see is SQ 975 (BKK-SIN 12:15-3:40pm A350-900) + SQ 940 (SIN-DPS +1 8:20-11:00am A330-300)

It seems that if I have an overnight, I could get there in time to take the City Sights Tour (later better for lights and pics?) and rather than enter security and the airport upon return, go to the nearby Jewel and kind of give myself a Jewel Tour on my own? It looks like the Jewel is open 24/7. Canopy Park per google says 11pm and the tour says it ends at 10pm (is that returned sharp?) - seems I would have to quickly get over to the Jewel and pay to enter the CP. This appears to be a coronavirus limited time, vs. a norm of 3am? A lot of the other attractions appear to be closed by 10pm too. Am I missing out? There is no way for me to check out the Jewel earlier in the day and still go on any tour after, as the tours all start from a secure airside check-in, correct?

Alternatively I could do something like arrive at 7:40pm on another itinerary, walk out the airport, and do whatever I please... seems kind of nice to have the packaged itinerary though and a guide keeping you moving, getting you back to the airport, and at no cost in what I imagine could be reasonably expensive in transiting from a to b to c. Thoughts? Should I make a big deal out of these tours or just come up with my own night itinerary and eat whatever it costs?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

well. these look somewhat interesting as well...

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/n...pover-holiday/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.