Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Award Date Change Question ... Until When is the Ticket Valid?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

a good chunk of SQ miles were expiring at the end of Nov 2019.

So, I booked IAH-SIN-CEB on Nov 30, 2019 to travel on Nov 13, 2020.

if I were to change the dates, what is the furthest out I can push this without requiring redepositing?

is it

a) Nov 30, 2020 —> one year from booking date?

or

b) Nov 13, 2020 —> one year from original travel date

also, what are the rules to changing dates?

i assume same carrier is a requirement, but what about routing?

thank you
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Nov 30, 2020 will be the expiration date.

If you have to change dates, all travel must be completed by Nov 30, 2020.

If you make a change on an award ticket, there will be no carrier/routing restriction, as you will simply be "refared" based on the new reservation and any fees you need to pay. However, because your miles have expired, you can't refare to an award with lower miles required and get the extra re-deposited.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:37 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Actually - your ticket is 12 months from the travel date, so you have until Nov 12, 2021, to complete the use of the ticket.

Refer to I. Singapore Airlines and SilkAir redemption and upgrade awards Clauses 19 & 22d.

All award tickets are valid for twelve months from the date of the first flight as ticketed, unless otherwise specified.
lokijuh likes this.

Last edited by fimo; Mar 3, 2020 at 1:48 am
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by fimo
unless otherwise specified.
I would urge OP to check, as I don't really believe SQ will let such ticket to expires almost 2 years later.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:43 am

It is indeed correct, and has been the 'loophole' all this while. But checking is always good,.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fimo
It is indeed correct, and has been the 'loophole' all this while. But checking is always good,.
lol. Well, checking over the phone didn’t yield any concrete results.

two agents gave me two complete different answers lol

I’m beyond confused LOL

Has anyone actually made schedule changes 12 months from the original date of travel instead of the original booking date?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:31 am

Did you call to ask about the KF rules? Or about the validity of your current ticket? They should be able to look at your ticket fare conditions/validity. If that's what you did then can't help you much further ... LOL

If you search in this forum this question has come up quite a few times so hopefully there are also responses in those threads that can provide data points for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.